no snow day

Guest westside coach

I've already been on roads today, I made a round trip around 25 miles and did the speed limit the whole time. Not once did I see anyone fall on a treacherous sidewalk, or any cars in the ditch due to the horrendous conditions. I did see a couple of kids that were running around having fun. I almost called the police because I knew how dangerous it is outside and they should be at home all bundled up in bubble wrap so nothing can ever hurt them.

I find it appalling that schools cancel at the drop of a hat. You people sound either like teacher's trying to justify your free day off, or over protective parents that are only attributing to the pussification of this country.

Everyone here knows this idiot from Binghampton would be the first to cry and moan if the schools didn't cancel and there was an accident involving a bus and kids. Get a life.

25 miles? Was that on the high way? Not every child lives in town. Yea the highway may have not been bad, but Owego Transportation routes border PA...so it's not an easy trip.

I've already been on roads today, I made a round trip around 25 miles and did the speed limit the whole time. Not once did I see anyone fall on a treacherous sidewalk, or any cars in the ditch due to the horrendous conditions. I did see a couple of kids that were running around having fun. I almost called the police because I knew how dangerous it is outside and they should be at home all bundled up in bubble wrap so nothing can ever hurt them.

I find it appalling that schools cancel at the drop of a hat. You people sound either like teacher's trying to justify your free day off, or over protective parents that are only attributing to the pussification of this country.

They may have a day off but will be making it up in April so not a free day at all. And I am glad that you are such a wonderful driver in bad weather - bet you are the one who rides someone's bumper the whole way. Everyone has right to drive at a level they are comfortable to protect themselves and others around them including their family - do you have family that you care about and cares about you?

Guest BC Voice of Reason
They may have a day off but will be making it up in April so not a free day at all. And I am glad that you are such a wonderful driver in bad weather - bet you are the one who rides someone's bumper the whole way. Everyone has right to drive at a level they are comfortable to protect themselves and others around them including their family - do you have family that you care about and cares about you?

That's the whole point. The roads weren't bad at all where I went. I was going the speed limit and so was nearly everyone else. I never said I was a wonderful driver in bad weather. In bad weather, I drive what would be considered reasonable based on the conditions. My point is they cancel schools even if there's a hint of bad weather in the forecast, and every year it seems to be more blatant. More than a few times this year they let schools out early or canceled because of bad weather was being projected and it turned out to be a non-event.

Archived