Mr. Ryan goes to Albany

Ed Arzouian

MATT RYAN IN ALBANY AT A MEETING OF THE NEW YORK STATE CONFERENCE OF MAYORS (NYCOM):

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that says personnel costs are killing you but you keep hiring more city employees and giving raises to all your personal staff? How'd you get away with that, I'd sure like to try it."

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that wants to build a needless roundabout downtown that won't have any positve effect on vehicular traffic patterns, will impede pedestrian access, gobble up green space, diminish parking spaces and cost your city a matching $2,000,000 or more it doesn't have?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that wants to dissolve the local police force while violent crime in your city rose 42% in 18 months and larceny rose 22% in a one year? Does that scare you a bit?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that has more firefighters per capita than any of the rest of us and don't you spend about twice as much per capita on them than all the rest of us? How can you afford it?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that joined the picket line against Time Warner Cable for a few employees from Utica? Well, I'm the Mayor of Utica, why don't you mind your own business?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that gave away a hotel for a fraction of its cost?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that torn down only a half of derelict building at the owner's expense and then saddled taxpayer with demolishing the other half?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that cannot figure out how to pick up the garbage across the street from your city Hall every weekend. I tripped over that stuff after a hockey game once. I never went back.?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that appointed a guy who never held a job a before as your Executive Assistant?

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that shoved a 48-year old woman around a laundroMatt in 2003 and police had to break it up? Boy, your newspaper sure cut you a break not reporting that stuff, mine would have really let me have it."

"HEY, I'D SHAKE YOUR HAND BUT I HEARD YOU WERE THAT GUY FROM BINGHAMTON."

I don't get it. This guy is from J.C.. Why does he care what happens in Binghamton? :blink:

because he says that since he works in binghamton he can post on it. translation...he is obsessed with the mayor. and i can promise you he will respond to you with his typical rhetoric of we should all care about binghamton and the tax increase. he is a blowhard.

I don't get it. This guy is from J.C.. Why does he care what happens in Binghamton? :blink:

Why do you care about what he cares about? The only people who have an interest in getting Ed to stop on a daily basis would seem to be the people he is railing against.

I don't like the useless threads that restless makes around here, but I don't feel the need to constantly tell him that. I just ignore them. Maybe you should too. All you're doing is encouraging him by giving him the impression that someone out there wants to stop him.

But he is correct.

Poptart is not even from NY State nor does he work here.

Why is he commenting on anything at all?

Really i am not from ny state or i don't work here. lets see my drivers lisc says new york. i look out the window and see new york state. i pay ny taxes and i get money taken out of my paycheck for ny state. i was born in bighamton live in binghamton and i will die here. i am not sure where you get your info, but i do live and work in ny state. jack@$$

Funny, Poptart, I must have been misinformed:

Mr. Poptart has over 15 years experience in the analysis, design and fabrication of composite material structure. Mr. Poptart is responsible for the development and execution of technology programs for the application of composite materials. Mr. Poptart has been involved in several different aspects of composite material applications. In the area of micromechanics, Mr. Poptart has been responsible for the development and application of physically based materials characterizations in brittle and ductile failure applications. Mr. Poptart has been primarily involved with use of composites for Naval applications. He has acted as program manager on several applications of composites with the most recent work involving design, fabrication and evaluation of solid and cored fiberglass materials for topside Naval structures.

Mr. Poptart has B.S.M.E and M.S.M.E degrees from Villanova University and is a member of ASME, AIAA, SAMPE and Pi Tau Sigma.

Prove me wrong.

Funny, Poptart, I must have been misinformed:

Mr. Poptart has over 15 years experience in the analysis, design and fabrication of composite material structure. Mr. Poptart is responsible for the development and execution of technology programs for the application of composite materials. Mr. Poptart has been involved in several different aspects of composite material applications. In the area of micromechanics, Mr. Poptart has been responsible for the development and application of physically based materials characterizations in brittle and ductile failure applications. Mr. Poptart has been primarily involved with use of composites for Naval applications. He has acted as program manager on several applications of composites with the most recent work involving design, fabrication and evaluation of solid and cored fiberglass materials for topside Naval structures.

Mr. Poptart has B.S.M.E and M.S.M.E degrees from Villanova University and is a member of ASME, AIAA, SAMPE and Pi Tau Sigma.

Prove me wrong.

wow i am honored that you could go to a lot of trouble to find out information about me. and I would love to sit here and tell you that yes i did that...but i did not. I am just a humble man who went to tx a&m univ and works from home. i am a little scared where or how you would get any of this information. please enlighten me to how you got this info on someone.

wow i am honored that you could go to a lot of trouble to find out information about me. and I would love to sit here and tell you that yes i did that...but i did not. I am just a humble man who went to tx a&m univ and works from home. i am a little scared where or how you would get any of this information. please enlighten me to how you got this info on someone.

Pop (can I call you that?) --

Don't be afraid. It is more than likely Ed posting as a guest that listed those things. In a moment (when he pulls his face out from under his smelly turtleneck), he will more than likely tell you those were HIS accomplishments and he was attempting sarcastic wit.

Ho hum....

what is this a middle school forum?

no one knows poptart or cares what he has done in his life

i believe theres alot more people that have succeeded better than him

this isn't a bulletin to brag about crap like that

i belive the topic had to do with matt ryan

maybe you should make a new topic about poptart accomplishments in life

Pop (can I call you that?) --

Don't be afraid. It is more than likely Ed posting as a guest that listed those things. In a moment (when he pulls his face out from under his smelly turtleneck), he will more than likely tell you those were HIS accomplishments and he was attempting sarcastic wit.

Ho hum....

yes you may call me pop....yes i would be very suprised to find out that it wasn't ed. and my thought reading that was his littl sublte way to get info on me so i can be stalked. maybe i am thinking too much about this, but then again it is ed and we all know how unstable he is. and if you are correct in the assumption that those are his accomplishments, i am not impressed with someone who has to list what they have done.

and what do you want to bet that he comes back and says that he is not ed.

really i don't care...i don't know why ed chose to make this about me. trust me i know tht people have succeeded in life more than me. and as flattering as those accomplishments are, they are not mine. and yes this was about ryan but someone made it about me. hell i dont even care about me :lol:

No, dildo breath. This is not middle school, which would be way out of your league, anyway.

Why are you directing disdain at Pop? He isn't the one who listed "false" accomplishments. Ed, are you posting under ""Guest" repeatedly again (as you have done in the past) and talking to yourself again?

according to ed on another post, i live in allentown. i looked out the window and this sure looks like binghamton to me. allentown is good billy joel song, but i still live in binghamton. wow is that man sick.

It' not his fault, Pop. He keeps his turtleneck pulled up past his nose most of the time, so his brain doesn't have much opportunity to get fresh oxygen. :lol: :lol:

Getting back to the original subject at hand (based on an article in today's "Press" which reports that Mayor Ryan wants NYCOM to push for more federal funding of local roadwork) . . .

The way the City's budget is going, pretty soon the only department that will have the funding available to get anything done will be the Fire Department. The sad thing, though, is that they may have a hard time getting anywhere in the City to do it.

Mayor Ryan should not be looking to the federal government (or the state government, either, for that matter) to provide him or this City with a "bailout" when his administration does not make it a budget priority to maintain, re-pave, and reconstruct our City's streets. If you look at the current City budget, you will see that General Fund spending on roadwork is minuscule (instead, the Ryan Administration looks to bonding [thus saddling future generations with an ever-increasing interest payment burden which, in the long term, only serves to increase costs and will make even less tax money available in the future to accomplish basic, necessary projects] to pay for what little roadwork the Mayor will accomplish). At the same time, some of this money will be squandered on unnecessary project designs, such as the proposed downtown roundabout (when you go to the St. Patrick's Day parade next weekend, try to imagine how the parade would get past a roundabout, as well as how wide-bodied fire trucks and ambulances won't be able to pass SUVs in narrow 14'-wide lanes [especially if there are mounds of snow piled alongside them in winter] created by excessive curbing and medians planted with trees).

If this City's budget showed that infrastructure maintenance was a REAL priority (instead of squandering what federal dollars our City does receive non-productively on frivolous and/or redundant Planning Department and Economic Development positions, non-essential projects [roundabout, riverwalk, downtown wi-fi, GPS for City vehicles, etc.] as well as cronyism such as risky BLDC loans and contracts to insiders [structured in ways that escape competitive bidding requirements]), maybe Mayor Ryan's plea would have some credibility.

Were the City to make a commitment to spend what it ought to in order to carry out a systematic 15-year program/cycle for street maintenance (so that ALL City streets would routinely be kept in good condition), that would go a long way toward creating good-paying family-supporting middle-class jobs in our community and would be a tremendous boon to economic development (after all, better roads are "safer streets" that are less likely to encourage criminal activity and make a more inviting "first impression" on potential business visitors and residents, and the good-paying engineering, Public Works, and construction industry jobs that would be funded would help promote stable neighborhoods, home ownership, and an increased customer base for local businesses), much more so than whatever impact (I don't see it, do you?) current "initiatives" and "pacts" are having.

(P.S.: I am NOT Ed A., and I DO own a home [and pay property taxes] in Binghamton).

Getting back to the original subject at hand (based on an article in today's "Press" which reports that Mayor Ryan wants NYCOM to push for more federal funding of local roadwork) . . .

The way the City's budget is going, pretty soon the only department that will have the funding available to get anything done will be the Fire Department.

Mayor Ryan should not be looking to the federal government (or the state government, either, for that matter) to provide him or this City with a "bailout" when his administration does not make it a budget priority to maintain, re-pave, and reconstruct our City's streets. If you look at the current City budget, you will see that General Fund spending on roadwork is minuscule (instead, the Ryan Administration looks to bonding [thus saddling future generations with an ever-increasing interest payment burden which, in the long term, only serves to increase costs and will make even less tax money available in the future to accomplish basic, necessary projects] to pay for what little roadwork the Mayor will accomplish). At the same time, some of this money will be squandered on unnecessary project designs, such as the proposed downtown roundabout (when you go to the St. Patrick's Day parade next weekend, try to imagine how the parade would get past a roundabout, as well as how wide-bodied fire trucks in ambulances won't be able to pass SUVs in narrow 14'-wide lanes [especially if there are mounds of snow piled alongside them in winter] created by excessive curbing and medians planted with trees).

If this City's budget showed that infrastructure maintenance was a REAL priority (instead of squandering what federal dollars our City does receive non-productively on frivolous and/or redundant Planning Department and Economic Development positions, non-essential projects [roundabout, riverwalk, downtown wi-fi, GPS for City vehicles, etc.] as well as cronyism such as risky BLDC loans and contracts to insiders [structured in ways that escape competitive bidding requirements]), maybe Mayor Ryan's plea would have some credibility.

Were the City to make a commitment to spend what it ought to in order to carry out a systematic 15-year program/cycle for street maintenance (so that ALL City streets would routinely be kept in good condition), that would go a long way toward creating good-paying family-supporting middle-class jobs in our community and would be a tremendous boon to economic development (after all, better roads are "safer streets" that are less likely to encourage criminal activity and make a more inviting "first impression" on potential business visitors and residents, and the good-paying engineering, Public Works, and construction industry jobs that would be funded would help promote stable neighborhoods, home ownership, and an increased customer base for local businesses), much more so than whatever impact (I don't see it, do you?) current "initiatives" and "pacts" are having.

(P.S.: I am NOT Ed A., and I DO own a home [and pay property taxes] in Binghamton).

Can you give me the Cliff Notes for the above? Thanks! ;)

The way the City's budget is going, pretty soon the only department that will have the funding available to get anything done will be the Fire Department.

Mayor Ryan should not be looking to the federal government (or the state government, either, for that matter) to provide him or this City with a "bailout" when his administration does not make it a budget priority to maintain, re-pave, and reconstruct our City's streets. If you look at the current City budget, you will see that General Fund spending on roadwork is minuscule (instead, the Ryan Administration looks to bonding [thus saddling future generations with an ever-increasing interest payment burden which, in the long term, only serves to increase costs and will make even less tax money available in the future to accomplish basic, necessary projects] to pay for what little roadwork the Mayor will accomplish). At the same time, some of this money will be squandered on unnecessary project designs, such as the proposed downtown roundabout (when you go to the St. Patrick's Day parade next weekend, try to imagine how the parade would get past a roundabout, as well as how wide-bodied fire trucks in ambulances won't be able to pass SUVs in narrow 14'-wide lanes [especially if there are mounds of snow piled alongside them in winter] created by excessive curbing and medians planted with trees).

i agree that if he thinks that the roads are a priority, thenhe should take the first step and inniative to fix the roads that he has jurisdiciotn over, then ask the state for funding to repair the state owned roads. I don't agree with things that he has done but would prefer to discuss it here like adults rather to bash the decision makers.

Guest Mr Positive

Is this jerk Ryan for real?

Ryan can't maintain our roads because the federal government is going to give taxpayer 600 dollars of THEIR OWN MONEY BACK?

Give me a break.

He has a tax levy that's supposed to raise the money necessary to maintain roads and infrastructure.

What he and every other elected official ought to be working on are ways to increase assessed property values, get more properties back on the tax rolls and make Binghamton more inviting to businesses and young families.

Everything he's done since taking office has had the exact opposite effect.

How have vegetable gardens raised property values and increased the tax levy?

How has his deliberate expansion of non-profit housing schemes with his buddies Tim Grippen and Jerry Willard raised property values?

What kind of negative effect has Binghamton's significant increase in violent crime since he took office had on the city's ability to attract people and investment?

All he is doing is looking to pass the buck and shift the blame for his own failures do his own job right here in his little neck of the wood where he is in charge.

Never mind blaming Washington....worry about your own problems, resolve your own issues first before you tackle federal tax policy.

You can't even maintain your own local roads and keep a 4 block area of downtown clean....and YOU want to lecture Washington on federal tax policy?

Have another beer, you idiot.

Like it or not, this is amusing...

MATT RYAN IN ALBANY AT A MEETING OF THE NEW YORK STATE CONFERENCE OF MAYORS (NYCOM):

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that says personnel costs are killing you but you keep hiring more city employees and giving raises to all your personal staff? How'd you get away with that, I'd sure like to try it."

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that wants to build a needless roundabout downtown that won't have any positve effect on vehicular traffic patterns, will impede pedestrian access, gobble up green space, diminish parking spaces and cost your city a matching $2,000,000 or more it doesn't have?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that wants to dissolve the local police force while violent crime in your city rose 42% in 18 months and larceny rose 22% in a one year? Does that scare you a bit?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that has more firefighters per capita than any of the rest of us and don't you spend about twice as much per capita on them than all the rest of us? How can you afford it?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that joined the picket line against Time Warner Cable for a few employees from Utica? Well, I'm the Mayor of Utica, why don't you mind your own business?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that gave away a hotel for a fraction of its cost?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that torn down only a half of derelict building at the owner's expense and then saddled taxpayer with demolishing the other half?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that cannot figure out how to pick up the garbage across the street from your city Hall every weekend. I tripped over that stuff after a hockey game once. I never went back.?"

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that appointed a guy who never held a job a before as your Executive Assistant?

"Hey, are you that guy from Binghamton that shoved a 48-year old woman around a laundroMatt in 2003 and police had to break it up? Boy, your newspaper sure cut you a break not reporting that stuff, mine would have really let me have it."

"HEY, I'D SHAKE YOUR HAND BUT I HEARD YOU WERE THAT GUY FROM BINGHAMTON."

Have you drove around this city lately? after this winter there wont be any street that wont need resurfacing and Rainbow Ryan thinks the fed should bail him out?

This guy is really stuck in high school if you ask me! hey Ryan!! maybe you could use all the proceeds from your Mayors Ball and put it toward street repairs!

You are constantly asking the taxpayers what they want to see get done and when we tell you you hire another flunky and forget what they told you.

Maybe we can get lucky and you will get run over by a BC Tansit bus while you stand in the middle of your ficticious roundabout! (for us it would be as good as winning the MEGA)

The word on the street is that anybody with any sense wont run for Mayor so i guess you will get another gift of four more years.

I hope by that time i will be gone from this stinking hell hole somebody has deemed "GREATER BINGHAMTON" who ever thought of that one was on crack thats for sure the only return on that was a cost of a million dolars or so to the taxpayers.

While im ranting and raving here i would like to know why goverment needs to run advertising that only makes it as far as the local viewing area? another big waste of tax dollars.

Well i could go on and on here but why bother Ryan-Fiala and Libous only do what they want to anyways after all its THEIR money they're spending not ours!

Can you give me the Cliff Notes for the above? Thanks! ;)

Sure, happy to! ----- I'd summarize it for you like this:

Let's have "MORE BLACKTOP, less boondoggle [and clean water for all]!"

(Please note that I'm using the quotes/brackets, etc. so nobody will think I am trying to "pull an Obama" by plagiarizing the original City Council speaker who said this best).

Archived