JC Football

Guest Chuck

It won't be 124-0, but it won't be pretty either.

As far as the Spar-Cat Trophy goes, JC is a victim of timing. The Wildcats used to own the Spartans just as the tables have turned in recent years. The tide may well turn again someday. But for now, they don't really even need to remove it from the case and bring it down to the field.

Thoughts? Next week, M-E 124-0???

JC will always struggle as long as that coaching staff is there. Dienhart was hand picked for that job 4-5 years ago and it's hard to beleive they have kept him in the position this long. The kids run the show there. There is no respect level for any of those coaches. JC will get pummled by ME this week and Corning the following week. It's sad to the see where the program has gone.

Stop saying JC is talking trash. There hasn't been one comment of trash talk on here from JC. The kids at JC know how good ME is and that they are going to have their hands full this weekend. They only have 27 or so kids playing on the varsity team and several of those have already been brought up from the JV team. ME does have a great team with a bunch of talented kids. JC is outmatched but the game still has to be played. On any given Saturday even the best can have a bad day and get beaten. ME should stop talking and be humble in their victories. Remember those undefeated New England Patriots, 18 wins and ONE Giant Loss. Talk when it is all over and done with. Good luck to both teams and hope for no one to get hurt.

Guest Chuck Burger

JC is the only team that Will be getting hurt... I predict 52-14.. the 14 being given up by ME's second string

I agree with your assessment. This game will decided by the end of the 1st quarter. The mighty Spartans will prevail big, 58-12, then rightfully take a bow.

A window = A window.

M-E = The Standard.

My nephew plays for ME, and says that all of the schools they have and will play this year know that they'll likely get beaten, but JC is the only team that talks trash

HAHAHA I'll bet anything UE isn't going to ME and planning on getting beat, this is just another rediculous ME claim.

I agree with your assessment. This game will decided by the end of the 1st quarter. The mighty Spartans will prevail big, 58-12, then rightfully take a bow.

A window = A window.

M-E = The Standard.

JC has no QB (knee surgery) and lost the big Jones kid last week to a knee. They are in big trouble.

Guest chuck steak

High school football wins are cyclical and always will be. They cannot recrute like college teams can. I just hope when Maine-Endwell loses their players and the Freshmen and Juniors can't take their place, they can put up with all the classless talk that is put their way. M-E's bad times will come, it always does and I don't think they will be able to handle it. And the results will be poetic justice because right now, M-E can't rise above their good fortune and handle it with class and not run their mouths. People will look back and say, M-E, you deserve all the trash talk because you could dish it out but not take it.

What's up with the JC band leaving the game early? They quit on the team they were there to support. Shame on them

How can you support a team that is losing by 40+ points? I couldn't be associated with that. Shame on the team for not playing better.

How can you support a team that is losing by 40+ points? I couldn't be associated with that. Shame on the team for not playing better.

Another fine performance by the Cats. This is Dienharts 5-6 year there and they have won one meaningful game in that whole time.

Just a wonderful choice for a coach by Lathe JC brass.

Shame on the players! What stupid arrogant person says that. They play the way they are coached. Line can't block anyone because they block against bags all week long. They can't tackle because they don't have tackling drills in practice. So when you don't hit, block or tackle in practice how do expect these kids to do it in a game, especially against talented kids like ME has. They play a defense that doesn't work and never has. Gap responsibility with no outside containment, these are High School kids not the NFL. Everyone else plays a 4x4 defense reading keys and flowing to the ball. not JC will call a gap left responsibility and play goes to the right and they have to go left, easy for the opposing team to make that block. Same offense every year. No imagination, nothing changes, off tackle run, off guard run, occasional trap play, one counter play (46 or 47), option left with right handed QB and roll the same right handed qb left to pass to one reciever who goes out for a pass. Do you know how hard it is for anyone right handed to throw it when you are running for your life to the left. Real genius of an offense. Coaches don't take responsibilty for their play calls and blame the kids. Head coache's father stands on sidelines and gets an Unsportsman like conduct penality on third offensive play of the game for screaming at an offical and he is not listed as a coach on coaching staff. After game he leaves field and doesn't shake hands with opposing team or coaches. Talk with these players, they love the game of football but are not having any fun because its all their fault, coaches ridicule them in front of each other and they (coaches) take no responsibility for not getting them prepared. There is no fun or enjoyment in it for these kids and most of them give up because they have no respect for these coaches. There are some outstanding student athletes in JC not playing football because of these coaches. We are losing by 50 points, and the second and third players don't get in to play. Yet they are there everyday in practice, holding bags, running and conditioning but they can't even get in to play when were down by 50 points. Won't be long before they leave the team and there won't be enough players to hold those bags. JC football has a proud tradition of football but listen to people talk of this program now in Broome County and we are the joke around town. Don't say Shame on the kids, shame on the coaches and program that has let these kids and our community down. A lot of kids have left and gone to other schools, but there are a lot of parents who can't do that with their kids and have to grin and bare it. There really needs to be a change for this program to turn around because they (coaches) will not or won't change. One last point, ME, CV and other coaching staffs have somewhat remained the same but have drastically changed their offenses to be more successful and to stay competitive. Example, single back, double wing offense. I do feel bad that I have to say all this, but this are high school kidsand once again, to sit there and say "Shame on them" and refering to the kids, thats just wrong.

Shame on the players! What stupid arrogant person says that. They play the way they are coached. Line can't block anyone because they block against bags all week long. They can't tackle because they don't have tackling drills in practice. So when you don't hit, block or tackle in practice how do expect these kids to do it in a game, especially against talented kids like ME has. They play a defense that doesn't work and never has. Gap responsibility with no outside containment, these are High School kids not the NFL. Everyone else plays a 4x4 defense reading keys and flowing to the ball. not JC will call a gap left responsibility and play goes to the right and they have to go left, easy for the opposing team to make that block. Same offense every year. No imagination, nothing changes, off tackle run, off guard run, occasional trap play, one counter play (46 or 47), option left with right handed QB and roll the same right handed qb left to pass to one reciever who goes out for a pass. Do you know how hard it is for anyone right handed to throw it when you are running for your life to the left. Real genius of an offense. Coaches don't take responsibilty for their play calls and blame the kids. Head coache's father stands on sidelines and gets an Unsportsman like conduct penality on third offensive play of the game for screaming at an offical and he is not listed as a coach on coaching staff. After game he leaves field and doesn't shake hands with opposing team or coaches. Talk with these players, they love the game of football but are not having any fun because its all their fault, coaches ridicule them in front of each other and they (coaches) take no responsibility for not getting them prepared. There is no fun or enjoyment in it for these kids and most of them give up because they have no respect for these coaches. There are some outstanding student athletes in JC not playing football because of these coaches. We are losing by 50 points, and the second and third players don't get in to play. Yet they are there everyday in practice, holding bags, running and conditioning but they can't even get in to play when were down by 50 points. Won't be long before they leave the team and there won't be enough players to hold those bags. JC football has a proud tradition of football but listen to people talk of this program now in Broome County and we are the joke around town. Don't say Shame on the kids, shame on the coaches and program that has let these kids and our community down. A lot of kids have left and gone to other schools, but there are a lot of parents who can't do that with their kids and have to grin and bare it. There really needs to be a change for this program to turn around because they (coaches) will not or won't change. One last point, ME, CV and other coaching staffs have somewhat remained the same but have drastically changed their offenses to be more successful and to stay competitive. Example, single back, double wing offense. I do feel bad that I have to say all this, but this are high school kidsand once again, to sit there and say "Shame on them" and refering to the kids, thats just wrong.

Ever hear of paragraphs? Create a few in a post and people might actually read your posts.

Screw your paragraphs. Your probably the same person that is always complaining about spelling. This isn't english class.

That was an awesome post and nothing but the truth.

The point is, especially for those with bad eyes, paragraphs serve a purpose. Long ones like that with no breaks are very hard to read for some people. It's not a mater of intelligence or mental capabilities, it's a physical thing. I don't give a crap about spelling or grammar, I just want to understand someone's stance and/or point. When I make a post, I'd like people to read it, thus I do not make it hard to read. That's all.

I'll admit I should have just come out and said that to begin with. My first reply was rude in that regard and I apologize.

Archived