Bing Council

Guest Bingo-town

Guest Bingo-town

I missed it... HELP? Tonights Agenda? Meeting time duration? Public Speakers? Televised? Issues? Concerns? Highlights? Topics? ......Any and/or all responses are welcome and helpful, Thank You!

I missed it... HELP? Tonights Agenda? Meeting time duration? Public Speakers? Televised? Issues? Concerns? Highlights? Topics? ......Any and/or all responses are welcome and helpful, Thank You!

I missed it too. The agenda only had three or four items on it, they we're probably done by 8pm. The best part of the meeting would have been public comment. This coming only a week after Mayor Ryan's State of the City address. Also, the back and forth between Teri Rennia and Jack Sheehan has been escalating in recent months.

Anyone see the meeting?

Just 3 speakers: Jack Sheehan (looney, as usual, when he was pushing his idiotic so-called "Anti-Moocher's bill", but he made good sense when objecting to the fact that NYS has raised the cost of obtaining police accident reports to $25 [as opposed to 25 cents/page if you FOIL for them]), Sharon Niminsky (trying to get them to give City Workers a badge number or something so they don't have to give out their names out over the phone [sounds like some type of scam to minimize personal accountability or responsibility by City Hall workers -- maybe Tarik or Luke per her up to that?]), and John Kittredge (the quintessential "angry man" who's "mad as h e l l" and not going to take it anymore . . . blah, blah, blah).

Only 5 council members present (Kramer and Collins absent)

But there were "fireworks" as one agenda item was approval of the B-Mets fireworks schedule for the upcoming season. Weslar raised an objection to the May 2nd date as it might conflict with an opera at the Forum to have the booming of fireworks going off during a quieter act.

Sorry, but somewhere in there I flipped over to another channel and found something more interesting and didn't come back to the Council meeting.

I've got to say that, in the true spirit of Jeffersonian democracy, this Council is doing a mighty fine job as in "the government that governs least, governs best"!

Just 3 speakers: Jack Sheehan (looney, as usual, when he was pushing his idiotic so-called "Anti-Moocher's bill", but he made good sense when objecting to the fact that NYS has raised the cost of obtaining police accident reports to $25 [as opposed to 25 cents/page if you FOIL for them]), Sharon Niminsky (trying to get them to give City Workers a badge number or something so they don't have to give out their names out over the phone [sounds like some type of scam to minimize personal accountability or responsibility by City Hall workers -- maybe Tarik or Luke per her up to that?]), and John Kittredge (the quintessential "angry man" who's "mad as h e l l" and not going to take it anymore . . . blah, blah, blah).

Only 5 council members present (Kramer and Collins absent)

But there were "fireworks" as one agenda item was approval of the B-Mets fireworks schedule for the upcoming season. Weslar raised an objection to the May 2nd date as it might conflict with an opera at the Forum to have the booming of fireworks going off during a quieter act.

Sorry, but somewhere in there I flipped over to another channel and found something more interesting and didn't come back to the Council meeting.

I've got to say that, in the true spirit of Jeffersonian democracy, this Council is doing a mighty fine job as in "the government that governs least, governs best"!

Did you by chance happen to see any "symbolic" votes?

TWS

It is obvious from the comments made by Marty Gerchman that the council is doing its heavy duty work behind closed doors to keep the public from knowing all the nitty gritty stuff. It's no wonder this week's meeting lasted 20 minutes. The public's right to know will not be considered by this liberal council.

They also passed an admendment that free gay pride flags will be available for all Binghamton residents.

Is this the same Marty Gerchman who couldn't hold down a job as a cook - always drunk and on drugs. Is he the same Marty Gerchman that now is in charge of Binghamtons Council. No wonder the City is going bankrupt if peoplelike this are in charge.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
Is this the same Marty Gerchman who couldn't hold down a job as a cook - always drunk and on drugs. Is he the same Marty Gerchman that now is in charge of Binghamtons Council. No wonder the City is going bankrupt if peoplelike this are in charge.

Do you have proof?

Guest Guest

did i hear you right? If i need and accident report i now have to pay 25 Dollars?

Is there anything else we can get robbed for!!! Higher taxes! Higher sewer and water Higher fees!!

whats next? are they going to charge us admission to get into City Hall?

I suppose if i am on DSS all these fees are waived too!! RIGHT?

@

Archived