why do police/fire get drunk in uniform after parade

Guest the mad scientist

How can you assess a BAC from a still photo?

Because the Mad Scientist is an expert on all. He's watched thousands of episodes of "Cops". He knows what a .08 drunk looks like. He also must work on the 4th floor of city hall. Must work with one to know one.

it says it all they all seem to do it I will take many photos we will see who is in uniform and who is dwi. than wbng tv will post them.

If there's a God in this world, you'll be hit in the head by a chunk of falling concrete.

As a person who has worn uniforms for years, I believe it is completely unprofessional to drink while in uniform. Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion and free to act anyway you want to, don't expect me to respect your or your organization. When you are in uniform you represent not only your organization but also the entire emergency service you are associated with (i.e. fire, police, ems, etc.). It is harmful to the image of everyone else who also wears the uniform. Like it or not, people in uniform are (and should be) held to a higher standard than the general public.

If you want to drink and have fun go right ahead, just take the uniform off before you do. If you don't, you open yourself, your organization, and your service to legitimate criticism.

"SIG 226 .40" is mis-informed.

page 48 of 2008 City of Binghamton budget funds $130,815 for Police uniforms.

page 51 of 2008 City of Binghamton budget funds $160,000 for Fire uniforms.

The above "Guest-Guest-*" poster shows great espirit-de-corps in recognizing that, while in uniform, you represent your organization and each and every fellow member therof.

The above "Guest-Guest-*" poster shows great espirit-de-corps in recognizing that, while in uniform, you represent your organization and each and every fellow member therof.

I said "MOST" officers. I meant that in general. NOT specifically Binghamton PD.

As a person who has worn uniforms for years, I believe it is completely unprofessional to drink while in uniform. Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion and free to act anyway you want to, don't expect me to respect your or your organization. When you are in uniform you represent not only your organization but also the entire emergency service you are associated with (i.e. fire, police, ems, etc.). It is harmful to the image of everyone else who also wears the uniform. Like it or not, people in uniform are (and should be) held to a higher standard than the general public.

If you want to drink and have fun go right ahead, just take the uniform off before you do. If you don't, you open yourself, your organization, and your service to legitimate criticism.

I don't need your respect

That's for Duty Police uniforms and Bunker gear for the firefighters. That has nothing to do with Class A uniforms there tiger. But nice try

If there's a God in this world, you'll be hit in the head by a chunk of falling concrete.

You know what? It's once a year and it's a chance to celebrate so i'll proudly wear my uniform as i have some drinks.

We all know the professionals have a clothing allowance. This is obviously a volly responding. BTW the vollies are also the ones you see walking down the street,or on the back of rigs with alcohol-not the professionals. Almost every professional I know changes out of their uniform after the parade and before going to their party at the KOC. They used to meet at that dump on Susquehana Street (cant remember the name) before and have a few drinks But you will rarely see them walking around the city with an open container. There is always the exception- they just dont get it, professionals dont act that way

Archived