More Catholic hypocrisy

Guest Monsignor Feelgood

Guest Monsignor Feelgood

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/22/priest...d.ap/index.html

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- A retired Roman Catholic priest was sentenced to 63 months in prison for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from his parishioners, money he used in part to support his secret family.

Rodney Rodis, 51, pleaded guilty to mail fraud and money laundering in October in the theft of more than $600,000 in donations from St. Jude Church and Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Louisa County between 2002 and 2006.

Rodis recited a litany of apologies to his victims, including the Catholic church, his family and society in general.

Typical.

A "litany" of sins and crimes, and a totally heartfelt "Gee whiz, I'm so sorry. I hope you can forgive me." I hope God gives this jackhole an eternity of beatdowns when he dies.

Retired? Well of course. I could retire nicely, too, if I had an extra $600K over and above my wages.

63 months @ $600,000 ... let's see, that's $50,000 per year, tax free, free board and lodging, plus a prison wage. Out by the time he's 56, probably with access to at least some of the loot.

Meanwhile many of the Parishioners who sacrificed that money in good faith until it hurt are probably still living in hardship by comparison.

When it comes down to a choice between Organized religion and the DIY product, I know which I'd choose.

63 months @ $600,000 ... let's see, that's $50,000 per year, tax free, free board and lodging, plus a prison wage. Out by the time he's 56, probably with access to at least some of the loot.

Meanwhile many of the Parishioners who sacrificed that money in good faith until it hurt are probably still living in hardship by comparison.

When it comes down to a choice between Organized religion and the DIY product, I know which I'd choose.

\\

And of course the same holds true with you when it comes to elected or government officials who get caught with their hand in the cookie jar....I'm sure you've stopped paying taxes and have adopted a "do it yourself" approach.

\\

And of course the same holds true with you when it comes to elected or government officials who get caught with their hand in the cookie jar....I'm sure you've stopped paying taxes and have adopted a "do it yourself" approach.

You think AFC is this type of person?

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- A retired Roman Catholic priest was sentenced to 63 months in prison for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from his parishioners, money he used in part to support his secret family.

Rodney Rodis, 51, pleaded guilty to mail fraud and money laundering in October in the theft of more than $600,000 in donations from St. Jude Church and Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Louisa County between 2002 and 2006.

Rodis recited a litany of apologies to his victims, including the Catholic church, his family and society in general.

Typical.

A "litany" of sins and crimes, and a totally heartfelt "Gee whiz, I'm so sorry. I hope you can forgive me." I hope God gives this jackhole an eternity of beatdowns when he dies.

Retired? Well of course. I could retire nicely, too, if I had an extra $600K over and above my wages.

Why attack the Church? It wasn't the Church who committed the crime it was the man, who happened to be a priest, that did it.

Careful ... Your hypocrisy is showing.

Why attack the Church? It wasn't the Church who committed the crime it was the man, who happened to be a priest, that did it.

Careful ... Your hypocrisy is showing.

The problem is that these people pretend to be of higher moral standing than the rest of us. Yet again and again they prove not to be. They are representatives of the church and they are no better than the scumbags of society. Stealing money and molesting kids is the norm for catholics preists. Pay money to me and you will be saved. I wish I could start a racket like that. I would never have to work again.

It's probably not a bed of roses in prison. :blink:

The graces they received by giving to the Church are still applied to them. That priest has to answer for his crimes to God.

Your DIY project to heaven? Good luck. :lol:

The problem is that these people pretend to be of higher moral standing than the rest of us.

They are sinners just like the rest of us. What sets them apart are valid Holy Orders. What they preach, if it does not conflict with the catechism, is true and correct. The Sacraments they preside over are true and correct regardless of the priest himself.

Yet again and again they prove not to be.

They fall and need confession just like the rest of us.

They are representatives of the church and they are no better than the scumbags of society.

They make mistakes. They're not invincible when it comes to the temptations of satan and his minion.

Stealing money and molesting kids is the norm for catholics preists.

No person of any intelligence would say such a thing. It's a people problem, not a faith problem. The CC's Faith teachings are PERFECT.

Pay money to me and you will be saved. I wish I could start a racket like that. I would never have to work again.

Paying money doesn't get you saved. It is a good work though.

\\

And of course the same holds true with you when it comes to elected or government officials who get caught with their hand in the cookie jar

Of course! But the analogy you reach for is not quite there yet. Unlike Churches, elected Government officials do pay taxes. Furthermore, if they are caught avoiding taxes they are rightly prosecuted. When was the last time a Church was prosecuted for not paying taxes? But taxes ARE paid on the money lavished on the Churches, aren't they.

By whom?

I'm sure you've stopped paying taxes and have adopted a "do it yourself" approach.

You're 'sure'? Where do you get your information? You need to give your informant the flick .. he/she is leading you astray! Of course I pay taxes ... don't you? And some of my taxes even send my younger countrymen into wars that given the choice I would much rather not send them into. So I'm not happy that my taxes are used to kill. But at least money left after tax I do get to use on a DIY basis.

Not so for those Parishioners who are duped by Priests like the one reported above. He has lived lavishly on their DIY money after tax and for good measure would have told them on behalf of his employer that if they dare think for themselves they'll forfeit Eternal Life.

When was the last time an elected Government official threatened you with that?

It's probably not a bed of roses in prison. :blink:

Nor is it 'a bed of roses' for many of the 'Flock' struggling to make ends meet after pampering a parasite.

The graces they received by giving to the Church are still applied to them. That priest has to answer for his crimes to God.

I know you're NOT going to tell me that if they DID NOT give to the Church then those Graces WOULD NOT be applied to them. Therefore all this talk about 'Graces' is redundant! It has nothing to do with anything. Did those 'Graces' protect them from ripoff? The Priest involved should answer for his crimes first to his victims by putting food back in the mouths of their children. Will the Church do that to make amends? I doubt it. There's time enough later for him to answer to God. That's not his victims' concern.

Priorities!

Your DIY project to heaven? Good luck. :lol:

Thanks but I won't be needing it. Least of all from your Church or from you, A Faithful Catholic.

Of course! But the analogy you reach for is not quite there yet. Unlike Churches, elected Government officials do pay taxes. Furthermore, if they are caught avoiding taxes they are rightly prosecuted. When was the last time a Church was prosecuted for not paying taxes? But taxes ARE paid on the money lavished on the Churches. By whom?

You're 'sure'? Where do you get your information? You need to give your informant the flick .. he/she is leading you astray! Of course I pay taxes ... don't you? And some of my taxes even send my younger countrymen into wars that given the choice I would much rather not send them into. So I'm not happy that my taxes are used to kill. But at least money left after tax I do get to use on a DIY basis.

Not so for those Parishioners who are duped by Priests like the one reported above. He has lived lavishly on their DIY money after tax and for good measure would have told them on behalf of his employer that if they dare think for themselves they'll forfeit Eternal Life.

When was the last time an elected Government official threatened you with that?

My point is...you don't stop paying taxes or stop be a good citizen..in other words you don't go out and form your own (DIY) government simply because elected or government officials are have committed crimes.

Try (thinking for yourself) and not paying your taxes and see whether or not you get threatened by government officials.

Try (thinking for yourself) and not paying your taxes and see whether or not you get threatened by government officials.

And rightly so. Taxes have their place. But Parishioners like those discussed cop a double whammy. First they pay taxes under government threat ... then the Church muscles in for a chunk of their remaining (DIY) money with implicit Theological threat.

Guest Don't go to church

Typical.

Fuckin' hypocrites

Nor is it 'a bed of roses' for many of the 'Flock' struggling to make ends meet after pampering a parasite.

Priests are sinners too. Many people think that once a person is a priest they are INVINCIBLE to evil. A human being is NO MATCH for a fallen angel.

I know you're NOT going to tell me that if they DID NOT give to the Church then those Graces WOULD NOT be applied to them.

I would be telling you that. You receives graces by GIVING to the Church. The Lord has no problem with this. It falls under loving thy neighbor. Likewise, If I go to CONFESSION, I receive the graces of FORGIVENESS and the Lord's Mercy as opposed to those who NEVER go or have never gone to confession. They do not receive those graces.

Therefore all this talk about 'Graces' is redundant! It has nothing to do with anything.

Baloney. You have to do/fulfill certain things to receive the Lord's graces.

Did those 'Graces' protect them from ripoff?

That is not what counts! Jesus made HIMSELF poor, to make us rich. Likewise we do the same for Him. It is just the act itself of GIVING that you receive those graces, not the outcome of the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Priest involved should answer for his crimes

He should.

First to his victims by putting food back in the mouths of their children.

Not all money goes to the poor or children!

Will the Church do that to make amends? I doubt it.

The CC has done more for the poor than any other organization.

There's time enough later for him to answer to God. That's not his victims' concern.

Correct and not your's either.

Priorities!

Thanks but I won't be needing it. Least of all from your Church or from you, A Faithful Catholic.

Too bad. :lol:

Guest Athiest
Priests are sinners too. Many people think that once a person is a priest they are INVINCIBLE to evil. A human being is NO MATCH for a fallen angel.

I would be telling you that. You receives graces by GIVING to the Church. The Lord has no problem with this. It falls under loving thy neighbor. Likewise, If I go to CONFESSION, I receive the graces of FORGIVENESS and the Lord's Mercy as opposed to those who NEVER go or have never gone to confession. They do not receive those graces.

That is not what counts! Jesus made HIMSELF poor, to make us rich. Likewise we do the same for Him. It is just the act itself of GIVING that you receive those graces, not the outcome of the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should.

Not all money goes to the poor or children!

The CC has done more for the poor than any other organization.

Correct and not your's either.

Too bad. :lol:

Hey look it's the retard. Shut up asswipe!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

(and):

Bravo. I knew if I worded it right you'd come clean.

So now you confirm what we've known all along ... Salvation to the jingle of Cash Registers.

Bravo. I knew if I worded it right you'd come clean.

So now you confirm what we've known all along ... Salvation to the jingle of Cash Registers.

Ohhhhh you are so wrong!!!!!!! Giving money DOESN'T save you. Likewise, if I go to confession and receive it's graces and later I commit a MORTAL SIN and then DIE, I am DOOMED for all eternity. There is NO MERCY on the OTHER SIDE. Just a DIVINE JUDGE. Mercy is in the CONFESSIONAL, now.

Faith + good works = Salvation

Giving money is GOOD WORKS, condoned by Jesus. It is NOT EVERYTHING and cannot stand by itself.

You are wrong again! :lol:

Completely agree with you man especially when it comes to that Faithful Catholic asswipe :angry:

Hey look it's the retard. Shut up asswipe!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Hey guys, can you exercise a little restraint, please? Speaking for myself at least, I'd rather not see threads like this closed down. Then no one would learn anything.

Ohhhhh you are so wrong!!!!!!! Giving money DOESN'T save you. Likewise, if I go to confession and receive it's graces and later I commit a MORTAL SIN and then DIE, I am DOOMED for all eternity. There is NO MERCY on the OTHER SIDE. Just a DIVINE JUDGE. Mercy is in the CONFESSIONAL, now.

Faith + good works = Salvation

Giving money is GOOD WORKS, condoned by Jesus. It is NOT EVERYTHING and cannot stand by itself.

You are wrong again! :lol:

Funny how often "Good Works' translates into vulgar cash, isn't it!

So go on ... tell me that Faith WITHOUT "Good Works" leads to Salvation.

Funny how often "Good Works' translates into vulgar cash, isn't it!

So go on ... tell me that Faith WITHOUT "Good Works" leads to Salvation.

Faith without good works is DEAD. Good works without faith is also DEAD.

Let's read to what my favorite EPISTLE states, from St. James:

James 2:14-26

Faith and Deeds

14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31;

Faith without good works is DEAD. Good works without faith is also DEAD.

When Parishioners give money to the Church they have only the Church's word for where that money will end up.

Yup ... thet thar shoor am "Faith"!

Archived