CYO ALLSTARS

Guest Guest

CYO Allstars games are this Saturday February 2nd at St Patricks gym on the west side. Girls Jv and varsity are 12:00 & 2:00pm and the boys Jv and varsity are at 6:00 & 8:00pm come watch some great kids play great basketball.

c'mon...girls CYO all-stars?...granted, a few of the boys cyo players could play for school but girls cyo is a JOKE without a punchline...I hope they dont break the backboards at St pats...

It's CYO basketball.. You could make an all star team of the CYO league and put them against half of section IV and they'd get demolished.. Please

Obviously you haven't seen many CYO games this year there is some real talent. I don't think they would beat Binghamton or ME but they could definitely hold their own against some of the other teams.

doubt it

I've seen all teams involved and without a doubt in my head St Pats not only would beat Seton but would dominate. The vestal game would be a little closer but not much....the Olsen kid running point for seton is borderline historical......

I've seen all teams involved and without a doubt in my head St Pats not only would beat Seton but would dominate. The vestal game would be a little closer but not much....the Olsen kid running point for seton is borderline historical......

dude,,,,,seton beat vestal....so your logic is??

dude,,,,,seton beat vestal....so your logic is??

sports is about matchups moron..... Elmira beat ME and ME beat Bing , so by your logic Elmira must be better than Binghamton. Some teams matchup better than other teams...... RETARD! I stand by my statement..... Seton couldn't keep it close with St Pats...... Pats is way too athletic and way too fast.... Period!

they why dont these all stars play high school ball if they are so talented???

2 of the kids on St pats didn't play summer ball for springer so he kinda gave them the hint to play CYO.

sports is about matchups moron..... Elmira beat ME and ME beat Bing , so by your logic Elmira must be better than Binghamton. Some teams matchup better than other teams...... RETARD! I stand by my statement..... Seton couldn't keep it close with St Pats...... Pats is way too athletic and way too fast.... Period!

whavever,,,and the purpose of cyo is to give parishionners a place to play ball...im sure all of these all stars are participating member of the st pats community....none of them are kids that dont have the determination to play high school sports..my son used to play for st catherines andwhat st pats,,,,year after yeard puts on th court is a joke,,,

my son is a 3 year starter in a quality varsity high school program moron,, you must be one of those hyporcrite catholics,,using one of the most offensive words in the english language...ive seen more summer league,,,AAU and high school games in the past season then you have you entire life,,dont talk to me about basketball being about matchup.........its about playing like a team,,cyo is a run and gun league

Or how about the REAL parishioners who sit the bench year after year so St Pat can bring in the ringesr from binghamton who arent good enough to play real basketball. but want to be heros at the cyo level. cyo is a joke

Guest PeteWeazer

Or how about the REAL parishioners who sit the bench year after year so St Pat can bring in the ringesr from binghamton who arent good enough to play real basketball. but want to be heros at the cyo level. cyo is a joke

why does antone say st pats is so good? who is on the team? any names?

Guest Sparent28

Honestly seton would eat up at pats. Their d is way too intense and all the would have to do is stop 2 players. Not to mention at pats has a kid who was in scc program and didn't see a minute of pt. Wonder why he's playing cyo. Come on

Let's be realistic here seton would beat st. Patricks

Honestly seton would eat up at pats. Their d is way too intense and all the would have to do is stop 2 players. Not to mention at pats has a kid who was in scc program and didn't see a minute of pt. Wonder why he's playing cyo. Come on

Let's be realistic here seton would beat st. Patricks

I am not a seton or siniki fan but i have to agree. my son plays for cv, my older son played cyo a few years ago and the biggest difference between cyo and high school is depth and defensive pressure. Most cyo teams have one or 2 kids that could see playing time at the high school level,,,,but they decide to play cyo so they can score 20 a game. cyo is a good league with some good players sprinkled in but people who think they could beat stac teams are wrong. Stac teams are working together 5 or 6 days a week since october and alo of them play together in summer leagues.

I am not a seton or siniki fan but i have to agree. my son plays for cv, my older son played cyo a few years ago and the biggest difference between cyo and high school is depth and defensive pressure. Most cyo teams have one or 2 kids that could see playing time at the high school level,,,,but they decide to play cyo so they can score 20 a game. cyo is a good league with some good players sprinkled in but people who think they could beat stac teams are wrong. Stac teams are working together 5 or 6 days a week since october and alo of them play together in summer leagues.

I know of at least two CYO players who could have easily made the school team but because of their situation at home they had to take on jobs forcing them to miss even CYO games let alone making a commitment to a school team.

I know of at least two CYO players who could have easily made the school team but because of their situation at home they had to take on jobs forcing them to miss even CYO games let alone making a commitment to a school team.

ok, i understand that..but a small group of unfortunate teens in that awful situation does not make up the fact that cyo,,,,is not stac,,nor could they beat stac teams. I understand there maybe be a couple of cyo players who could be contributing high school players. That does not mean St. Pats could beat a seton or a vestal

Guest THE MAN

CYO is far from a Joke.... SOME of these kids are more talented than kids on local high school teams. Plus there are coaches who actually put work in with the kids and teach them team hard work and fundementals. So know your stuff before you say all CYO is a run and gun league

Guest phhhssshhh

CYO is far from a Joke.... SOME of these kids are more talented than kids on local high school teams. Plus there are coaches who actually put work in with the kids and teach them team hard work and fundementals. So know your stuff before you say all CYO is a run and gun league

never said it was a joke. but dont think for one minute that cyo teams could beat stac teams. it just isnt true. Of course there are "some kids" that could contribute at the high school level.....but for whatever reasons the wanna be cyo stars, the big fish in the small pond so to speak. the weaker stac teams,,,,seton,,,cv,, etc would dominate all the cyo teams

Archived