Press Athlete of the year

Guest John Fox

Guest Broome County

My choices for the Press athelte of the year for 2012

1. Jim Johnson U.E. grad, Baltimore Orioles All Star and all time saves leader with 51 in a season

2. Chandler Jones U.E. grad first round draft pick of the Patriots having a good rookie season

3. Jon Jones U.E. grad UFC light heaveyweight champion

4. Arthur Jones U.E. grad and dt for Baltimore Ravens. 4 sacks as of this post

5. Jermey Baltz Vestal grad St Johns baseball drafted in second round( highest ever for baseball)

6. Gallagher M.E. QB and basketball player

7. Luis Aceta M.E. football and track

8. Nick Sorrenti M.E. football

9. KJ Rose BHS basketball player

10. Jimmy Gray former BHS grad and current BU basketball player

The only 2 are Jimmy Johnson and Jon Jones

The rest are good but do not even need to be in the same breath especially high school athletes and coaches

Think about it. You are talking about the Light Heavy weight champion of the world in MMA in Bones Jones and the 2012 Saves leader in Major League Baseball. I believe Bones Jones wins it. By the way, Both are from UE, the #1 school for professional sports players in Secftion IV. I am not talking about 70's 80's 90's either or minor leagues, so don't waste your time on that !!!!

The rest are good but do not even need to be in the same breath especially high school athletes and coaches

Think about it. You are talking about the Light Heavy weight champion of the world in MMA in Bones Jones and the 2012 Saves leader in Major League Baseball. I believe Bones Jones wins it. By the way, Both are from UE, the #1 school for professional sports players in Secftion IV. I am not talking about 70's 80's 90's either or minor leagues, so don't waste your time on that !!!!

U.E. is also the leader for all time D1 college sports and minor league sports. Don't forget Richie Karl won the BC Open.

Mike Orlovsky and Gus Lampo were on tv winning on the PBA tour.

I disagree with your pick of Bones over Chandler. Being a number 1 draft pick is huge. Nobody from this area has even come close to that. Besides, Bones won last year.

My choices for the Press athelte of the year for 2012

1. Jim Johnson U.E. grad, Baltimore Orioles All Star and all time saves leader with 51 in a season

2. Chandler Jones U.E. grad first round draft pick of the Patriots having a good rookie season

3. Jon Jones U.E. grad UFC light heaveyweight champion

4. Arthur Jones U.E. grad and dt for Baltimore Ravens. 4 sacks as of this post

5. Jermey Baltz Vestal grad St Johns baseball drafted in second round( highest ever for baseball)

6. Gallagher M.E. QB and basketball player

7. Luis Aceta M.E. football and track

8. Nick Sorrenti M.E. football

9. KJ Rose BHS basketball player

10. Jimmy Gray former BHS grad and current BU basketball player

Going into today's game Art Jones has 2 sacks, not 4.

http://www.baltimore...statistics.html

Guest Big Dog

U.E. is also the leader for all time D1 college sports and minor league sports. Don't forget Richie Karl won the BC Open.

Mike Orlovsky and Gus Lampo were on tv winning on the PBA tour.

I disagree with your pick of Bones over Chandler. Being a number 1 draft pick is huge. Nobody from this area has even come close to that. Besides, Bones won last year.

Then It is Jimmy Johnson. He wins 2012 saves leader. He accomplished a feat. Being pick #1 is for what he did in college. That feat was for the most part 2011. Though he has done well as a rookie but not enough to overcome the what JJ did this year in baseball.

Then It is Jimmy Johnson. He wins 2012 saves leader. He accomplished a feat. Being pick #1 is for what he did in college. That feat was for the most part 2011. Though he has done well as a rookie but not enough to overcome the what JJ did this year in baseball.

Not to mention Johnson performed what, over 50 times this season? Spent a few hours performing? Jon Jones spent more time up against a telephone pole than he did in the ring this year.

MMA, not a sport.

Guest wildcat nation

how do you not put D'Amigo in the conversation for a second consecutive???? LED his team to a Calder Cup Final, and yes LED. He led the team in post season scoring. They didn't win the Final but a great season for him. To not even mention him in this conversation is absolutely ridiculous!!!

how do you not put D'Amigo in the conversation for a second consecutive???? LED his team to a Calder Cup Final, and yes LED. He led the team in post season scoring. They didn't win the Final but a great season for him. To not even mention him in this conversation is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Never heard of him. What sport is this?

Never heard of him. What sport is this?

Oh, never mind. I missed the part about the Calder Cup. Kewel! Didn't know we had a local playing in that league. Yes then, he belongs in the discussion.

Going into today's game Art Jones has 2 sacks, not 4.

http://www.baltimore...statistics.html

Quoted post is mine.

Wow, how the heck can the OFFICIAL Ravens website be that far out of data? The feature article on Arthur in today's Press CLEARLY shows that the Ravens site is wrong.

Way to go Art! Way NOT to go Ravens website buffoons!

Kyle Dake is on the verge of winning an unprecedented 4th NCAA wrestling Championship (without a redshirt season)

Pretty impressive

What's that have to do with this thread?

Kyle Dake is on the verge of winning an unprecedented 4th NCAA wrestling Championship (without a redshirt season)

Pretty impressive

Yes, very impressive. However, I think they printed that nice article on him because he isn't going to be the Press Athlete of the Year. Same for A. Jones.

Yes, very impressive. However, I think they printed that nice article on him because he isn't going to be the Press Athlete of the Year. Same for A. Jones.

Dake CAN'T be the Press AOY. He's in Ithaca territory both as high school and college and could/would be the Ithaca Journal AOY.

If he went to high school in the Press area (like Nickerson was who then went to Cornell), then he'd be eligible.

Basically the Press AOY eligibilty rules are locally born & raised, or if not, playing for a local team like BCC, BU, B-Mets, B-Sens.

Guest John Fox

Dake CAN'T be the Press AOY. He's in Ithaca territory both as high school and college and could/would be the Ithaca Journal AOY.

If he went to high school in the Press area (like Nickerson was who then went to Cornell), then he'd be eligible.

Basically the Press AOY eligibilty rules are locally born & raised, or if not, playing for a local team like BCC, BU, B-Mets, B-Sens.

You never no what the lame blame press will do. They make up the eligibilty rules as they go. They will probably pick somebody not on any of these lists like some girls field hockey player from a Class D school.

You never no what the lame blame press will do. They make up the eligibilty rules as they go. They will probably pick somebody not on any of these lists like some girls field hockey player from a Class D school.

You are truly clueless, or bitter over some previous winner(s). Look over the past winners and you'll see the eligibilty has not changed. They all fall into what I mention above.

Guest John Fox

You are truly clueless, or bitter over some previous winner(s). Look over the past winners and you'll see the eligibilty has not changed. They all fall into what I mention above.

JOHNSON WINS the press got it right this year. They probably copied the OP who hit the top 10 list right on the mark.

Guest Big Dog

As I predicted.

Four sacks against NFL teams carries more weight then tackles against Owego and Johnson City.

Art keeps his 4 spot.

4 sacks in 16 games. Yeah, a real superstar at his level of play.

I know he's a very good football player, he's in the NFL for crying out loud. However he is not in the top 5 on this list. He's a bench-warmer at his new level. Heck, TEN ravens had more tackles than him today vs the Colts. He is 13th in tackles on the Ravens for this season.

But he is making about twelves times as much cash as I am in 2012, so more power to him!

Archived