Tell me why you need assault rifle

Guest stan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making numbers up in the past never helped your case, why do you think doing so now would change things?

You cowards like to imply that all gun owners are criminals or future criminals. Show me where my number isn't accurate or at least much more accurate than you care to admit. Like every other challenge, you are not up to an intelligent answer.

You cowards like to imply that all gun owners are criminals or future criminals. Show me where my number isn't accurate or at least much more accurate than you care to admit. Like every other challenge, you are not up to an intelligent answer.

Why should I help make a fool out of you? You do that all by yourself by making up numbers.

Why should I help make a fool out of you? You do that all by yourself by making up numbers.

Stiiiiiiiill nothing. You are more consistent than the sunrise.

85% of legal gun owners commit a crime at least once in their lifetime.

Are you sure of that number? i read it was 83.0135711302699067320091255632423324%

With rights come responsibility - that is the part gun nuts are missing.

Now you are confusing me! You and your sort continue to insist guns are the problem, yet now you infer it is the people possessing the guns that are the problem?

Maybe you would feel safer if you move to one of the Gun Free Zones?

Guest david goliath

A few thoughts from a sane, balanced person who does not have a stake in the gun debate:

First, for those comparing deaths caused by cars and deaths caused by guns, it's apples to oranges and there is no viable comparison. The automobile and the gun are designed for different uses, and comparing one to the other to make a point about guns being 'safe' is ludicrous.

Along that same concept, those who are saying 'guns don't kill people' true, people kill people, and when doing mass killings, they tend to use an assault rifle as a weapon of choice. The issue here is mass killings. It would certainly be harder to use a different tool or weapon other than an assault rifle or multiple 'guns' to do mass killings. You never (or rarely) ever hear of mass killings done by poison, or swords, or knives, etc.... mass killings are usually related to gun use (or bombs, but typically guns are used).

For those who are pushing the 'second ammendment' and the 'it is our right' - please understand how old the constituion is and what the right to bear arms was at the time it was written. There were no semi-automatic pistols or rifles at that time.

Before the pro-gun folk beat me up, please understand I am not against gun ownership. I fully support people's right to own arms, but it must make sense, and in no way does owning an assault rifle make sense. For those worried that only the criminals will have them, well, then it will be easy to identify criminal conduct when any assault type weapon is found.

You can not make a rational justification why your average citizen and/or home owner would need to own a semi-automatic assault type firearm. Keep trying, but throughout this discussion, I have yet to see one make a valid point. You can defend your home and property with a firearm, but it would be hard for a nut-case to go on a mas murdering spree with a six shooter, and much easier for bystanders to stop such a nut if he had to stop shooting and reload without being able to just keep the trigger down and unload.

Let's be real. Assault type rifles and handguns are designed for one purpose, to kill. Like it or not, that is what it is. Cars may kill people too (or irresponsible drivers in cars because we know inanimate objects do not kill people) but that is not what they are built to do, it is an unfortunate side effect whereas assault guns are purpose built for mass shooting/killing.

just some thoughts... enjoy.

Demolished? No. You refuse to accept anything that goes against your gun-ho 'government is out to get me' mentality. The poster made many valid points and your rebuttal is akin to something a 10 year old girl would give. Accept the fact that this is now law and sitting on here day and night complaining about it isn't going to change anything.

Guest david goliath

Here's another thought.... All of those points have been addressed and demolished. Go sit in the corner and put your pointy hat back on.

Brilliant response, well thought out and very articulate. You are right, you win. (at least, in your mind you do....)

A few thoughts from a sane, balanced person who does not have a stake in the gun debate:

First, for those comparing deaths caused by cars and deaths caused by guns, it's apples to oranges and there is no viable comparison. The automobile and the gun are designed for different uses, and comparing one to the other to make a point about guns being 'safe' is ludicrous.

Along that same concept, those who are saying 'guns don't kill people' true, people kill people, and when doing mass killings, they tend to use an assault rifle as a weapon of choice. The issue here is mass killings. It would certainly be harder to use a different tool or weapon other than an assault rifle or multiple 'guns' to do mass killings. You never (or rarely) ever hear of mass killings done by poison, or swords, or knives, etc.... mass killings are usually related to gun use (or bombs, but typically guns are used).

For those who are pushing the 'second ammendment' and the 'it is our right' - please understand how old the constituion is and what the right to bear arms was at the time it was written. There were no semi-automatic pistols or rifles at that time.

Before the pro-gun folk beat me up, please understand I am not against gun ownership. I fully support people's right to own arms, but it must make sense, and in no way does owning an assault rifle make sense. For those worried that only the criminals will have them, well, then it will be easy to identify criminal conduct when any assault type weapon is found.

You can not make a rational justification why your average citizen and/or home owner would need to own a semi-automatic assault type firearm. Keep trying, but throughout this discussion, I have yet to see one make a valid point. You can defend your home and property with a firearm, but it would be hard for a nut-case to go on a mas murdering spree with a six shooter, and much easier for bystanders to stop such a nut if he had to stop shooting and reload without being able to just keep the trigger down and unload.

Let's be real. Assault type rifles and handguns are designed for one purpose, to kill. Like it or not, that is what it is. Cars may kill people too (or irresponsible drivers in cars because we know inanimate objects do not kill people) but that is not what they are built to do, it is an unfortunate side effect whereas assault guns are purpose built for mass shooting/killing.

just some thoughts... enjoy.

You cannot give one good reason why a responsible average citizen shouldent have one.

It is very clear that nobody here can give an intelligent and reasoned argument for why a law abiding, responsible citizen should have further restrictions on their firearm ownership. There is no justification for it. It does not affect violent crime. It does not address criminals or people with mental health issues. Like it or not, the courts have ruled that it is an individual right. The 2 nd amendment's purpose is to prevent tyranny. That is clear from all historical documentation. You can complain that it is over 200 years old but it is as important now as it was then. Just like all the other amendments. The left can't separate their emotions from the horrible incident in sandy hook. They don't seem to have much of a grasp of history, including the last few decades. They ignore facts that don't support their position. I support background checks for every gun sale.i support better supervision and reporting of people with mental health issues who are dangerous. There seems to be a privacy issue with that that needs to be worked out. We had an "assault weapon" ban for ten years and even it's authors had to admit that it had no effect on crime. There is no point in doing it again though I am confident they will. Banning anything based on its appearance is the dumbest thing going. Obviously reason and facts won't sway those who have an irrational and unjustified fear of inanimate objects.

Archived