Great Teachers of Binghamton Schools in the 60's, 70's Remembered

Guest Guest

What ever happed to gym teacher Kenny Fougnier at B. Central? Does anyone know? Oh how about Jack Childs before Gary Childs became a gym teacher.

Jack Childs always had us laughing he was a clown joking around and funny! Last I knew he was in Phila. area.

What ever happed to gym teacher Kenny Fougnier at B. Central? Does anyone know? Oh how about Jack Childs before Gary Childs became a gym teacher.

Jack Childs always had us laughing he was a clown joking around and funny! Last I knew he was in Phila. area.

Jack Childs is the wrestling coach for Drexel University in Philly.

He was the NCAA wrestling coach of the year about a decade ago.

Jack Childs is the wrestling coach for Drexel University in Philly.

He was the NCAA wrestling coach of the year about a decade ago.

That rat Childs should be in jail, and not as a distinguished coach.

Notice that his bio does not mention that he taught Gym in the Binghamton City School District.

Wonder why? Because he made the boys swim naked. The perv.

He is NOT a great teacher of the Binghamton Schools.

http://www.drexeldragons.com/bio.asp?staffid=59

Remember C.L. Denson at Mcarthur , he is still at west junoir i beleive ,he was my favorite, how many of you had to write the dictionary?? for him if you got in trouble LOL

OMG YES!

The letter M.

Guest Guest-East Sider 2-*
Mr. Panigrosso,North....he was a cool dude and a great teacher!

I agree totally, he taught the ONLY Science class I ever really enjoyed. Of course, he was at East Jr. then, if I remember correctly.

Not really my "faves" but an honorble mention to:

Miss Stoutenberg (Eng) you had it made if you were a guy, especially an athlete, realy especially a football player. She used to tell me, I was not as smart as either of my sisters! :angry:

She was also my MOTHER'S English teacher at Bing HS (Central) when there was only the 1 HS.

Nellie Cartwright, Health teacher... she used to get twitchy and blush when giving us the "puberty" talk. We were seniors -go figure-

Last and most of least Mr Benson Science.. he has a round iron doorstop, if you were not paying attention he'd sneak up behind you and slam it down on the desk. Scared the heck out of me many times.

All joking aside... I did recieve a wonderful education at BNHS, made some terrific friends (still have them to this day), and lifelong memories.

It's all good!!! :P

Guest class of 85
I agree totally, he taught the ONLY Science class I ever really enjoyed. Of course, he was at East Jr. then, if I remember correctly.

Not really my "faves" but an honorble mention to:

Miss Stoutenberg (Eng) you had it made if you were a guy, especially an athlete, realy especially a football player. She used to tell me, I was not as smart as either of my sisters! :angry:

She was also my MOTHER'S English teacher at Bing HS (Central) when there was only the 1 HS.

Nellie Cartwright, Health teacher... she used to get twitchy and blush when giving us the "puberty" talk. We were seniors -go figure-

Last and most of least Mr Benson Science.. he has a round iron doorstop, if you were not paying attention he'd sneak up behind you and slam it down on the desk. Scared the heck out of me many times.

All joking aside... I did recieve a wonderful education at BNHS, made some terrific friends (still have them to this day), and lifelong memories.

It's all good!!! :P

I worked in the nurses office with Nellie Cartwright at Binghamton High School and she was cute. I used to go to the doctors phone in the back and call her and she would get confused. I used to have her write me passes all the time. I liked her.

I went to Ben Franklin and there was quite a few fun ones there:

Mr. Crosby

Mr.Chupka

Mr. Wheeler

Both Murphy's

I hated Mr. Chupka. We called him Mr. Up-chuck! I was afraid of him. But maybe it was because I didn't like Match.

I also loved Mrs. Regalis for Health, Mrs. Swenson for Science, and Mrs. Denning at East

And Mrs. Bachman, Mr. Fisher, Mrs. Bernard (at East and BHS), Mr. Bernard (he was at both, too), and Mr. Lee (who gave you extra credit if you wore green because he was Irish! :)

AEJ

Guest Class of 85
I hated Mr. Chupka. We called him Mr. Up-chuck! I was afraid of him. But maybe it was because I didn't like Match.

I also loved Mrs. Regalis for Health, Mrs. Swenson for Science, and Mrs. Denning at East

And Mrs. Bachman, Mr. Fisher, Mrs. Bernard (at East and BHS), Mr. Bernard (he was at both, too), and Mr. Lee (who gave you extra credit if you wore green because he was Irish! :)

AEJ

I saw the Benards over the summer.

Archived