no snow day

Guest westside coach

Guest Guest_working Mom_*

It's nice that the streets are plowed, but what about sidewalks being shoveled? Please people, get out there and shovel so the kiddies and adults don't have to trudge through it. Thanks!

great job? first of all it stopped snowing about 8:30 it is now 7:30 the roads should be clear 11 hours after the snow stopped they deserve a raise especialy luke he is our hero

Guest Guest_working Mom_*
Unfortunately for this "working mom", my boyfriend has no classes at BCC today, so he can watch our son and I STILL have to go to work today. :angry:

I'm sorry Celtic Witch.

Guest owego guest
Tioga County Schools are closed, isn't that O/A?

Tioga "Central" schools are closed. Not the Whole COUNTY. O-A schools didnt even delay. Didnt learn their lesson when teachers were taken away in ambulances after falling during the last icy morning.

Guest Madhatter
On the contrary, there IS a SNOW DAY today!! Guess I'm NOT a working Mom today!! Yippee!!

Hey celtic not to sure why your b/f has no classes at BCC today but everyone else does, it is open.

I kept my kids home today...it's ridiculous to have to worry about them getting to school safe. Some of the town trucks were having trouble...it's all about the almighty dollar for the OA school district. Makes me sick.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
GREAT JOB OWEGO APALACHIN....LETS RISK OUR KIDS, AND DRIVERS TODAY.

Yes, great job Owego Apalachin, for the only school having the common sense to realize 36 degree temperatures, clear roads, 2 inches of melting snow, and rain are no reason to give kids and teachers a day off.

I don't know where the rest of you live...but on the southside of Owego, there was alot more than 2 inches of snow, and any part of the bare road had ice on it. So spare me the soap box speech about how smart OA is.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Road temps running 29 to 31 plus rain = ICE COVERD ROADS. It does not matter what the air temp is.

Oh no! ICE COVERED ROADS we're ALL going to crash and DIE! Spare me the drama. The roads have been fine all night and day. Little thing called rock salt they've been putting down really works wonders.

Oh no! ICE COVERED ROADS we're ALL going to crash and DIE! Spare me the drama. The roads have been fine all night and day. Little thing called rock salt they've been putting down really works wonders.

This person is a real rocket scientist! Can't even spell "Binghamton". If you had actually ventured away from your computer this morning you would have seen that sidewalks and roads were ice covered. Rock salt only works when it's actually applied to the ice. Sitting in someone's garage while people slip and fall on your sidewalks doesn't work.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
This person is a real rocket scientist! Can't even spell "Binghamton". If you had actually ventured away from your computer this morning you would have seen that sidewalks and roads were ice covered. Rock salt only works when it's actually applied to the ice. Sitting in someone's garage while people slip and fall on your sidewalks doesn't work.

I've already been on roads today, I made a round trip around 25 miles and did the speed limit the whole time. Not once did I see anyone fall on a treacherous sidewalk, or any cars in the ditch due to the horrendous conditions. I did see a couple of kids that were running around having fun. I almost called the police because I knew how dangerous it is outside and they should be at home all bundled up in bubble wrap so nothing can ever hurt them.

I find it appalling that schools cancel at the drop of a hat. You people sound either like teacher's trying to justify your free day off, or over protective parents that are only attributing to the pussification of this country.

I've already been on roads today, I made a round trip around 25 miles and did the speed limit the whole time. Not once did I see anyone fall on a treacherous sidewalk, or any cars in the ditch due to the horrendous conditions. I did see a couple of kids that were running around having fun. I almost called the police because I knew how dangerous it is outside and they should be at home all bundled up in bubble wrap so nothing can ever hurt them.

I find it appalling that schools cancel at the drop of a hat. You people sound either like teacher's trying to justify your free day off, or over protective parents that are only attributing to the pussification of this country.

I also drove 25+ miles (one way) to work today and it didn't seem all that bad out there. Couldn't figure out why they cancelled schools myself as the roads didn't seem bad. My lucky little brats get to stay home and we only live 3 miles from school. If I can make it 25+ miles with no problem, the school bus should be able to make it 3.

Just remember, it is NOT the teachers or students who cancel school. Pour your hate on the proper people, the Superintendent's! They make those calls. It's people like BCV VofR who would be the first to sue if their kid got hurt on the way to school on a day like this!

Archived