The Dean of Cheerleading

Guest bucky hoyt

Guest Zleighton

Cheerleading is simply a perfomance. Sure they prepare and arguably do some dangerous things but it is by no means a sport. Thats like saying a play or a concert is a sport if they do something acrobatic in them. This is rediculous, cheerleading would never be a sport, good try though.

I cannot believe this string. Football and cheerleading both require the same mental stamina, athleticism, practice and skill. To argue about whether or not it is a sport is ludicrous. No matter where you look , you will find teams of varying caliber - unfit squads or highly fit squads in both football or cheering.

I cannot believe this string. Football and cheerleading both require the same mental stamina, athleticism, practice and skill. To argue about whether or not it is a sport is ludicrous. No matter where you look , you will find teams of varying caliber - unfit squads or highly fit squads in both football or cheering.

haha...this may be the most absurd post yet...

Guest guest hater
OK OK! If cheerleading is a sport it should require the same protective equipment as other sports like football and lacrosse. The girls on top of pyraminds should be mandated to wear helmets like football players for protectection from falls.

That's what the mats are for .....silly!

to every idiot that put a post on this topic that thinks cheering is a sport the NEW YORK STATE PUBLIC ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION does not recognize cheerleading as an interscholastic sport. if they say it is not as our governing body then its not a sport in high school. enough said.

Guest cheerleader hater
to every idiot that put a post on this topic that thinks cheering is a sport the NEW YORK STATE PUBLIC ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION does not recognize cheerleading as an interscholastic sport. if they say it is not as our governing body then its not a sport in high school. enough said.

THAK YOU!! FINALLY PROOF THAT NO ONE CAN DISPUTE

• 2 weeks later...

No STAC doesnt... they have the competition so parents don't complain. Cheerleading always has, is, and always will be joke and never anything more including a sport

actually you moron, STAC does recognize cheerleading as a sport. just because you and/or your daughter got cut from the team or the cheerleaders were mean to you in high school doesnt mean you have to bash it. grow up and stop being so ignorant.

You know what i find interesting about cheerleading...when watching the competition at the arena i thought of something..yes you can tell which teams did generally good/bad but as far as score goes..it all comes down to a matter of opinion. In soccer, when you score a goal, you score a goal. In football when you make a touchdown you make a touchdown. In cross country, when you come across the finish line in 15th place, that's the place you come in. In cheerleading, one judge might think that one team's jumps where better than another, or that someone's routine was cleaner than anothers...there's no set standards..it's what the judge thinks..

Gee, that's funny, the banner that was prominently displayed at the Broome County Arena a few Sunday's ago said '2008 STAC Cheerleading Competition'.... hmmm.... not recognized by STAC......   WRONG!!Also, my non-sport cheerleader daughter will be receiving her VARSITY LETTER for her non-sport this week.  And by the way, she's a beautiful blonde, and is also in the top 10 in her graduating class.  Several of the girls in her advanced classes cheer with her too.  I don't see any of the football players in her classes though, well, maybe one... out of ... what are there, maybe 60 boys on a football team?

Interesting... my daughter cheers, and she is also in two other school sports during the school year. She tells me constantly that cheerleading is THE MOST PHYSICALLY DEMANDING of all three. She is always in the best shape ever after cheerleading season. She has also incurred the most injuries in cheerleading, it's tough, and dangerous. They train in regular after-school practice, and most squads also work out at local places like One Up Fitness and Aero Gymnastics, where, by the way, they kick butt against other kids that train there for other sports.

Here's some food for thought, a football player tried out for the basketball cheering squad. He quit halfway through tryouts, he couldn't handle it!!! But, that's not fair... you can be a fat lazy slob and play football, it's all about weight.

Most would agree that cheerleading can be "physically demanding", however that doesn't make it a "sport". I work construction which is physically demanding, but it's not a sport.

Gee, that's funny, the banner that was prominently displayed at the Broome County Arena a few Sunday's ago said '2008 STAC Cheerleading Competition'.... hmmm.... not recognized by STAC......   WRONG!!Also, my non-sport cheerleader daughter will be receiving her VARSITY LETTER for her non-sport this week.  And by the way, she's a beautiful blonde, and is also in the top 10 in her graduating class.  Several of the girls in her advanced classes cheer with her too.  I don't see any of the football players in her classes though, well, maybe one... out of ... what are there, maybe 60 boys on a football team?

Maybe once our mixed up society starts treating math and science club members as the true mental athletes that they are, then there may be a more equal amount of male athletes in the top ten of their classes.

Guest guest
For your information i go to both of the STAC cheerleading competitions an i see them. I would gladly go up to a coach and tell them that what they do isn't a sport. I tell cheerleaders all the time what they do isn't a sport so i would have no problem going up to a caoch and saying that. Being fit for competion is nothing, since you have been to the cheerleading competitions you know that there are girls out there who are far from fit and still cheer so that part about being fit is not true. Memoriztion, ok so it does but that doesnt mean it is a sport, and last but not least skill. CHEERLEADING TAKES NO SKILL, ANYONE CAN RUN AROUND YELLING "GO TEAM". As i have said before fan clubs cheer for their teams more than cheerleaders. So yes I have been to the STAC competitions and i plan on going tomm. To any coach that reads this CHEERLEADING IS NOT A SPORT!

WOW you are an angry person...LOL. You can settle down now, it's really okay and we get your point. So why do you go to STAC if you really feel this way; just asking?

Guest Guest

Did they REALLLLLY!!!????? That's AWESOME!!!!! Way to go, CV, from your friends at M-E! Hey, what other local squads were there? Any, and how did they do?

Guest guest

Cv had to move up a class as the other B class schools pulled out - weather was bad up there. So, they competed with four A class schools and won! They also got the stunt trophy and choreography trophy. They had the highest score of the DAY - over more than 40 teams including colleges (Buf state, Geneseo, etc). The Ithaca College team won the college division - we had a great time with them. More teams from around here should go to the comp. They had no idea who CV was and our girls actually had FUN at this comp - it was just pure competition without the huge and sometimes nasty rivalries in STAC.

Guest guest
For your information i go to both of the STAC cheerleading competitions an i see them. I would gladly go up to a coach and tell them that what they do isn't a sport. I tell cheerleaders all the time what they do isn't a sport so i would have no problem going up to a caoch and saying that. Being fit for competion is nothing, since you have been to the cheerleading competitions you know that there are girls out there who are far from fit and still cheer so that part about being fit is not true. Memoriztion, ok so it does but that doesnt mean it is a sport, and last but not least skill. CHEERLEADING TAKES NO SKILL, ANYONE CAN RUN AROUND YELLING "GO TEAM". As i have said before fan clubs cheer for their teams more than cheerleaders. So yes I have been to the STAC competitions and i plan on going tomm. To any coach that reads this CHEERLEADING IS NOT A SPORT!

Okay i'd like to see you.. ya fat body go and flip yourslef around like these girls do while yelling and doing moves. Umm what do football players do?? Okay okay huddle up. " now does everyone know where they're going" "alright good" "1-2-3 TEAM" (walk on to the field) Take your posistions. play about ehh maybe a minute of running (whistle blows) aright Good job bring it in...huddle again..take the field.. Assume everyone knows where they're going because gotta take some risk it might be a different play this time! ohh no boys. dont mess up!

Guest Guest
Oh yeah? Well, my cheerleader daughter could pick up your sorry fatt DELETED and toss you 6 yards above her head, catch you and place you gently on the floor. (Then slam your DELETED for being a loser). Can YOU do that???

GO CHEERLEADERS~ Good luck at competition Sunday!

lol. sorry to carry over the fan club conversation but PARENTS are the problem - where do you think our children learn it. I really hope this was a child posing as a parent, but I doubt it. Come on people.

Archived