Powell didn't play?

Guest Guest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Oneonta Newspaper:

"OHS received a surprise Tuesday, when Maine-Endwell standout Joe Powell was not uniform."

"He's currently suspended ... poor decisions by a 16-year-old young man," M-E coach Bill Ocker said of Powell."

Guess he wasn't on a recruiting trip. So, what did he do?

Does it really matter?

The kid is 16? Leave him alone, it is only HS ball for crying out loud.

That's the behavior ME school system looks for in a leader??? Think not!!!!

Why did he sit out a game two years ago?? Because he was only 14 and it was only basketball "for God's sake"?????

How many chances do you get????

Maybe BCVoice is somewhat reliable. A week ago there was a thread about Powell being caught at their High School dance high and drunk, and was caught, breathilized, and persecuted at the dance.. I guess it was true.

Good Lord! This was a post with everyone saying he got suspended for drinking and then coming to the M-E Valentine's dance and then like five people went crazy because they said people were lying about it and they threaten to some how get them in jail. Well here you go, he actually WAS drinking and suspended.

Guest the truth
Heard mommy and daddy dearest Powell weren't at the ME vs Oneonta game. Fair weathered fans. Oh, they just support their son, that's right.

what parent doesn't?

Why did he sit out a game two years ago?? Because he was only 14 and it was only basketball "for God's sake"?????

He never sat out two years a go you moron-thats the year Tores got busted and he played every game. Maybe we should just burn the kid at a stake?

Good Lord! This was a post with everyone saying he got suspended for drinking and then coming to the M-E Valentine's dance and then like five people went crazy because they said people were lying about it and they threaten to some how get them in jail. Well here you go, he actually WAS drinking and suspended.

What hell you needed the bc voice? The kid admitted to it! What a bunch of small minded people... A high school kid makes a mistake that must be a first. The only people posting here are the people who want this kid out of their way for basketball and football -now who could that be???

Oh please lets take a look at ME past leaders-this kid looks like a saint next to some of them. Anyone remember Pat B. going drunk to the pep rally? Chris Torees and Riley suspended for 5 months the list goes on get over yourselves and pray your sorry asses don't get caught!

He never sat out two years a go you moron-thats the year Tores got busted and he played every game. Maybe we should just burn the kid at a stake?

Wait if you mean Torres played every game, he didn't he was done for the year, as was teammate and not as talented Riley.

Guest Guest 2 Cool

Oh please lets take a look at ME past leaders-this kid looks like a saint next to some of them. Anyone remember Pat B. going drunk to the pep rally? Chris Torees and Riley suspended for 5 months the list goes on get over yourselves and pray your sorry asses don't get caught!

I got "vetoed" for posting the following in regards to my concerns about the post about the fan clubs and the controversy about the cheerleading competion..my post in comic sans font and a response thereafter that is bolded:

What I don't understand, after watching this post (and the cheerleading post) grow to six pages...how come Mom and Dad are not more concerned with what the kids are doing in their down time? Instead of posting here, why not go to the downtown Binghamton bars when there's not school the next day?

Keep a tally there about how many kids that you know; instead of keeping track of how many crowd chants/cheerleading tosses were inappropriate/illegal. When you're done, THEN post about how outraged you are.

Gee that makes a whole lotta sense.

Since kids are drinking downtown, let's not worry that they are rude crude mob members during basketball games........

Ok, let's not worry about how many are downtown, instead let's concern ourselves with those using illegal drugs.

Wait, let's not worry about those using illegal drugs, let's worry about those committing burglaries.

Wait, let's not worry about those committing burglaries, let's worry about those who are rapists.

Wait, let's not worry about.............

Ok really...wait...nope, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Frankly, I'm tired of trying to educate parents of the fact that the drinking and drug use of our youth is seriously out of control...it just falls on deaf ears...as demonstrated above. People, wake up...it is SO FAR beyond "it's high school behavior", "he/she is just a kid..give them a break", "did you not do the same things as a kid in high school"

C'mon...as adults, we have to accept the responsibility/realization at some point.

So Joe did this and missed the last game of the season? And mom and dad didn't go to the game? Wonder how the coach will handle this next season?Everyone is excusing this because it is childish behavior, I think it is selfish behavior because he didn't think about the team heading into sectionals. I am sure mom and dad feel it is everyone out to get Joe.

So Joe did this and missed the last game of the season? And mom and dad didn't go to the game? Wonder how the coach will handle this next season?Everyone is excusing this because it is childish behavior, I think it is selfish behavior because he didn't think about the team heading into sectionals. I am sure mom and dad feel it is everyone out to get Joe.
Coach will do what he always does.....just let Joe do what Joe wants....because coach knows he doesn't have a team without Joe...and what will the coach do if he can't go on?????....

What I don't understand, after watching this post (and the cheerleading post) grow to six pages...how come Mom and Dad are not more concerned with what the kids are doing in their down time? Instead of posting here, why not go to the downtown Binghamton bars when there's not school the next day?

Keep a tally there about how many kids that you know; instead of keeping track of how many crowd chants/cheerleading tosses were inappropriate/illegal. When you're done, THEN post about how outraged you are.

Frankly, I'm tired of trying to educate parents of the fact that the drinking and drug use of our youth is seriously out of control...it just falls on deaf ears...as demonstrated above. People, wake up...it is SO FAR beyond "it's high school behavior", "he/she is just a kid..give them a break", "did you not do the same things as a kid in high school"

I'm the one who 'shot you down' on that post.

I think you misunderstood my meaning (or I didn't make it very clear). I don't think a parent should 'ignore' drinking and drug use but that awareness does not preclude our right and even responsibility to monitor, comment on, and try to do something about their inappropriate mob behavior as 'fans' at games. And frankly, I am surprised that you don't see that these behaviors may well be connected - I believe that many of the fan clubs members are using before they get to the games.

I think, actually, that you and I are in pretty close agreement.

Archived