Almost Sunday Morning

Guest Guest

It is almost Sunday morning and the big question is not who will sin the Daytona 500, but what time will I get my Sunday MORNING newspaper. Last week it did not get delivered until after one in the afternoon. Is that what the P&SB call good customer service or should I be thankful I got it at all since they are the only show in town. Since the new printing plant opened the service has sucked.

Seriously, everybody on here is sorry that they fired you, but let it go already. You do this every week. Christ, it's not even 7 o'clock on Saturday morning and you're already complaining that your Sunday paper is late! Go to the store and buy one like I do.

Guest Complainer's Wife
Seriously, everybody on here is sorry that they fired you, but let it go already. You do this every week. Christ, it's not even 7 o'clock on Saturday morning and you're already complaining that your Sunday paper is late! Go to the store and buy one like I do.

Oh, no...not from Sleepless! You are one of my favorite contributors to this site, and usually offer a no-nonsense comment which I agree with whole-heartedly. But, this time, it's my husband you're replying to, so I have to stand up for him. He's never written about this problem before -- but, nice to know someone else out there agrees! -- and he realizes it isn't a "big problem" in the grand scheme of things.

Sleepless, my husband works six days a week. Sunday is the only day he can read the paper and relax. Yes, he can go buy one (and probably will be doing that). MY gripe in this whole thing is that the computer has pretty much replaced the newspaper for me (and a lot of people), so I don't understand why the P&SB doesn't try just a bit harder.

You talk a lot about the good old days -- along with your pets, an endearing quality -- well, the newspaper is one of my good memories. Kids delivered it, their parents backing them up, and if you had a complaint, they corrected it. They wanted -- needed -- those tips from all of us. And we gave them!

So, I'll tell my husband your suggestion makes sense. We'll cancel the delivery that we rarely get, and just "pick one up." It was just a luxury that we appreciated at one time. I should add that he's never worked for the Press, other than delivering it when he was a kid.

Keep writing about your dogs; my daughter is a proud member of the ASPCA, and the proud mother of an entertaining miniature American Eskimo and a gentle Sheltie. I always share your stories with her. Because you're a dog lover, she'll find your response (today) to her father very amusing. :-)

Oh, no...not from Sleepless! You are one of my favorite contributors to this site, and usually offer a no-nonsense comment which I agree with whole-heartedly. But, this time, it's my husband you're replying to, so I have to stand up for him. He's never written about this problem before -- but, nice to know someone else out there agrees! -- and he realizes it isn't a "big problem" in the grand scheme of things.

Sleepless, my husband works six days a week. Sunday is the only day he can read the paper and relax. Yes, he can go buy one (and probably will be doing that). MY gripe in this whole thing is that the computer has pretty much replaced the newspaper for me (and a lot of people), so I don't understand why the P&SB doesn't try just a bit harder.

You talk a lot about the good old days -- along with your pets, an endearing quality -- well, the newspaper is one of my good memories. Kids delivered it, their parents backing them up, and if you had a complaint, they corrected it. They wanted -- needed -- those tips from all of us. And we gave them!

So, I'll tell my husband your suggestion makes sense. We'll cancel the delivery that we rarely get, and just "pick one up." It was just a luxury that we appreciated at one time. I should add that he's never worked for the Press, other than delivering it when he was a kid.

Keep writing about your dogs; my daughter is a proud member of the ASPCA, and the proud mother of an entertaining miniature American Eskimo and a gentle Sheltie. I always share your stories with her. Because you're a dog lover, she'll find your response (today) to her father very amusing. :-)

I wasn't being nasty to your husband, I was just telling him to screw it and quit complaining all the time. About five years ago (new carrier), my paper started arriving about five minutese before I left for work, so I just cancelled it. Reading the Sunday paper with a good cup of coffee is one of life's joys. I've just gotten into the habit of going down to the store and getting both. I'm glad we have so much in common and of course I'll keep talking about the dogs. I was kidding about working at the press, but the continual complaing cracks me up. Tell him to get over it already and concentrate on more important things like what time the mailman comes! ;)

i agree i was having problems with the carriers for a while. once a week it wasn't delivered, the other days it was dropped at the end of my walkway by the sidewalk instead of on the porch. I would call at least twice a week, and finally they must have fired the carrier because the paper was then delivered everyday and where it was supposed to. one sunday again the paper was left nearly on the sidewalk and the inserts were stacked and thrown in a different pile, not put together with the paper. i called them up and canceled that day. now when i want the paper, i go get it. i think the idea was not to complain on here because it does no good. the paper is only as good as the carriers...and have you seen some of the lately? have a good weekend all

i agree i was having problems with the carriers for a while. once a week it wasn't delivered, the other days it was dropped at the end of my walkway by the sidewalk instead of on the porch. I would call at least twice a week, and finally they must have fired the carrier because the paper was then delivered everyday and where it was supposed to. one sunday again the paper was left nearly on the sidewalk and the inserts were stacked and thrown in a different pile, not put together with the paper. i called them up and canceled that day. now when i want the paper, i go get it. i think the idea was not to complain on here because it does no good. the paper is only as good as the carriers...and have you seen some of the lately? have a good weekend all

Thanks for agreeing Iggie. I didn't know you were in to reading.

Archived