Tiger Woods will win Masters?

Guest gus

Guest Joe Lefebvre

Don't put to much stock in the Tournament he just won. It was like the "Tiger Invitational" on his home course against a paired down field. Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald (among others) were not there. I expect Tiger to play better than he has in recent Majors, but no better than a Top 5 finish.

Don't put to much stock in the Tournament he just won. It was like the "Tiger Invitational" on his home course against a paired down field. Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald (among others) were not there. I expect Tiger to play better than he has in recent Majors, but no better than a Top 5 finish.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I am no fan of his but his ability to play the game under pressure and win golf tournaments is unprecedented.

It wouldn't shock me at all to see him win the Masters, which used to be the "Tiger Invitational".

I say Top 10 but not a win (and I used to route for Tiger all the time when he was winning non-stop). If the field didn't hand it to him this past weekend he could have potentially lost that tournament to. He didn't do anything fancy, he shot -2. It's a BIG momentum swing when the guy you are playing with (currently in 2nd) starts off with a double bogey and you now have a 4 shot lead by just getting a par. Had any of those guys in 2nd-5th place put on a big charge he could have very easily lost, but all he had to do was play a basic round of golf and he wins.

But I do think if he does win the Masters it will prove to that he is back

Guest Guest

I say Top 10 but not a win (and I used to route for Tiger all the time when he was winning non-stop). If the field didn't hand it to him this past weekend he could have potentially lost that tournament to. He didn't do anything fancy, he shot -2. It's a BIG momentum swing when the guy you are playing with (currently in 2nd) starts off with a double bogey and you now have a 4 shot lead by just getting a par. Had any of those guys in 2nd-5th place put on a big charge he could have very easily lost, but all he had to do was play a basic round of golf and he wins.

True, he didn't do anything on the last two days, just hung around at -11 -12, while all the other players just collapsed, I don't think anyone in the top 10 broke par on Sunday.

But isn't that how Woods and Nicklaus won most of their tournaments, by intimidation.

True, he didn't do anything on the last two days, just hung around at -11 -12, while all the other players just collapsed, I don't think anyone in the top 10 broke par on Sunday.

But isn't that how Woods and Nicklaus won most of their tournaments, by intimidation.

Yes Back in the day Tiger definitely could intimidate a player into a bad round on Sunday. If he was just in the tournament everybody knew he had a chance to catch you come Sunday........but this weekend? I think the others just played bad. He hasn't been a huge factor lately to intimidate anybody like he used to. But if he starts winning again and winning by big numbers that'll all change. Had some of the players who have been winning lately like Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald and a few others been in the tournament it could have been a different outcome. The guys that were even in the top 5 Sunday haven't won in how long? So I'm sure Woods himself felt no pressure that day when he stepped up to the first Tee. And then that great first hole by Graeme kind or confirmed that for him.

Guest Joe Lefebvre

I wouldn't be so sure.

I am no fan of his but his ability to play the game under pressure and win golf tournaments is unprecedented.

It wouldn't shock me at all to see him win the Masters, which used to be the "Tiger Invitational".

It is possible for sure. But I can see the Irish kid taking it to the next level in Majors this year. Tiger dominated his contemporaries like no other both physically and mentally. I believe he could still regain his old form (if he hasn't already) but I believe that McIlroy is unlike the Tiger contemps that repeatedly choked away leads to him. At this point - Rory is flat out better and just as strong (if not stronger) mentally. Like I said - Tiger may be "back", but that might not be enough to consistently beat this kid. I expect that Phil will be the primary player pushing Rory at this year's Masters. Prediction : McIlroy will win 2 majors this year (barring injury) - and it wouldn't surprise me if he won 3. That's how good this kid is (IMO).

Let the games begin - I love it that the Masters concludes on Easter Sunday this year ...

It is possible for sure. But I can see the Irish kid taking it to the next level in Majors this year. Tiger dominated his contemporaries like no other both physically and mentally. I believe he could still regain his old form (if he hasn't already) but I believe that McIlroy is unlike the Tiger contemps that repeatedly choked away leads to him. At this point - Rory is flat out better and just as strong (if not stronger) mentally. Like I said - Tiger may be "back", but that might not be enough to consistently beat this kid. I expect that Phil will be the primary player pushing Rory at this year's Masters. Prediction : McIlroy will win 2 majors this year (barring injury) - and it wouldn't surprise me if he won 3. That's how good this kid is (IMO).

Let the games begin - I love it that the Masters concludes on Easter Sunday this year ...

Don't forget Luke Donald as well. He has been clutch lately and holding his own. It's been a battle with #1 ranking between him and Rory and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The first tournament after he lost his #1 status to Rory, Luke goes in and wins a 4 way play off match to take back #1 status setup by an awesome wedge shot from the rough. If this keeps up it could be a fun season to watch. Tiger could definitely be "back" as people are saying, but I think he needs to win a few more tournaments before you can really say "he's back".

Guest Joe Lefebvre

Donald is legit as well. He has yet to win a Major though. I think he lacks the stones that McIlroy has. Do you see him breaking through this year ?

Well, I ain't a fan of Tiger by any stretch.

He is a huge fake.

He possesses 0 humility.

He is a spoiled brat.

But, he closes out golf tournaments like no other in history.

Rory hit one in another zip code with a 3 stroke lead on the back 9 last year.

When it comes to the Masters you round up the usual suspects.

Tiger, Phil, Zach Johnson

Count on Watney, Poulter, Mahan, Donald, and Westwood to place.

I want McIllroy to win but until he closes at Augusta...

The British Open ain't like winning in the US.

Donald is legit as well. He has yet to win a Major though. I think he lacks the stones that McIlroy has. Do you see him breaking through this year ?

I think Luke will get a Major this year. Might not be the masters but I think he'll get at least one this year

Archived