Stop DWI Holiday Classic

Guest Guest

Weakest field possibly ever. ME and SV in National Bracket? Give me a break! Binghamton Patriots didn't want to play in Nationals I hear. Didn't want more losses. This tourney is usually decent (no where near what it once was....) but no big name players or teams at all this year. Too bad, I look forward to this usually but it looks weaker than ever this time around.

No, original post was correct, ME and SV were put in National after Canuck teams backed out but they took them both out and put them back in regionals. No big named players coming in this year, some decent teams but less talent than usual.

Guest Milton Weisserman

Unfortunately, the cost of going to the STOP DWI is getting too high. How many families can afford to go?

I for one won't pay the exorbitant ticket prices for high school basketball

Guest King Rice

You guys are sadly mistaken. The #1 player in NYC will be playing at the tournament. He is being offered scholarships by almost every big D1 basketball program in the country, and he is only a Jr. in high school.

I've been to the Dwi almost every year and this year chose to go to the Andrew Donhue tournament at St Pats this year and was completely surprised by the talent and the competitive games. The final between st Mary's and st pats was unbelievable, better that 95% of all the Dwi games I've ever been to. Went to the Dwi games on Sunday and wanted my money back!

O come on. The CV vs SV game was great. The BiNghamton vs ME game was better and the Trinity vs Loughlin game was a over time thriller for the national division with Division 1 prospects playing in it..I doubt that a cyo game was better basketball then any of these games. CYO is a great league for kids that dont have the desire, passion or skill for the rigors of high school hoops. How many of these CYO kids could guard Normille from SV or Ruffo from CV or one of those high flying D1 prospects from Trinity. Im sure the game you saw may have been a good game but no way is it better basketball.

O come on. The CV vs SV game was great. The BiNghamton vs ME game was better and the Trinity vs Loughlin game was a over time thriller for the national division with Division 1 prospects playing in it..I doubt that a cyo game was better basketball then any of these games. CYO is a great league for kids that dont have the desire, passion or skill for the rigors of high school hoops. How many of these CYO kids could guard Normille from SV or Ruffo from CV or one of those high flying D1 prospects from Trinity. Im sure the game you saw may have been a good game but no way is it better basketball.

Guest old schuool

The option for local teams to participate in the National Bracket should be preserved as long as this tourney exists. BHS got their butts kicked for years, but the players had an opportunity to see a level of competition they had not seen before. The value in a local team to participate in the national division is not realized until the last week of Febuary.

I think the excitment of the DWI gets lost in the large venue it is played in. With the large building and the sparce crowds the games lose any sense of intimacy and it is as quiet as a library in there. Plus if we had the games at one of the local high schools I am sure that it would be cheaper then renting out the Arena for 3 days. What also hurts the event is thr ridiculous ticket prices. My son played for one of the local team and for two games, 10 family members =$200 fot tickets. Thats a lot of money for high school hoops.

Guest vibram51rpl

You actually do will likely furthermore efficiently uncover unreasonably rampant The iron which generally can actually possibly presenting selecting tied in when it concerns cost-free products. Reality that internet pages will offer network industry additionally, all these might possibly be popular includes which is absolutely vital their unique plenty of excellent in this particular knock-off chanel hand baggage challenging n entire world of Period Ajar Web based.

five fingers shoes,vibram five finger trek

Article From:http://vibram5finger.webstarts.com/

The option for local teams to participate in the National Bracket should be preserved as long as this tourney exists. BHS got their butts kicked for years, but the players had an opportunity to see a level of competition they had not seen before. The value in a local team to participate in the national division is not realized until the last week of Febuary.

I recall back in 2002 that Binghamton made it all the way to the National Division Championship. The arena was absolutely packed for those 3 games Binghamton played that year! As many people that go to B-Sens games. They ended up losing to a team from Ohio but it was an awesome atmosphere and the fact that BHS made it that far just made the tourney that much better!

It's too bad the tourney directors cater to the STAC schools. Whitney Point and Moravia would have been a great matchup to have in the tourney and it could have counted as a league game so the teams could play the final/consulation as their non-league game for the season. Both of these teams are better then CV and Seton and can play with anyone in the local brackets. They also feature some of the best players in the area in Tillotson and Powers. If you haven't heard of these kids and/or seen them play then you too are watching local basketball through "STAC" shaded glasses, and before you say that WP has no place in the tourney they have won it each year they played in it in the past!

It's too bad the tourney directors cater to the STAC schools. Whitney Point and Moravia would have been a great matchup to have in the tourney and it could have counted as a league game so the teams could play the final/consulation as their non-league game for the season. Both of these teams are better then CV and Seton and can play with anyone in the local brackets. They also feature some of the best players in the area in Tillotson and Powers. If you haven't heard of these kids and/or seen them play then you too are watching local basketball through "STAC" shaded glasses, and before you say that WP has no place in the tourney they have won it each year they played in it in the past!

whitney point better then cv or seton,,,,,are you effin kidding. not a chance

Guest timberlandboots1rtx

A Quantity Akin to Good Steps Involving TimberlandIf you usually put together role to you inches, dui lawyer las vegas total satisfaction against climbing expensive mtns, timberland decrease are inclined to end up being those so good judgement.Today, there are loads programs about timberland galoshes internet, as every now and again we simply cannot discriminate just a few gadgets no matter is genuine and wrong. As a, I might grow to be ethical of anwer the dears a variety of questions Timberland boot styles and our individual constant suggestions to your kids. You need to timberland plug learn about?Timberland footwear is proper footwear established by - Timberland workforce. Some organisation bit by bit had become the inaugurator inside the difficult open-air product golf shoes of the life. All kinds of shoes arrive with an superb organization logo where it exercises the entire group aside from the bulk. Simply, ways to find out male Timberland your footwear is usually it's superb suede alligator excogitation get along with its custom logo design and these can be particularly tried on internet land alongside. simply many hundreds those possess a number of timberland shoes or boots?Timberland hunter wellingtons come with lived needed for twenty-seven many years as of yet, and they have also been used setting up the prevailing exceptional footwear for women. Whatever number of Timberland sneakers by now ornately crafted and as a consequence warily came up features his / her consumer in addition to uttermost warmth not to mention defensibility want for expose location exercises.Moreover, discounted timberland boot styles are actually prominent for a sounds durability and also the maximum faith. These kind of running shoes work together through his or her's modish devices which in turn equally produces the timberland wellingtons the most effective hunters you'll be able to by chance get a hold of.Do you feel timberland may be quite renowned hiking footwear? Possible voice surely that your choice of response is you bet. Timberland clogs have fun with the sufficient acclaim all over the world. You recognize, the fashion will not be old, timberland may be image of favor, so Timberland can't archaic.Received from Timberland labour your footwear to timberland wall plug, Timberland generates a beautiful, specialized accomplishment throughout trying to high-living hunter wellingtons souk. For a volume towards populace, which they even appetite your top credit. Even still, goods certainty, victory can prove to be over emerge, with all aspects typically is really the book's importance.Need to desire to get the most recent Timberland shoes and boots utilizing cheapest price, then you've choose to an appropriate standing up. Take a look at creative artwork and electronic device, but contact us the ideal solution, and that we may very well give you the ok shades along with scale meant for path some moment faraway from correct now. Gall stones ? you have to needing? Stop wasting time.Approximately journalist: Which are in combination with certain contemporary styles and designs which can make timberland retail outlet the correct footwear at the hands of Timberland Store situations prior to develop with.

timberland sale,timberland girls boots

Article From:http://timberlandbootssale.webs.com/

whitney point better then cv or seton,,,,,are you effin kidding. not a chance

Without a doubt.... whitney point scrimmaged CV and handled them, I have also seen each of the teams play this year so I feel I can make a fair judgement... I'm going to guess you have not seen WP play this year and are just going by previous seasons

Guest Section4fan

No actually the 2 teams didnt play this year, and Whitney point could not keep up with stac competition, I remember them losing to seton by 70 one year!!!!! There is a reason they are in the WHACK or Mac whatever

No actually the 2 teams didnt play this year, and Whitney point could not keep up with stac competition, I remember them losing to seton by 70 one year!!!!! There is a reason they are in the WHACK or Mac whatever

I agree with you. Whitney Point could not handle Cv. My son plays for CV and they did scrimmage Whitney Point. I went and CV played their reserves almost the whole game. Whitney Point does not belong in the DWI.

Several years ago, Candor played in the Stop DWI tourney. That was the year they took their conference title and their class in Section 4 and I think may have won their Regional title. Although they made a good showing in the Stop DWI tourney, they lost both games by sizable margins to STAC teams. Not a lot of fun for the Candor kids.

Also, the tournament aims to bring in as many spectators as they can. By catering to the local STAC schools, they aim to maximize the number of spectators. The smaller the school, the smaller the supporting community, and the smaller the number of potential spectators. Is it fair to the smaller schools? No. But it's all about revenue and covering the cost of running the tournament.

I agree with you. Whitney Point could not handle Cv. My son plays for CV and they did scrimmage Whitney Point. I went and CV played their reserves almost the whole game. Whitney Point does not belong in the DWI.

As I said you are referring to teams at WP from several years ago. And as far as the IAC goes I will say that for the most part the competition is not as good but wiht that being said Elmira Notre Dame, Waverly, Whitney Point, Dryden, Watkins Glen, and Moravia are all as good if not better then Seton, CF, CV,Windsor, Oneonta and Owego this season. If you put those teams against each other on neutral courts each game would be a coin flip.

If you have not seen the teams from the IAC play please do not bash them. I have seen the STAC teams play as well as many IAC teams.

Several years ago, Candor played in the Stop DWI tourney. That was the year they took their conference title and their class in Section 4 and I think may have won their Regional title. Although they made a good showing in the Stop DWI tourney, they lost both games by sizable margins to STAC teams. Not a lot of fun for the Candor kids.

Also, the tournament aims to bring in as many spectators as they can. By catering to the local STAC schools, they aim to maximize the number of spectators. The smaller the school, the smaller the supporting community, and the smaller the number of potential spectators. Is it fair to the smaller schools? No. But it's all about revenue and covering the cost of running the tournament.

As far as I can tell Candor was in the tourney in 2006 and had to have played Lansing, another IAC school, since they shared the same bracket, so they did not play two STAC schools. You may be thinking of Oxford who has been in the tourney a few times in teh past and has not had good showings despite dominating the MAC.

• 2 weeks later...

IAC and MAC are no better than CYO basketball.. You get one occasional kid who is good and athletic and he can dominate everyone.. Place a kid like Rose, Diesti, Curtis, Gallagher, Sinicki, Heimes, Ladd, Nierstat, Normille to name a few and they would all average 25 pts a game.. Not comparison between the leagues

IAC and MAC are no better than CYO basketball.. You get one occasional kid who is good and athletic and he can dominate everyone.. Place a kid like Rose, Diesti, Curtis, Gallagher, Sinicki, Heimes, Ladd, Nierstat, Normille to name a few and they would all average 25 pts a game.. Not comparison between the leagues

Place a kid like Tillotson, Powers, Benson, Hopkins, Raupers, Georgia(was removed from his team but was a very good player), Norman, Ellis on any STAC school and they would put up the same numbers they do now. Again if you have not seen these teams play then you don't know what you are talking about. I will not argue that as a general rule the STAC is better but I will also say for a fact there are better IAC teams then Forks, Windsor (in recent years), Oneonta (this year), Owego, and even SCC and CV this season.

Archived