Syracuse NCAA hoops scandal

Guest Guest

Guest Westsider

Read deeper into the stories..... The child scandal turned out to nothing. 2 of the advisers admitted lying...... 1 denied any kiddy touching during 4 previous investigations and the 4th one brought up accusations right after the Sandusky scandal. That case is a non issue! The failed drug test issue is that the NCAA tests once a year and once during tourney games.... A school can test if they choose during season. Syracuse did that and self reported violations. The story is that Syracuse may or may not have sat the kids that failed tests.... Unfortunately NCAA rules don't allow schools to tell the press shy students are disciplined. Over the the years there has been a number of situations where basketball players at Syracuse have sat and the media doesn't know why. Boehiems statement to pat forde was "good luck with your story" says slot to me. There is no story........ Syracuse is one of the FEW schools that actually test there kids.......pat forde has a hard-on for Syracuse because he went all in on the Fine story and called for everyone to be fired and tried to equate it with Penn state only to be proven a fool! Pat forde is also the same writer who did a story on the top 5 basketball rivalries in college basket and put Seton hall- Rutgers in the top 5 but left of the Cuse- gtown rivalry. Nuff said!

Guest Guest

Read deeper into the stories..... The child scandal turned out to nothing. 2 of the advisers admitted lying...... 1 denied any kiddy touching during 4 previous investigations and the 4th one brought up accusations right after the Sandusky scandal. That case is a non issue! The failed drug test issue is that the NCAA tests once a year and once during tourney games.... A school can test if they choose during season. Syracuse did that and self reported violations. The story is that Syracuse may or may not have sat the kids that failed tests.... Unfortunately NCAA rules don't allow schools to tell the press shy students are disciplined. Over the the years there has been a number of situations where basketball players at Syracuse have sat and the media doesn't know why. Boehiems statement to pat forde was "good luck with your story" says slot to me. There is no story........ Syracuse is one of the FEW schools that actually test there kids.......pat forde has a hard-on for Syracuse because he went all in on the Fine story and called for everyone to be fired and tried to equate it with Penn state only to be proven a fool! Pat forde is also the same writer who did a story on the top 5 basketball rivalries in college basket and put Seton hall- Rutgers in the top 5 but left of the Cuse- gtown rivalry. Nuff said!

enjoy your glass of orange Kool Aid. he kept a close friend who was a kiddie diddler on his staff for decades. Fine offered up his wife to the players. known potheads not suspended for testing positive.

if Broadus had done that you'd be leading the lynch mob and Pete Thamel would have it all over the NYT

Guest Guest

He knew nothing about Bernie Fine and the ball boy

He knew nothing about the players having sex with Fine's wife

He knew nothing about failed drug tests

Hey, I have been a big JB fan over the years, but at some point NOT knowing becomes just as big an issue as knowing, doesn't it? I mean, who is running the show here? JB may just be circling the wagons etc..., but you can't always claim ignorance without someday being accused of just being ignorant.

It's too bad really, but the house of cards seems to be collapsing around him. Any one of these things wouldn't be a huge deal, but all at once paints a picture of a program without leadership or controls.

I don't know if that's really the case, but perception and reality at some point begin to get mixed when the media takes over the story. That's just the world we live in these days.

Guest Guest

Since the drug testing is a self-controlled thing, not following their own internal testing and reporting guidelines can not only be grounds for lack of institutional control...but if Syracuse is found to have covered up the results, and the leadership knew that was done they can waive the statue of limitations as well.

I think between the Fine molestation case, his wife sleeping with players, and now this...at the very least it paints Coach B as someone that isn't in control of his program. Whether that's true or not, I don't know because we don't know if people were intentionally keeping these things from him or he was "looking the other way" to protect himself or he was just legitmately unaware.

But it won't come as a huge surprise if Jimmy B announced his retirement after this season or next just to put an end to the fiasco and turn over a new leaf in Syracuse.

Syracuse has a great team this year. Should be interesting to see how this affects them going into the tournament. Will they take an early exit or make it to the Final 4? I'm guessing their run will come to an end somewhere inbetween.

It's coming down to Kentucky or UNC. The 2 best teams in the tournament. Hopefully, they play each other for the NC

Guest no an SU fan

He knew nothing about Bernie Fine and the ball boy

He knew nothing about the players having sex with Fine's wife

He knew nothing about failed drug tests

Hey, I have been a big JB fan over the years, but at some point NOT knowing becomes just as big an issue as knowing, doesn't it? I mean, who is running the show here? JB may just be circling the wagons etc..., but you can't always claim ignorance without someday being accused of just being ignorant.

It's too bad really, but the house of cards seems to be collapsing around him. Any one of these things wouldn't be a huge deal, but all at once paints a picture of a program without leadership or controls.

I don't know if that's really the case, but perception and reality at some point begin to get mixed when the media takes over the story. That's just the world we live in these days.

I'm in complete agreement with Jim B's claims that he knows nothing about these issues. He really is both ignorant and arrogant and knows little or nothing about basketball either. These incidents prove that he is concerned only about winning basketball games and truly does not care about his players. I hope he stays and gets his ass kicked by the ACC. He and Syracuse deserve it.

Guest Guest

I'm in complete agreement with Jim B's claims that he knows nothing about these issues. He really is both ignorant and arrogant and knows little or nothing about basketball either. These incidents prove that he is concerned only about winning basketball games and truly does not care about his players. I hope he stays and gets his ass kicked by the ACC. He and Syracuse deserve it.

Yea, Boeheim sucks.

800 wins are a joke.

Keep the objectivity flowin'.

Guest Guest

enjoy your glass of orange Kool Aid. he kept a close friend who was a kiddie diddler on his staff for decades. Fine offered up his wife to the players. known potheads not suspended for testing positive.

if Broadus had done that you'd be leading the lynch mob and Pete Thamel would have it all over the NYT

What does Broadus have to bitch about?

He is still getting BU's buck and coaching at Gtown as well.

I really feel for the guy that went and got every borderline charactered balla' into a quality institution like BU.

Apples to Oranges, literally. Boeheim excused a few "ballas" over the years when their decision making put them in trouble.

Yea, Boeheim sucks.

800 wins are a joke.

Keep the objectivity flowin'.

They play one of thw weakest schedules, he should have a 1000 wins by now.

Guest Guest
Wait til SU plays the ACC schedule. Unless it is Duke or UNC, the quality teams in the ACC now are all FORMER BIG EAST TEAMS. I'll take 2 games each year against Clemson, Wake, and NC State every year any day instead of having to play Uconn, GTown and Loisville every year

Guest Westsider

Year in and year out they have a top ten strength of schedule....... Kentucky played michigan and Indiana..... But if you check the rest of their out of conf games they played really bottom barrel teams. Syracuse also plays in the toughest conference aswell. They bullcrap about them playing weak teams has jumped the shark....... Come up with something new.... Troll!

Guest guest

Year in and year out they have a top ten strength of schedule....... Kentucky played michigan and Indiana..... But if you check the rest of their out of conf games they played really bottom barrel teams. Syracuse also plays in the toughest conference aswell. They bullcrap about them playing weak teams has jumped the shark....... Come up with something new.... Troll!

Sorry their SOS is 72, Troll... yourself.

Guest Westsider

Sorry their SOS is 72, Troll... yourself.

It's not 72.... They are either 1 or 2 in all the Rpi lists........ Check all the ratings .... Sagarin-12..... DailyRPI-8.......Kenpom-9.... If ur going by the 4 letter than ur dumber than your posts...... Retard!

Guest Westsider

800 Wins, yes. But 400 are against LeMoyne, Canisius, Iona, Siena, BCC, etc.

Lemoyne is d2 moron.... Those wins don't count..... It's a scrimmage. Troll

Guest Westsider

enjoy your glass of orange Kool Aid. he kept a close friend who was a kiddie diddler on his staff for decades. Fine offered up his wife to the

players. known potheads not suspended for

testing positive.

How many kiddie touchers keep having sex with them until they are 26......... Nothing has been proven that the sexual relationship began before Davis was 17..... Nothing was proven that the wife had sex with Davis before he was 17.....the only thing proven is Davis owes fine 5000$ and his attorney Allred is muddying the waters pretty good. The weed part is unknown..... It's not clear if Boeheim sat players or not...... Schools do not release that info.... NCAA looking into it right now. Boeheim sounded pretty confident when he told Forde "good luck with your story"!

Guest westsider my ass

It's not 72.... They are either 1 or 2 in all the Rpi lists........ Check all the ratings .... Sagarin-12..... DailyRPI-8.......Kenpom-9.... If ur going by the 4 letter than ur dumber than your posts...... Retard!

Wrong again, God it must suck being you.

Guest Guest

Jimbo got lucky with a freshman named Carmelo and GerryMac going nuts hitting 3-pointers in the 1st half

Without either one.....he's still without a NC

Guest Guest
Jimbo got lucky with a freshman named Carmelo and GerryMac going nuts hitting 3-pointers in the 1st half Without either one.....he's still without a NC

Without nuts, my uncle would be my aunt.

Moron.

Guest Guest

What does Broadus have to bitch about?

He is still getting BU's buck and coaching at Gtown as well.

I really feel for the guy that went and got every borderline charactered balla' into a quality institution like BU.

Apples to Oranges, literally. Boeheim excused a few "ballas" over the years when their decision making put them in trouble.

Broadus did exactly what he was hired to do. Boeheim does the same thing, as does almost every D1 coach in the US. It was only a big deal because the academics at BU think they are too good to have sports as a diversion from their brainiac insanity.

Guest Guest

Without nuts, my uncle would be my aunt.

Moron.

So are you telling me your aunt has a dick? Jimbo got lucky. Carmelo should have gone straight to the NBA and GerryMac went lights out in the 1st half. Either one doesn't happen and Jimbo is still without a title. I guess the truth hurts

Archived