So, like I was saying Jon

Sleepless in Hillcrest

...before we were so rudely interrupted, in addition to my Uncle Chet's preoccupation with fish not drowning, after a couple of shots of Jack Daniels, he has another one he rants about. He thinks turtles should wear pants! He thinks they expose too much and swears that the "Animal Planet" is run by the "Playboy Channel"! Before you offer it and I know you will, yes he is "shell shocked"!

...before we were so rudely interrupted, in addition to my Uncle Chet's preoccupation with fish not drowning, after a couple of shots of Jack Daniels, he has another one he rants about. He thinks turtles should wear pants! He thinks they expose too much and swears that the "Animal Planet" is run by the "Playboy Channel"! Before you offer it and I know you will, yes he is "shell shocked"!

Is it for Man to know why Turtles wear no pants? If the Turtles wanted to teach us why they wear no pants, then the Turtles would have Tortoise.

No, there are no good "turtlewear" shops in the area. Try finding a nice pair of "dockers"...none to be found around here. You have to go the city for that. There's a boutique called Mickey's on Flatbush that specializes in turtle apparel. They also do muffler repairs!

There is however a guy named Lou, on State Street, that will knit a nice "turtle necked" cardigan sweater for your hamster. It's not really a store...he shares a third floor apartment with his Uncle Benny. He's reasonably priced. You're cool as long as you don't mention "The Wizard Of Oz" or snow cones!

Lou sounds a bit like Bruce who lives in a Caravan Park not three mikes down the road, with his Fish Tank, wind-up Gramophone and Pigeon loft in the top bunk. For a Six-pack of Fosters he will crochet Work-shorts for consenting turtles with a Civic Project fetish. They come in a range of five patterns.

The Work-shorts come in six.

Archived