Who's a good wedding photographer?

Guest guest

Need someone with good equipment who takes great pictures and can be trusted not to screw up. Reasonably priced, and we probably want to get a video too. Any suggestions? (the wedding's in October)

Tommy Brown in Oxford. He is amazing. He did our wedding. No posing no bossing around. He is artistic and finds the shots naturally. We were very pleased. He is rather expensive but his work is great.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Mick Dwyer. He does pictures and video.

And he drives limo too. Does he DJ or make wedding cakes? He could be one stop shop for all your wedding needs.

Guest PacoMaco

Richard Mardex does a great job. However, here are the downsides:

1) Arrogant jerk. Bossed his assistant (wife) around the whole time.

2) Expensive, and he tries to upsell you into things not in the contract.

3) Is so slow taking pictures that he holds up your entire reception. I finally told him enough was enough and we went back to partying.

And he drives limo too. Does he DJ or make wedding cakes? He could be one stop shop for all your wedding needs.

Mick is like the family from the Hey Mon! sketch on "In Living Color" - he has 8 jobs.

I used to work for Oakdale. It's pricey, but they do a great job. Ask for Joe if you want traditional wedding photos, Mike if you want something a little more edgey or contemporary, or Jeanette if you want something a bit softer. They're all great people and REALLY professional.

Consults are free, and you can get a free photo shoot of you and yours-to-be if you sit through a conslutation. Not bad! If you have a big budget for photos they have LOTS of options. There's room for smaller budgets too, and everything is pretty flexible.

Why must you be mean? You must be a miserable wretch.

Why must you be mean? You must be a miserable wretch.

If you can afford it, Precious Moments of Owego. They did our wedding and were unbelieveable! Totally worth the money that we spent. Remember, your pictures will probably be the best and only thing that you have to look at years from now to remember your big day, so don't cheap out on your photographer, my brother did and they completely regret it.

I used to work for Oakdale. It's pricey, but they do a great job. Ask for Joe if you want traditional wedding photos, Mike if you want something a little more edgey or contemporary, or Jeanette if you want something a bit softer. They're all great people and REALLY professional.

Consults are free, and you can get a free photo shoot of you and yours-to-be if you sit through a conslutation. Not bad! If you have a big budget for photos they have LOTS of options. There's room for smaller budgets too, and everything is pretty flexible.

Oakdale Images did my daughters wedding about 10 yrs. ago and they were excellent! I don't think the photographer that took her pictures is still there. The color was beautiful and some different shots that I had never seen done before.

Rich Anderson did a very poor job at our wedding. He was not outrageous priced, but the quality and the shots were very poor. We wish Rich would have put a little time and effort, and caring in our job. It really was a bummer.

Altar imaging did our wedding and some of our friends. They were great to work with, variety of prices and they get everything to you fast. It is a husband and wife team. www.altarimaging.com. We loved our pictures and would highly recommend them.

Guest Joe Zell Fanclub

Joe Zell is the best damn photographer you will find in the Triple Cities. If Joe can't get you to smile and look great in your pictures, you don't have a personality to begin with.

Joe Zell Forever.

Guest Guest Bride

Kathy Davanzo at Soleil Studios is really good and inexpensive she did our wedding (which was out of town-no extra travel charge!)...she now has a partner, so they may have more availablility. Website is www.photographybysoleilstudios.com

Carlton Barbour from Kirkwood..he's in the book..

will come to your house to discuss your options. Prices are GREAT as are his photos

he IS the cheapest in the area..believe me, we just found him for our wedding....and that was after talking to Anderson, Oakdale images etc..we are talking 600 bucks for 4 hours, and if you need him longer than that-he doesn't screw you for every cent you own.

wendy from silver image photographics is awesome. she's very personable and a true classic professional. she took pictures of my kiddies recently that everyone raves about. call her, she rocks!

Rich Anderson did a very poor job at our wedding. He was not outrageous priced, but the quality and the shots were very poor. We wish Rich would have put a little time and effort, and caring in our job. It really was a bummer.

Could you elaborate a bit? We've heard his name mentioned a lot and we're considering him if he's available.

What about a photographer from one of the local studios (Oakdale, Eastman, Chenango, etc..)? Or do they simply do the "same old same old" traditional shots?

eastman is terrible. he husband is a putz. she will completely drive you crazy with her high pitched voice and her incredible ditziness.

Archived