Bush - "War President"

Guest Guest

In his February 7 (broadcast on 8th), 2004, hour-long Oval Office interview with Tim Russert on NBC's Meet the Press [10], President Bush declared himself as the "War President".

Bush: "I'm the war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign-policy matters with war on my mind. The American people need to know they got a president who sees the world the way it is. And I see dangers that exist, and it's important for us to deal with them."

God help us: Bush/Chenney have 11 more months to start WWW III.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In his February 7 (broadcast on 8th), 2004, hour-long Oval Office interview with Tim Russert on NBC's Meet the Press [10], President Bush declared himself as the "War President".

Bush: "I'm the war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign-policy matters with war on my mind. The American people need to know they got a president who sees the world the way it is. And I see dangers that exist, and it's important for us to deal with them."

God help us people like you have another 11 months!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest recruiter

you're forgetting george's courageous war efforts while he was defending texas and alabama from the viet cong during the vietnam war.

Guest historian
So if terrorists never crashed planes into New York and never started the war on terror and that was the only thing different,would you still hate Bush?

SINCE HE LET 9/11 HAPPEN ON HIS WATCH AND THEN LIED TO INVADE A COUNTRY THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11, I 'D SAY YES. DON'T FORGET OSAMA IS ALIVE, EVEN THOUGH GEORGE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIM. THE BORDER IS A MESS AND REMEMBER WHAT A BANG UP JOB HE DID AFTER KATRINA. THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

So if terrorists never crashed planes into New York and never started the war on terror and that was the only thing different,would you still hate Bush?

Of course!! I couldn't stand his smarmy smirking little mug from the first moment I laid eyes on him. Liar like his Dad.

Guest A Reasonable Atheist

I think the point is that the entire policy taken on by this particular administration is reprehensible. That is the reason I did not vote for it in 2000 or 2004. The policy of this government regarding respect for civil liberties (which would likely be the same as it is now regardless of 9/11), inherently social and public goods like healthcare, education and the environment, labor policy and foreign policy are at odds with my own views.

I do not "hate" George Bush so much as I pity him. He is likely to go down with the likes of Benjamin Harrison and Millard Fillmore. Though, I would doubt history will be so kind as to merely forget his name. More likely, it will remember that he failed to cease the opportunity to unite America and the world, that he oversaw the export of more domestic jobs and the full transition to an economy based not on production of anything, but debt and consumption. He will be remembered for quagmires and failed policy initiatives.

No, I do not hate George Bush, I pity him.

I think the point is that the entire policy taken on by this particular administration is reprehensible. That is the reason I did not vote for it in 2000 or 2004. The policy of this government regarding respect for civil liberties (which would likely be the same as it is now regardless of 9/11), inherently social and public goods like healthcare, education and the environment, labor policy and foreign policy are at odds with my own views.

I do not "hate" George Bush so much as I pity him. He is likely to go down with the likes of Benjamin Harrison and Millard Fillmore. Though, I would doubt history will be so kind as to merely forget his name. More likely, it will remember that he failed to cease the opportunity to unite America and the world, that he oversaw the export of more domestic jobs and the full transition to an economy based not on production of anything, but debt and consumption. He will be remembered for quagmires and failed policy initiatives.

No, I do not hate George Bush, I pity him.

NO YOU DID NOT VOTE FOR IT IN 2000 & 2004 BECAUSE YOUR A FLAMING LIBERAL END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest A Reasonable Atheist
NO YOU DID NOT VOTE FOR IT IN 2000 & 2004 BECAUSE YOUR A FLAMING LIBERAL END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say that like it is a bad thing. As for my personal views, while re-reading the last post, I fail to see how I expressed any specific view.

WWW III???????????? Is that a web site? or are you engaging in more Lib fear mongering?

SINCE HE LET 9/11 HAPPEN ON HIS WATCH AND THEN LIED TO INVADE A COUNTRY THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11, I 'D SAY YES. DON'T FORGET OSAMA IS ALIVE, EVEN THOUGH GEORGE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIM. THE BORDER IS A MESS AND REMEMBER WHAT A BANG UP JOB HE DID AFTER KATRINA. THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

STOP LEFTIST HATE!

How did he let this happen,he wasn't if office that long,I'm sure that attack took years of planning,the people in Iraq were dancing and shooting their guns off celebrating this attack,their dictator hated America and would have had no problem blasting his own people up with bombs,and funded the terror on America,so why is Bush so bad for removing him and trying to help these people in Iraq,I thought liberals wanted to help all the unfortunate people.What should he have done different after Katrina,you couldn't possibly blame him for a hurricane,I'd very much like to see this''endless''list also,if you would be so kind as to post it right here on bcvoice.com,thank you.

you are so narrow minded its sad

it is the war in iraq and how he handles it and lied about it that makes us dislike him. I dont hate him. I simply think he has been a terrible president in just about every respect. I supported fully and still support fully the war on terror and the war in Iraq, I simply for the life of me can not figure out why we are in Iraq.

it is the war in iraq and how he handles it and lied about it that makes us dislike him. I dont hate him. I simply think he has been a terrible president in just about every respect. I supported fully and still support fully the war on terror and the war in Iraq, I simply for the life of me can not figure out why we are in Iraq.

Once again......I'd love to see what you consider to be a "lie". If you want to know why we are in Iraq, try reading Hillary's Senate floor speech. Its a start.

http://clinton.senate.gov/speeches/iraq_101002.html

Once again......I'd love to see what you consider to be a "lie". If you want to know why we are in Iraq, try reading Hillary's Senate floor speech. Its a start.

Your only response to legitimate criticisms of GWB's bungling of Iraq continues to be "Hillary".

That is so weak, it's laughable.

How did he let this happen,he wasn't if office that long,I'm sure that attack took years of planning,the people in Iraq were dancing and shooting their guns off celebrating this attack,their dictator hated America and would have had no problem blasting his own people up with bombs,and funded the terror on America,so why is Bush so bad for removing him and trying to help these people in Iraq,I thought liberals wanted to help all the unfortunate people.What should he have done different after Katrina,you couldn't possibly blame him for a hurricane,I'd very much like to see this''endless''list also,if you would be so kind as to post it right here on bcvoice.com,thank you.

Once again you guys continue to make some vague connection with 9/11 and Saddam. There isn't any. That's it. Plain and simple. Saddam fervently disliked Osama and al qaeda and saw them as a bigger threat to his rule than the USA.....obviously.

Let me make this very simple as well: no one blames GWB for the actual hurricane. It was the Fed. Gov't response overall that Mike Brown and GWB mishandled.

We were of better and faster assistance to the victims of the Christmas Tsunami on the other side of the globe than we were to our own citizens in N.O.

1) hillary did not start this war - bush did

2) I have listed the main six lies on here around 25 times so far and yu have seen them.

3) look at the list of 935 lies posted recently

stop being a fool

Guest Henry K

I am not crazy about Clinton's war support, but those people who harp on it do not understand government.

Most Democrats were playing the role of "loyal opposition" in the time of crisis. Congress always defers to the president then especially in regards to foreign policy. You also have to remember that the information that Congress acted on was filtered, spun, by the White House. Until they know different, they have to trust the president, of course we now know different.

I am worried that Clinton also seems ambivalent about opposition to the administration in terms of Iran. Unfortunately, she has to play "tough guy" as a female and democrat running for President or people will get all over her for being weak.

Guest Coulter Moonbat Alert
I am not crazy about Clinton's war support, but those people who harp on it do not understand government.

Most Democrats were playing the role of "loyal opposition" in the time of crisis. Congress always defers to the president then especially in regards to foreign policy. You also have to remember that the information that Congress acted on was filtered, spun, by the White House. Until they know different, they have to trust the president, of course we now know different.

I am worried that Clinton also seems ambivalent about opposition to the administration in terms of Iran. Unfortunately, she has to play "tough guy" as a female and democrat running for President or people will get all over her for being weak.

"Loyal opposition?????"

There has been NO opposition for about 7 years!! THAT'S why this country is SO DELETE up right now and THAT'S why Hillary doesn't get my vote!

Hillary: "Ewwwwww! I didn't know that Bush would invade if I voted that way!"

Bullcrap! Even I knew the DELETED was going to mess everything up with his little invasion.

Guest historian

someone as ignorant to the facts of this situation as you are should have their right to vote taken away.

Guest Henry K

So post #23 who are you going to vote for.

Bush as much as dared the democrats to oppose him. They were afraid of getting crucified by the media and Rovites of the republican right. No guts, no glory.

So, who is left?

Has anybody noticed that McCain will be 72 before he could be sworn in? We already have had one president with Alzheimer's. You know the one, he sold arms to Iran and befriended Saddam.

Archived