High School Baseball Quickly Approaching

Guest Guest

let them empty their pockets and when their son goes to college and can't cut it....they will being saying,,,,gee i spent alot of money for nothing......

Here we go again with the "You will never amount to anything" sports speech. I'm not from Vestal, but our team also does some preseason unofficial workouts. Parents support it and the kids love it. If it helps them during the season, great. After the season is over, they all move on to whatever is next. I guarantee you none of the players think they are going pro.

Here we go again with the "You will never amount to anything" sports speech. I'm not from Vestal, but our team also does some preseason unofficial workouts. Parents support it and the kids love it. If it helps them during the season, great. After the season is over, they all move on to whatever is next. I guarantee you none of the players think they are going pro.
No...their parents think they are going pro......

OK - then stop giving the speech to the kids and telling them they will never amount to anything.
Great attitude.....I feel sorry for your kids.......

I guess I'm missing something here. I said: Here we go again with the "You will never amount to anything" sports speech.

You feel sorry for my kids because I tell them to be the best they can be? And not to tell them they will be failures? My son will be probably be all conference this year (if he performs) and you are telling me to tell him he is stupid and will never amount to anything? Sorry, but I have no grand illusion of him going pro, neither does he. But I WILL NOT be unsupportive. It's called being a Parent.....

I guess I'm missing something here. I said: Here we go again with the "You will never amount to anything" sports speech.

You feel sorry for my kids because I tell them to be the best they can be? And not to tell them they will be failures? My son will be probably be all conference this year (if he performs) and you are telling me to tell him he is stupid and will never amount to anything? Sorry, but I have no grand illusion of him going pro, neither does he. But I WILL NOT be unsupportive. It's called being a Parent.....

You are really messed up.....get a grip.....what in the heck kind of warp mind do you have.....you talk in circles....wow!!!.......i wouldn't call that is parenting...i call that messing up a kids head parenting....

OK - let me be very clear. The original "You will never amount to anything" sports speech" references all the parents who said football players are just stupid jocks and will work for Burt Adams when they are done with HS.

let them empty their pockets and when their son goes to college and can't cut it....they will being saying,,,,gee i spent alot of money for nothing

I personally disagree with this and believe just as many football players are intelligent as in any other sport.

To give that speech to kids is a disgrace. If you believe that telling kids they will never amount to much more than garbage collectors is the right thing to do, we can agree to disagree. I personally tell my children they can be whatever they put their minds into doing, as long as they have the ability and desire. If that makes me a bad parent, so be it.

DELETED all of you parents and people complaining...the fact is CV has the best talent in stac, you cant argue, well becuase you're wrong if you think otherwise....DELETED

alright everybody is dumb vestals coach is NOT sending anyone anywhere, there are 5 kids on the syracuse sportszone travel team, a team in which you must be invited to play on stop saying vestals trying to get an upper hand by having "team practices" its 5 individual players practicing for the travel team nothing more

Guest The black dude
alright everybody is dumb vestals coach is NOT sending anyone anywhere, there are 5 kids on the syracuse sportszone travel team, a team in which you must be invited to play on stop saying vestals trying to get an upper hand by having "team practices" its 5 individual players practicing for the travel team nothing more

Not Allowed Vestal and those spoiled crackers

Guest The black dude

screw Vestal and those spoiled crackers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
screw Vestal and those spoiled crackers

I believe the original posting asked how we all thought baseball would turn out for 2008 season. It didn't ask who we could cut down the hardest. Personally I cannot wait till ALL spring sports start because then we can ALL stay off of this unforgiving site and enjoy the weather. Man just give your prediction and get off, stop trashing everyone...seriously.

Guest guest

you mean the SPARENTS cause most of the problems......and the coach has no backbone to stop listening (shall we list them).......

No you don't have to we all know that all these parents think there kid is the star and if the coach doesn't play them he will take the heat. My kids the best ,my kids the best blah blah blah.... typical ME crap....................No wonder these kids have false ideas of who they are the parents are crazy!

Archived