BU WRESTLING COACH ARRESTED

Guest guest

Guest guest

If most of us were arrested on a business we would be fired. Let alone some one that our kids look up to. What a big embarasing disappointment. Youre right we need a good coach.

If most of us were arrested on a business we would be fired. Let alone some one that our kids look up to. What a big embarasing disappointment. Youre right we need a good coach.

To be honest, with him being a first year coach there, I AM surprised he was not canned.

However, in the sports world you can be accused of and be guilty of murder in the eyes of many and keep your job. (think Ray Lewis). So I am surprised, not shocked.

Guest Guest

Give the guy a break. He had a few too many. I'm sure he's not proud of it. You can't compare him to the basketball coach because he did't break any NCAA regulations. He has recruited some big name freshman for next year so let's see how the team perfoms in a couple of years. I don't think he was the right hire for BU but he's here now so lets make the best of it.

Guest Guest

He wasn't driving, to his credit. Give the guy a friggin break.

If he had any respect for the program he wouldn't have let it get to the point that it did, especially as a first year coach. I don't care how good he is at recruiting BU is trying to build a reputation and I don't think this coach aligns with it. They should start looking elsewhere.

Guest Guest

Give the guy a break. He had a few too many. I'm sure he's not proud of it. You can't compare him to the basketball coach because he did't break any NCAA regulations. He has recruited some big name freshman for next year so let's see how the team perfoms in a couple of years. I don't think he was the right hire for BU but he's here now so lets make the best of it.

He has recruited some decent NY guys but no "big name"

Cut your losses, get rid of him and bring in a guy with some sense of the program, not a former PSU assistant who can't hold his liquor

Guest guest

Makes you wonder why he left his other two jobs. Especially Clarion after a year. I bet he was problemed there too. Wish we could find out some how.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

He wasn't driving, to his credit. Give the guy a friggin break.

No one said he got a WUI (Walking under the influence) citation.

He got ticketed for pissing in public outside the bar he got sloshed in following a dismal performance.

To get caught doing that as a coach is unacceptable by any school's standards.

Let alone the fact he should have been in his room crying in his beer instead contimplating where his kids went wrong.

Guest Guest

Buffalo just fired thier coach and put all recruiting on hold indefinately. The inside story is that they will eliminate the program entirely this summer.

Binghamton can do the same thing and blame it on the coach. This would allow them to pour more money into the toilet bowl they call BU Basketball. The locals

eat it up despite consistently terrible performances. Maybe if they spend enough money this year we could get to 3 or 4 wins next year. We could also use any extra money saved to pay for security on campus and at at Walmart in Vestal.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

http://www.wbng.com/sports/BU-wrestling-coach-arrested-following-NCAA-Tournament-200304311.html

Very sad day for BU wrestling as they had a very good team last year. Its now being destroyed.

Destroyed? This story will earn him points when trying to recruit kids. Who doesn't want a quality education and a free scholarship to a D-1 school for a coach who likes to party? Next year will be a great recruiting class for him!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Destroyed? This story will earn him points when trying to recruit kids. Who doesn't want a quality education and a free scholarship to a D-1 school for a coach who likes to party? Next year will be a great recruiting class for him!

early word is very few good NY kids with BU on radar. overspent on mediocre kids last year. embarassing performance and arrest at NCAA. not good

Guest Guest

early word is very few good NY kids with BU on radar. overspent on mediocre kids last year. embarassing performance and arrest at NCAA. not good

add to it drug testing snafus that came up positive for 7 plus current athletes.

tough to be good when you're losing kids to distraction, especially at a school like BU.

Guest Guest

add to it drug testing snafus that came up positive for 7 plus current athletes.

tough to be good when you're losing kids to distraction, especially at a school like BU.

THAT'S BS. NO ONE TESTED POSITIVE IN DRUG TESTING!!

Guest Guest

THAT'S BS. NO ONE TESTED POSITIVE IN DRUG TESTING!!

During the second week of April, there were 5 confirmed failed drug tests.

Marijuana.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived