Powell didn't play?

Guest Guest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all you people that get on this site and bash a 16 year old kid and you think your all big and bad sitting at your desk concerning your self with kid things but yet your a 40 year old man that degrades all the kids in section 4 just cause all your kids are losers

all you people that get on this site and bash a 16 year old kid and you think your all big and bad sitting at your desk concerning your self with kid things but yet your a 40 year old man that degrades all the kids in section 4 just cause all your kids are losers

Sounds almost like you decribed a pedophile to me.

Guest Guest 2 Cool
I'm the one who 'shot you down' on that post.

I think you misunderstood my meaning (or I didn't make it very clear). I don't think a parent should 'ignore' drinking and drug use but that awareness does not preclude our right and even responsibility to monitor, comment on, and try to do something about their inappropriate mob behavior as 'fans' at games. And frankly, I am surprised that you don't see that these behaviors may well be connected - I believe that many of the fan clubs members are using before they get to the games.

I think, actually, that you and I are in pretty close agreement.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify; I appreciate it. I could not agree more on your speculation that there is "pre-gaming" that goes on; and yes, I do believe that the inappropriate behavior at the games is a direct result.

Parents, please, please wake up and realize just exactly how bad this is. It's not just a party here and a party there, some of these kids are hard core that drink, smoke a blunt and God knows what else on a daily basis.

WOW!!! where did that crap come from????

• 1 month later...
Guest guest
Maybe BCVoice is somewhat reliable. A week ago there was a thread about Powell being caught at their High School dance high and drunk, and was caught, breathilized, and persecuted at the dance.. I guess it was true.

Well he's only one out of the like 100 students that were that night, me being one of them. Everyone else was just lucky they didnt caught. And let me tell you after rumors went around that everyone was getting a breathalyzer at the next dance honestly not even 15 people showed up. So lets not act like hes such a terrible person here..Because I bet if half of the SPARENTS on here knew half of what their kids were doing they'd shit themselves in disbelief.

Guest Guest
what 40 year old man???

Guest Guest
Well he's only one out of the like 100 students that were that night, me being one of them. Everyone else was just lucky they didnt caught. And let me tell you after rumors went around that everyone was getting a breathalyzer at the next dance honestly not even 15 people showed up. So lets not act like hes such a terrible person here..Because I bet if half of the SPARENTS on here knew half of what their kids were doing they'd shit themselves in disbelief.

Yes, your actually right.

Guest Guest
Yes, your actually right.
The fact of the matter is....he got got....period....and he got suspended....his mom has to stop making light of the fact that her son has some real problems.....stop defending him......the problems will just keep getting bigger....

Guest guest
The fact of the matter is....he got got....period....and he got suspended....his mom has to stop making light of the fact that her son has some real problems.....stop defending him......the problems will just keep getting bigger....

Okay, but it could just as easily have been someone else that got caught. And I mean common just because he pregamed a dance doesnt mean he has 'real problems' because I know kids that are 20 times worse than him and they seem to being doing just fine. And honestly what would you have done if your perfect little angel of a kid got caught?Just stand there and do nothing, making yourself and your kid look like a fool?

Guest Guest
Okay, but it could just as easily have been someone else that got caught. And I mean common just because he pregamed a dance doesnt mean he has 'real problems' because I know kids that are 20 times worse than him and they seem to being doing just fine. And honestly what would you have done if your perfect little angel of a kid got caught?Just stand there and do nothing, making yourself and your kid look like a fool?
Please.....STOP defending BAD behavior!!!!!!!!!!........

Guest Guest
Parents, please, please wake up and realize just exactly how bad this is. It's not just a party here and a party there, some of these kids are hard core that drink, smoke a blunt and God knows what else on a daily basis

I would like to address this issue. First of all, let's face it, a 17 yr old going to parties once every couple of months - although I don't think it is the WISEST decision, IS 'normal'. I did it....in retrospect certainly not the 'best' use of my time.... but I kept my grades up, didn't drink to excess - except ONCE - managed not to get caught (however, I wasn't by anyone's description a star athlete), went on to college and graduated. And no I don't have a substance abuse issue. It is part of growing up.......

Having said that, the great fear for me, as a parent today, is knowing what is normal and what isn't. I will NOT bury my head in the sand and pretend it is OK.

But, suppose as a parent, you find out your child is partying far far too often (by the way, this is thank God not the case in my house) - What CAN a parent do????? Oh, I know, the pat answers, put him/her in rehab - again, so your kid is out eery other weekend, coming home having a couple of drinks, still goes to school, gets decent grades and behaves in school and at home......gonna pull that kid out of school for a month or two and send him to rehab....assuming of course, that your insurance company will pay, unless you have a few spare thousand bucks laying around????? Or 'ground' your kid every single weekend? At some point, anyone, anyone, anyone, would rebel and just leave, I mean, seriously, what is a parent going to do to a kid for that....beat them? Ground them (oh, wait, they already were grounded forever in the kid's mind)...what IS a parent going to do????????????

You have to understand that not all these cases are cut and dried. You may know kids that party - or you may think you know kids that party but you do NOT know what goes on behind closed doors, what parents have done or are trying to do, what the kid is really like. It is easy to stand on the outside and say that parents are without a clue and/or don't care but things are not always as they seem.

Just keep it in mind.

Guest Guest
I would like to address this issue. First of all, let's face it, a 17 yr old going to parties once every couple of months - although I don't think it is the WISEST decision, IS 'normal'. I did it....in retrospect certainly not the 'best' use of my time.... but I kept my grades up, didn't drink to excess - except ONCE - managed not to get caught (however, I wasn't by anyone's description a star athlete), went on to college and graduated. And no I don't have a substance abuse issue. It is part of growing up.......

Having said that, the great fear for me, as a parent today, is knowing what is normal and what isn't. I will NOT bury my head in the sand and pretend it is OK.

But, suppose as a parent, you find out your child is partying far far too often (by the way, this is thank God not the case in my house) - What CAN a parent do????? Oh, I know, the pat answers, put him/her in rehab - again, so your kid is out eery other weekend, coming home having a couple of drinks, still goes to school, gets decent grades and behaves in school and at home......gonna pull that kid out of school for a month or two and send him to rehab....assuming of course, that your insurance company will pay, unless you have a few spare thousand bucks laying around????? Or 'ground' your kid every single weekend? At some point, anyone, anyone, anyone, would rebel and just leave, I mean, seriously, what is a parent going to do to a kid for that....beat them? Ground them (oh, wait, they already were grounded forever in the kid's mind)...what IS a parent going to do????????????

You have to understand that not all these cases are cut and dried. You may know kids that party - or you may think you know kids that party but you do NOT know what goes on behind closed doors, what parents have done or are trying to do, what the kid is really like. It is easy to stand on the outside and say that parents are without a clue and/or don't care but things are not always as they seem.

Just keep it in mind.

Honey....by the time your kid is this age....it is a little late to try and impose hard rules......if you had stayed knowledgeable about information that is out there for you, you should have realized you need to start at a much younger age....far before middle school or high school........why is it some kids can make fairly good judgment about what is right and wrong when they reach teenage years......look at the parental (one or both) involvement at the young age these kids have had.....every kid will make mistakes.....most kids use good judgment about right and wrong....but there is that few who don't.......you are their role model......they will look at what you are doing and how you are acting......too many parents condone bad behavior.....just because you did it doesn't mean you should condone......

Guest Guest
Honey....by the time your kid is this age....it is a little late to try and impose hard rules......if you had stayed knowledgeable about information that is out there for you, you should have realized you need to start at a much younger age....far before middle school or high school........why is it some kids can make fairly good judgment about what is right and wrong when they reach teenage years......look at the parental (one or both) involvement at the young age these kids have had.....every kid will make mistakes.....most kids use good judgment about right and wrong....but there is that few who don't.......you are their role model......they will look at what you are doing and how you are acting......too many parents condone bad behavior.....just because you did it doesn't mean you should condone......

I guess you missed this part of my post.

But, suppose as a parent, you find out your child is partying far far too often (by the way, this is thank God not the case in my house)

And, by the way, it is condesending to call me honey. Perhaps you meant to be condesending, in which case, it worked. However, if you want to have a reasonable discussion, which I am more than willing to participate in, then how about we both try to keep it civil and respectul?

Your posts make it clear that you believe all kids who party, drink and do drugs are simply a result of poor and ignorant parenting.....and that is just simply not true.

I, and most parents I know, are aware that you don't start talking to your kids about drugs and alcohol when they turn 15. I have seen my kids' childhood friends - GOOD kids, with GOOD parents choose the right road and then I have seen the opposite - good, caring, aware and educated (in drugs and alcohol use) parents have a child who began drinking and smoking and perhaps, abusing other drugs. I also have seen a kid who came from a divorced, absent father and cold non-caring mother party his way through high school, (with apparently NO rules at home) go on to college (which I thought would last about 2 weeks), graduate and become very successful. I have also seen a family where one child is a wild partier and the other an honor roll, involved athlete. Go figure, I sure can't.

I think this is a case of 'blaming the victim' because believe me, when a child chooses the wrong path, parents are 'victims' of heartache, worry, tears, frustration, anger and grief. And believe me when I tell you, those parents ask themselves 'why is it some kids can make fairly good judgment about what is right and wrong when they reach teenage years' and THEIR child doesn't....and they look to blame themselves.

I guess it is obvious that this is an issue that, although it wasn't in my family, was in others very close to me....before, during and (in one case) after the 'dark years'. The angst of the caring parents with a child making bad choices is unbelievable, the sleepless nights seemingly endless. It is tormenting like the 7th cricle of hell wondering if your child is dead of alcohol poisioning, under arrest or laying in a ditch or snowbank taking his/her last breath.

Please understand that it isn't always or even often that the parents are doing (or did) a poor job, or that they are clueless, or that they choose to turn a blind eye. I know for a fact that that is not always the case. It is far too simplistic and 'easy' to just blame the parents but not true.

Guest guest
Please.....STOP defending BAD behavior!!!!!!!!!!........

Im not defending bad behavior im defending a friend. And im just saying that almost half the school drinks or smokes something, and one kid gets caught at a dance so you automatically think wow that kid is such a bad person blah blah blah is that the kind of leader you want, he has some real problems, ext. But honestly maybe instead of putting down one kid you should realize that hes not the only one doing it. So get over it he got caught, and he payed the consequences .

Guest guest

Honestly, people need to stop and make sure their hands are clean before they start to point fingers.

Guest Guest
Honestly, people need to stop and make sure their hands are clean before they start to point fingers.
yeah....because powell has big bad parties when his parents go out of town.....

Guest guest
yeah....because powell has big bad parties when his parents go out of town.....

okay but how many other kids do that????? I mean common folks.

Guest Guest
okay but how many other kids do that????? I mean common folks.
only about about a handful of kids......majority of parents don't leave their teenage kids home alone while they take off for awhile......

Guest Old School

The effort to develop teenagers into responsible adults requires vigilance daily, as well as a blind eye on occasion. Success is measured in grade point averages, participation in HS athletics, the School Play, and the Church choir. Other venues offer teenagers opportunity for success in volunteering "free time" for long-term medical problems, including cancer. Breast cancer, heart disease, mental retardation, Alshiemer's (Iforgot hte correct spelling), and HOMELESSNESS. Many student/athletes, offered the choice of solving all the problems of society party every day because they are confused about ownership of society's maladies. "Didn't figure out the cure for cancer today, so let's get high". The stress of solving insurmountable problems matters little to a teenager living Maslov. The behavior of the boys and girls aged 15 to 21 would shock any parent, or grandparent, if they view said "student/athlete's" MYSPACE Page. Let us continue to crucify the kid that got caught,

Guest guest
only about about a handful of kids......majority of parents don't leave their teenage kids home alone while they take off for awhile......

yeah but just because the parents aren't out of town doesn't mean they don't party, i mean it hasn't stopped me...?

Guest Guest
yeah but just because the parents aren't out of town doesn't mean they don't party, i mean it hasn't stopped me...?
You missed the meaning......there are teenage kids who party....but there are teenage kids left home alone for a week without parents.......

@

Archived