CV Cheers wins states

Guest Guest

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

like it was already said, UE already beat ALL of these teams. the state competition is the exact same as CNY comp and UE wins it year after year after year. soooo thanks.

Guest Guest
like it was already said, UE already beat ALL of these teams. the state competition is the exact same as CNY comp and UE wins it year after year after year. soooo thanks.

NOOOO ONEEE CAREESSSSSSSS. UE didn't win this one. Obviously UE is good.. no one said any different but this time its about CV, If you dont want to hear about CV Cheerleading, Stay out of the topic named "CV CHEER WINS" god. get over yourselves.

Guest guest
NOOOO ONEEE CAREESSSSSSSS. UE didn't win this one. Obviously UE is good.. no one said any different but this time its about CV, If you dont want to hear about CV Cheerleading, Stay out of the topic named "CV CHEER WINS" god. get over yourselves.

alrightt.. lets look at it this way (not trying to bring up stac or anything) BUT if neither of these two teams competed against eachother at STACS. Well STAC would be a joke. There would be no competition and its good that these two teams keep the other one working hard. I mean CV would have no tumbling if it werent for UE. They were inspired by UE to go to one up..and get some standings, Even though they're not the best (landing on your head handsprings).. ehh well they try.

Lets let CV have their season to shine. Cause i mean they know that if UE went to states then there PROBABLY would have been a different outcome.. not saying UE would have won or anything...but c'mon we all know whos the better team with the better routine. But its alright UE didnt need to go to states to prove that their the best. They already beat the teams up there anyway.

Guest guest
hahaha well im sure the cv cheerleaders would love to be broadway dancers becuase hm im pretty sure they get paid the most out of any pro dancer. and yes im pretty sure cv also competed against all stars, cny storm to be certian and they beat them as well. thanks

umm yeahh congrats on beating cy storm.. i mean they're just the cleanest all star team i've ever seen..

Dont get me wrong they're alright.. they've got good stunts. But all star teams are sloppy and even though cny goes to nationals...i would have put money down that UE or CV could beat them anyday.

Guest guest

CV PMS

Guest Guest

UE people, get over it. They did not go,,therefore they did not win. Cv beat them in the stac, therefore they did not win. Inthe spirit of competition that means CV won,,UE did not. the coulda woulda and shoulda's are stupid and ingorant. CB went to states and won, and they beat UE here, so friggin drop it!

Guest Guest

The UE Gods have spoken. There is nobody in the world better than the UE cheerleaders. Nobody.

Well - - except for the UE parents of the cheerleaders. Maybe the UE faithful. Wait - - there are the pets. Wait - - all the other cheerleading squads I'm positive support UE

But c'mon we all know whos the better team with the better routine.

This whole post is soooooo ridiculous. The only thing missing is Dr. Phil coming to UE High School to counsel the distraught students and parents after a disaster. We have so many other things to whine about and we have 2 pages of we are better than you and we didn't need to go to states. Total BS. You didn't win this year - sorry. You will probably win next year - good luck. But lets move on here.

Guest guest
The UE Gods have spoken. There is nobody in the world better than the UE cheerleaders. Nobody.

Well - - except for the UE parents of the cheerleaders. Maybe the UE faithful. Wait - - there are the pets. Wait - - all the other cheerleading squads I'm positive support UE

This whole post is soooooo ridiculous. The only thing missing is Dr. Phil coming to UE High School to counsel the distraught students and parents after a disaster. We have so many other things to whine about and we have 2 pages of we are better than you and we didn't need to go to states. Total BS. You didn't win this year - sorry. You will probably win next year - good luck. But lets move on here.

I accept your apology:]

Thanks for the luck!

duudee and i wish DPHIL could come to our school that'd be awesome!!

Guest guest.

CV won! Get over yourselves. CV is amazing and so is UE. As someone said already, STACS was like 4 weeks ago. Let CV have their glory moment again. They deserve it. Plus, CV does not have the same routine over and over again. They always have new choreography and new stunts every single time they compete. And I'm not saying UE does either. They bring their hardest to the floor.

CONGRATS CV!! You ladies are amazing.

Guest Guest
alrightt.. lets look at it this way (not trying to bring up stac or anything) BUT if neither of these two teams competed against eachother at STACS. Well STAC would be a joke. There would be no competition and its good that these two teams keep the other one working hard. I mean CV would have no tumbling if it werent for UE. They were inspired by UE to go to one up..and get some standings, Even though they're not the best (landing on your head handsprings).. ehh well they try.

Lets let CV have their season to shine. Cause i mean they know that if UE went to states then there PROBABLY would have been a different outcome.. not saying UE would have won or anything...but c'mon we all know whos the better team with the better routine. But its alright UE didnt need to go to states to prove that their the best. They already beat the teams up there anyway.

I'm from M-E (we came in 3rd, for those of you who didn't attend STAC competition). First of all, UE and CV weren't THAT many points above the teams that placed below you, I believe UE was 14.5 points above M-E, and I'm sure that's hard for you to swallow since you fancy yourself miles above the rest. If not for the money you and CV make by winning STACs each year and hosting the event, you wouldn't have as good a program as you currently have. I don't see why they don't rotate the host each year like they do for CYO, but that's another post entirely...

Also, I watched the DVD many, many times, and just as I remember from watching that day, the cold hard facts are that CV had a clean, splashy, slamming performance, they operate as a unit, with great stunts and a lot of visual impact. Their stunts and tumbles were clean with the exception of the right group dropping a stunt early.

UE had more 'wow' moments, but, I had a hard time deciding what to watch when it was going on, it wasn't a cohesive routine, it was more like a 3 ring circus, where I couldn't decide where to look. I mostly watched the guy tumble, and he was great, but then I couldn't really remember what else UE did when it was over. If you have the DVD, watch each routine, blur and blur eyes a bit while you do, and see how CV moves all together, precisely, and perfectly, and it's gorgeous. UE is out there doing a dog and pony show. It's hard to describe. Both are very talented, I don't take any of UE's abilities away, but CV just put on a better show.

And, UE is not without its many errors in this routine, one girl fell right on her rump after a stunt! I know there were other deductions for some of the tumbling, which is just carelessness on their part for not knowing what is legal and what is not legal.

UE, for once, be classy, just suck it up and deal. CV was the better squad that day, and CV put on a better show that day. And apparently, CV proved it wasn't a fluke, as they came home from States with a 1st place trophy. It's not only my opinion, apparently several judges at STACs and at States also agreed.

Congratulations CV.

P.S. Feel free now to bash M-E, CV, and all the other squads. It only makes you look small-minded, and we already know that about you.

Guest Guest 12345

The "A" medium size (11-15 cheerleaders) teams in States that CV competed against were Phoenix, Mexico, Baldwinsville. All good size schools in the Syracuse area. Liverpool was in the "A" large division (16-20 Cheerleaders) all by themselves. CV Scored higher than Liverpool also... The girls did great!

Guest sports_please
The "A" medium size (11-15 cheerleaders) teams in States that CV competed against were Phoenix, Mexico, Baldwinsville. All good size schools in the Syracuse area. Liverpool was in the "A" large division (16-20 Cheerleaders) all by themselves. CV Scored higher than Liverpool also... The girls did great!

Once again please this is not a state championship, its a small invitational of CNY schools, stop claiming you won a state title. NYS does not recognize cheerleading as a sport and has no plans to either. Just because some group wants to hold what they call "NYS Cheerleading Championships" doesn't mean it is a state championship, the team that one the Syracuse area crown was in Niagara Falls at another invitational instead of this one.

I appreciate all the skill and ability it takes to do these routines. The girls work their butts off and are tremendously skilled at what they do, but until NYS changes its mind and recognizes it there is not state title for something that isn't sanctioned.

Guest Guest

I respectfully disagree with all the posts that say a state title is not a state title. The teams have no control over who participates. You either go or not. During football season, there were a bunch of folks saying the States didn't include Long Island or the Catholic schools. When baseball season comes around, someone will tell you the Yankees aren't playing but the Mets are. The one constant is: If it looks like states and is billed as states, then it is States. If you didn't make it, try again next year. If you did make it, do the best you can do and cherish the memories. We just finished Swimming & Diving States and had several local people place in the top 20. Nowhere do you see anyone saying they were not really the states. But I bet not every school in NYS participated.

Bottom line - everybody needs to grow up and look more often at the glass half full side of life than half empty. To the UE folks bashing CV - shame on you for acting like children. To the CV folks making idiotic replies - shame on you for stooping to their level. Both programs did great and should be commended.

Guest guesttt

just wondering if anyone remembers when SV went to states (the same one that cv just went to) last year and them coming home with 2nd place overall. they also won the choreography award. can people please look at the other great schools such as SV, ME, and HOrseheads. not everything is about UE and Cv they get sooo old.

Guest Guest

let me just show you a different view...

Fairport high school in Rochester won nationals two years ago. First, do you think they were at this so called "state competition"? No. ANYWAY, when speaking to someone from this same team, I showed her the video of UE's routine. she said that UE has the most amazing tosses shes ever seen. Those same tosses are the reason CV beat UE. The one and only reason. Not because they had a better routine, not because they were more syncronized, not because they had better ANYTHING. It is simply because STAC has some of the stupidest and pointless rules when it comes to cheerleading. I am not saying that UE shouldnt have to follow these rules, they know they made a mistake, and theyve paid the consequences. But maybe STAC should reevaluate some of their restrictions. For example, in other areas of the state they have sectional competitions for cheerleading. For the first time, I think EVER, I will say congrats to CV for winning. No one is trying to take this away from you, because I am sure you worked extremely hard. But as did UE, and maybe you shouldnt try and take away their STAC victory. Maybe they didnt officially win, but in reality they did, and all you CV cheerleaders and fans KNOW that they did. Just because you came in first by default doesnt mean you actually won.

Guest Guest
But as did UE, and maybe you shouldnt try and take away their STAC victory. Maybe they didnt officially win, but in reality they did, and all you CV cheerleaders and fans KNOW that they did. Just because you came in first by default doesnt mean you actually won.

Total BS. YOU DID NOT WIN - - PERIOD. UE - - you were not the best this year.

I'm sorry to say that UE lost. Am I going to see this in July????

The competition was several weeks ago. I could give a crap about any team two years ago.

WOW

STAC has some of the stupidest and pointless rules when it comes to cheerleading

Quit DELETED and change the rules if you don't like them. For example, section 5.3.3A says this rule only applies to UE. All other schools are exempt because UE is sooo much better than everyone else. I'll bet there is a 6.5.2.3.4 that states UE doesn't even need to know what the rules are, nor do they need to follow the rules - - because they are UE.

Give me a break - - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
let me just show you a different view...

Fairport high school in Rochester won nationals two years ago. First, do you think they were at this so called "state competition"? No. ANYWAY, when speaking to someone from this same team, I showed her the video of UE's routine. she said that UE has the most amazing tosses shes ever seen. Those same tosses are the reason CV beat UE. The one and only reason. Not because they had a better routine, not because they were more syncronized, not because they had better ANYTHING. It is simply because STAC has some of the stupidest and pointless rules when it comes to cheerleading. I am not saying that UE shouldnt have to follow these rules, they know they made a mistake, and theyve paid the consequences. But maybe STAC should reevaluate some of their restrictions. For example, in other areas of the state they have sectional competitions for cheerleading. For the first time, I think EVER, I will say congrats to CV for winning. No one is trying to take this away from you, because I am sure you worked extremely hard. But as did UE, and maybe you shouldnt try and take away their STAC victory. Maybe they didnt officially win, but in reality they did, and all you CV cheerleaders and fans KNOW that they did. Just because you came in first by default doesnt mean you actually won.

actually throwing your head below your waist in a toss is a federal rule, not a STAC rule. so technically it is not STACs fault that they didnt let the rule slide for UE.

Guest Guest
I respectfully disagree with all the posts that say a state title is not a state title. The teams have no control over who participates. You either go or not. During football season, there were a bunch of folks saying the States didn't include Long Island or the Catholic schools. When baseball season comes around, someone will tell you the Yankees aren't playing but the Mets are. The one constant is: If it looks like states and is billed as states, then it is States. If you didn't make it, try again next year. If you did make it, do the best you can do and cherish the memories. We just finished Swimming & Diving States and had several local people place in the top 20. Nowhere do you see anyone saying they were not really the states. But I bet not every school in NYS participated.

Not every school in the state has to compete to have a state title, but NYS has to sanction it and this cheerleading thing is not sanctioned by the NYSPHSAA. That is the only group that can hand out a NYS title for HS sports. That group does not include cheerleading s a sport, they will not sanction it as an event. Until they do (like they do for Football, Basketball, Soccer, Golf, Wrestling, Track, X-C, Volleyball, etc..) this event means nothing.

The same day of this competition, there was a larger cheerleading contest with more teams in Niagara Falls, but it doesn't call itself the NYS State Championships. With a whopping 2 sections (3&4) represented at your contest and 4 (3,5,6 & CHSAA) at the other which one would really have more claim to a state champion?

Guest Guest
I'm from M-E (we came in 3rd, for those of you who didn't attend STAC competition). First of all, UE and CV weren't THAT many points above the teams that placed below you, I believe UE was 14.5 points above M-E, and I'm sure that's hard for you to swallow since you fancy yourself miles above the rest. If not for the money you and CV make by winning STACs each year and hosting the event, you wouldn't have as good a program as you currently have. I don't see why they don't rotate the host each year like they do for CYO, but that's another post entirely...

Also, I watched the DVD many, many times, and just as I remember from watching that day, the cold hard facts are that CV had a clean, splashy, slamming performance, they operate as a unit, with great stunts and a lot of visual impact. Their stunts and tumbles were clean with the exception of the right group dropping a stunt early.

UE had more 'wow' moments, but, I had a hard time deciding what to watch when it was going on, it wasn't a cohesive routine, it was more like a 3 ring circus, where I couldn't decide where to look. I mostly watched the guy tumble, and he was great, but then I couldn't really remember what else UE did when it was over. If you have the DVD, watch each routine, blur and blur eyes a bit while you do, and see how CV moves all together, precisely, and perfectly, and it's gorgeous. UE is out there doing a dog and pony show. It's hard to describe. Both are very talented, I don't take any of UE's abilities away, but CV just put on a better show.

And, UE is not without its many errors in this routine, one girl fell right on her rump after a stunt! I know there were other deductions for some of the tumbling, which is just carelessness on their part for not knowing what is legal and what is not legal.

UE, for once, be classy, just suck it up and deal. CV was the better squad that day, and CV put on a better show that day. And apparently, CV proved it wasn't a fluke, as they came home from States with a 1st place trophy. It's not only my opinion, apparently several judges at STACs and at States also agreed.

Congratulations CV.

P.S. Feel free now to bash M-E, CV, and all the other squads. It only makes you look small-minded, and we already know that about you.

k will do....NOT!

haha wow. Someones obsessed with UE and CV cheering!

Guest Guest

Ok - now I'm starting to get the picture.

It's OK for anyone else to call these states but not CV.

From UE:

But its alright UE didnt need to go to states to prove that their the best. They already beat the teams up there anyway.

From ME:

Sounds like a double standard to me.

Archived