The Dean of Cheerleading

Guest bucky hoyt

Funny as it is your name "Hoyt" is a created member of the Windsor community. Seems like you know this and are personally attacking a member of the cheerleading squad.

Get a life and leave Miss Hoyt alone...

when are people going to grow up and realize that cheerleading is a sport? it may not look like theyre doing much at games, but i can garauntee they work just as hard (if not harder) then any other sport.

Guest Seton_Fan_#1
when are people going to grow up and realize that cheerleading is a sport? it may not look like theyre doing much at games, but i can garauntee they work just as hard (if not harder) then any other sport.

CHEERLEADING IS AND NEVER WILL BE A SPORT!!! They do nothing at games and they never will! They yell go team which is pretty dumb. FAN CLUBS ARE MORE ATHLETIC AND MORE WORTHY OF BEING CALLED A SPORT THAN CHEERLEADING!! So to all the cheerleaders out there who think what you do i a sport its not, and do me a favor stop cheerleading because it is a disgrace to yourself. And to the person who i quoted, YOU ARE WRONG!!! Cheerleading will never be considered a sport, at best an activity. And your garauntee is WRONG THEY DO NOT WORK HARD AT ALL!!! SO YOU MY FREIND ARE WRONG!!

CHEERLEADING IS AND NEVER WILL BE A SPORT!!! They do nothing at games and they never will! They yell go team which is pretty dumb. FAN CLUBS ARE MORE ATHLETIC AND MORE WORTHY OF BEING CALLED A SPORT THAN CHEERLEADING!! So to all the cheerleaders out there who think what you do i a sport its not, and do me a favor stop cheerleading because it is a disgrace to yourself. And to the person who i quoted, YOU ARE WRONG!!! Cheerleading will never be considered a sport, at best an activity. And your garauntee is WRONG THEY DO NOT WORK HARD AT ALL!!! SO YOU MY FREIND ARE WRONG!!

Oh yeah? Well, my cheerleader daughter could pick up your sorry fatt DELETED and toss you 6 yards above her head, catch you and place you gently on the floor. (Then slam your DELETED for being a loser). Can YOU do that???

GO CHEERLEADERS~ Good luck at competition Sunday!

Interesting... my daughter cheers, and she is also in two other school sports during the school year. She tells me constantly that cheerleading is THE MOST PHYSICALLY DEMANDING of all three. She is always in the best shape ever after cheerleading season. She has also incurred the most injuries in cheerleading, it's tough, and dangerous. They train in regular after-school practice, and most squads also work out at local places like One Up Fitness and Aero Gymnastics, where, by the way, they kick butt against other kids that train there for other sports.

Here's some food for thought, a football player tried out for the basketball cheering squad. He quit halfway through tryouts, he couldn't handle it!!! But, that's not fair... you can be a fat lazy slob and play football, it's all about weight.

Some things that should be talked about on a SPORTS forum:

-Cheerleading

-NASCAR

-Junior Varsity Sports

-Women's Sports (which would include cheerleading)

Scratch that...should NOT be talked about on a sports forum...

Guest ex-player
Interesting... my daughter cheers, and she is also in two other school sports during the school year. She tells me constantly that cheerleading is THE MOST PHYSICALLY DEMANDING of all three. She is always in the best shape ever after cheerleading season. She has also incurred the most injuries in cheerleading, it's tough, and dangerous. They train in regular after-school practice, and most squads also work out at local places like One Up Fitness and Aero Gymnastics, where, by the way, they kick butt against other kids that train there for other sports.

Here's some food for thought, a football player tried out for the basketball cheering squad. He quit halfway through tryouts, he couldn't handle it!!! But, that's not fair... you can be a fat lazy slob and play football, it's all about weight.

i agree that cheerleading is very physically demanding, but don't say fat slobs can play football. you have no clue what you are talking about.

Webster's dictionary defines a sport as "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature". cheerleading requires more skill then ANY other sport. ANY one of them. i did 3 sports a year, one of which was cross country, where i ran at the least 7 miles a day. and i was also a cheerleader. CHEERLEADING required more physical activity and more talent then any sport i have ever done. and as far as competition, my team went to a competition with 247 teams in it. yes, two hundred and forty seven. and we won the whole thing. so stick that in your pipe and smoke it pal :)

Guest ex-player
Webster's dictionary defines a sport as "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature". cheerleading requires more skill then ANY other sport. ANY one of them. i did 3 sports a year, one of which was cross country, where i ran at the least 7 miles a day. and i was also a cheerleader. CHEERLEADING required more physical activity and more talent then any sport i have ever done. and as far as competition, my team went to a competition with 247 teams in it. yes, two hundred and forty seven. and we won the whole thing. so stick that in your pipe and smoke it pal :)

boy, you sound like a real sweetheart. i defended you. so, just to let you know, cross country is not a sport either. it's for people that can't do any other sports. how many competitions of cheerleading per year were you in? 1 or 2? i was with you at first, but now you've lost your mind. you know when you have to use webster's dictionary to plead your case, you're in trouble. i'll pass on the smoke. i don't smoke skunk weed anymore.

Not only have you proven cheerleading is NOT a sport in this post, you proved that some of them are idiots too. If cheerleading was so great, why didn't you cheer for football in the fall instead of running cross country?

You state that you ran cross country too? LOL...let me guess, your third sport was ping pong? lol...

Guest Cheerleader hater

HAHA YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. An athletic activity... cheerleading is anything but that. It is a activity for girls that involves yelling and screaming which is what fan clubs do. OK AND FOR YOU TO SAY CHEERELWADING IS MORE PHYSICALLY DEMANDING THAN ANY OTHER SPORT YOU ARE WRONG. OBVIOUSLY YOUR SPORTS WERE LIKE PING PING OR WATER BALLON TOSSING... AND CHEERELEADING DOESNT REQUIRE TALENT ANYONE CAN RUN AND YELL AND SCREAM LOOK AT FAN CLUBS. THEY DO MORE THAN THE CHEERLEADERS SO FAN CLUB MUST BE A SPORT TO BECASUE THEY DO EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS AS CHEERLEADING. AND TO ADD 247 WERE ARE YOU SURE YOURE NOT COUNTING GIRL INSTEAD OF TEAMS AND IF YOU ARE COUNTING TEAMS THEN WERE THERE 247 PEE WEE TEAMS!! SO YOU MY FREIND NEED TO GET A LIFE AND STOP WASTING IT ON CHEERLEADING BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG... SO STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT YOU DELETED!

for those of you saying my 3rd sport was ping pong, GROW UP. my 3rd sport was lacrosse, not that i need to defend myself. people on this stupid site need to stop being so ignorant. especially the idiot who said jv sports werent real sports and shouldnt be talked about. what kind of statement is that? where do you think the varsity players came from? hello? jv's do the same exact thing as varsity and some jv teams are better then VARSITY. how about all of you GROWN ADULTS stop revolving your lives around high school sports, or atleast ackowledge every athlete and team instead of criticizing them. every athlete believes what they are doing is important, even CHEERLEADERS, so who are you to judge that? it is not your job to put them down just because you feel that they are not worthy of your praise. well guess what! none of them need it.

and ex-player, i wasnt talking to you in my last post. sorry you felt that i was.

Guest ex-player
for those of you saying my 3rd sport was ping pong, GROW UP. my 3rd sport was lacrosse, not that i need to defend myself. people on this stupid site need to stop being so ignorant. especially the idiot who said jv sports werent real sports and shouldnt be talked about. what kind of statement is that? where do you think the varsity players came from? hello? jv's do the same exact thing as varsity and some jv teams are better then VARSITY. how about all of you GROWN ADULTS stop revolving your lives around high school sports, or atleast ackowledge every athlete and team instead of criticizing them. every athlete believes what they are doing is important, even CHEERLEADERS, so who are you to judge that? it is not your job to put them down just because you feel that they are not worthy of your praise. well guess what! none of them need it.

and ex-player, i wasnt talking to you in my last post. sorry you felt that i was.

although i have suffered severe emotional trauma, i accept your apology. i think with heavy medication i will make it.

to everyone else, cheerleading suffers from the fact that it is different than other sports. other than annual competitions, there are no won and loss records. but i played 2 sports in school that had cheerleaders, and i can tell you i was a good athlete, but i wouldn't even have considered trying to do what they did. it is very physically demanding and requires intense daily training. in fact, it can be very dangerous if the timing is off just a tad. so, if you want to get into semantics you could argue the point, but most people are not athletically talented enough to cheerlead.

CHEERLEADING NOT A SPORT:

Cheerleading is not a non-sport because it’s typically for neurotic blondes with disorders of both the eating and attention deficit variety (although it is); it’s a nonsport because there’s no on-the-fly competition.

Athleticism, preparation, and fitness, while commendable, do not a sport make. Saying that physical difficulty defines sport means that I could make climbing the stairs while drunk a sport, since that requires a far more taxing effort than table tennis — which is, of course, a sport.

In order to be a sport, an activity must fulfill only two major criteria. First, it must be, on some level, physically active. Second, and more importantly, it must be the immediate, reactive physical implementation of a strategy designed to beat an opponent.

Guest ex-player
CHEERLEADING NOT A SPORT:

Cheerleading is not a non-sport because it’s typically for neurotic blondes with disorders of both the eating and attention deficit variety (although it is); it’s a nonsport because there’s no on-the-fly competition.

Athleticism, preparation, and fitness, while commendable, do not a sport make. Saying that physical difficulty defines sport means that I could make climbing the stairs while drunk a sport, since that requires a far more taxing effort than table tennis — which is, of course, a sport.

In order to be a sport, an activity must fulfill only two major criteria. First, it must be, on some level, physically active. Second, and more importantly, it must be the immediate, reactive physical implementation of a strategy designed to beat an opponent.

excellent point. cheerleading is athletic, but is choreographed with no opponent. that disqualifies it from being a sport, but i think they should get more respect for the athleticism it requires.

Guest Cheerleader hater

Ok i will give people that it does take some physical fitness, but not enough to be considered a sport. In order to be considered a sport there must be some mental aspect to it, which i am happy to say there is not. Someone metioned that football is for fat lazy slobs, i can personally say that is not true. I was the starting wide reciver for my school and in order to be a starting wide out you need to be in shape, not lazy, meantally focused and motivated, and not a fat slob. That is a common misconception that football players are lazy and fat but that is not true let me tell you. If you think cheerleading is a sport try having double practices in the august heat. Cheerleading might be diffucult but it does not deserve to be called a sport. It may be physical but compared to all other sports it has not spot. There is no win/ lose column there is only lets motivate our team which the fan clubs do better.

Guest bcreader

I have two daughters that cheerlead, and they practice twice a week for games and a competition. For the competition they need to learn a 3 minute routine. Now they are only young but this requires a lot of time, skill, memorization, and being fit. Now tell me what a football player has to do to play games? To me it seems they would need to put in time for the practice, memoriztion of the plays that will be run during the game, and being fit to be able to run on the field. Now if that is a sport than cheerleading falls under that same category. I have also been to High School Cheerleading competitions and you can tell that they work their butts off to be the best. Maybe you people who are saying that it isn't a sport should check out the competitions twice a year at the arena and judge for yourself and if you still think it isn't a sport than go up to the coach and tell her/him that.

OK OK! If cheerleading is a sport it should require the same protective equipment as other sports like football and lacrosse. The girls on top of pyraminds should be mandated to wear helmets like football players for protectection from falls.

I have two daughters that cheerlead, and they practice twice a week for games and a competition. For the competition they need to learn a 3 minute routine. Now they are only young but this requires a lot of time, skill, memorization, and being fit. Now tell me what a football player has to do to play games? To me it seems they would need to put in time for the practice, memoriztion of the plays that will be run during the game, and being fit to be able to run on the field. Now if that is a sport than cheerleading falls under that same category. I have also been to High School Cheerleading competitions and you can tell that they work their butts off to be the best. Maybe you people who are saying that it isn't a sport should check out the competitions twice a year at the arena and judge for yourself and if you still think it isn't a sport than go up to the coach and tell her/him that.

For your information i go to both of the STAC cheerleading competitions an i see them. I would gladly go up to a coach and tell them that what they do isn't a sport. I tell cheerleaders all the time what they do isn't a sport so i would have no problem going up to a caoch and saying that. Being fit for competion is nothing, since you have been to the cheerleading competitions you know that there are girls out there who are far from fit and still cheer so that part about being fit is not true. Memoriztion, ok so it does but that doesnt mean it is a sport, and last but not least skill. CHEERLEADING TAKES NO SKILL, ANYONE CAN RUN AROUND YELLING "GO TEAM". As i have said before fan clubs cheer for their teams more than cheerleaders. So yes I have been to the STAC competitions and i plan on going tomm. To any coach that reads this CHEERLEADING IS NOT A SPORT!

None of this brings forth a good argument that cheerleading is a sport.

Archived