Tioga Downs....buh bye

Guest Nodda Gambler

I"ve gone to tioga downs quite a few times now and the last couple times i have noticed the machines hesitating while they are spinning....i plan on not going back!

Not to worry soon to be gone then you won't have to be paranoid about losing your pay check.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Silentone
Not to worry soon to be gone then you won't have to be paranoid about losing your pay check.
now Mr Gural decided to stay open after all what about your threat of closing you have screwed with the employees long enough and you have lied what comes comes around and before you know Mr Gural you are going to complain for more money and we will not bail you out anymore i say close your damn failed tracks down and see if we care!!!

Your all a bunch of ignorant winers seriously if you dont like it dont come back, but I work there and there are quite a few winners there daily. You people complaining are just upset cause you have not won there yet. But then again you people must be loaded and have other great ideas for fun in this area that your currently in the process of building right? For everyone of you who complain there are 10 that love the place. thanks for your support of any kind of business and fun in this area, sleep well. We all will knowing you have better ideas that your building right now cant wait to visit so we can see how much better you do.

The horse racing on Sundays was great. Sitting in the stands on a nice summer day was so nice. Someting to do on a Sunday. We will miss that

Yeh while you spent your two bucks! Horse racing neve made it in this area you guys wont spend any money to support it you're just a bunch of rubberneckers.

If you don't like it don't go. why eliminate one of a limited number of entertainment venues in this area? Sorry you didn't win-how many "winners" do you know who gamble the slots anywhere? The "Greater Binghamton" area needs more to do, not less. When the horses are running its a cheap fun night out-you can bet a whole $2/ race, no parking or admission charge. People (not just poor people) love to gamble-why not here?

It is very hard to do business in NY state. Sixty percent of the profits go to the state. And TPWR wanted to take ten percent more for themselves so they could compete. Now it seems likely no one will be getting anything. No winners.

Guest supporterAB3B49

I think Garo sould work it out with owner to see if after the racing season he could run the drags in front of the grandstand. It would halp draw crowds,help with Garo's idea and add another attraction..How hard is that to think of?

I think Garo sould work it out with owner to see if after the racing season he could run the drags in front of the grandstand. It would halp draw crowds,help with Garo's idea and add another attraction..How hard is that to think of?

how hard is it to realize you need asphalt for drags, not dirt. mixing the two will not work.

Guest zippy the pinhead
This is funny, yet just as sad.

NYS does tax business's out of the state. I can name 7 that have moved in 4 months that were just braking even, by moving into PA they are now turning a profit.

Please name these so we can be up to date

Thanks

how hard is it to realize you need asphalt for drags, not dirt. mixing the two will not work.

The Horses never worked history proves this especially that location.........so put down concrete and asphalt for a 1/4 track and watch the money flow in!!

They will come!

Guest Close Tioga Downs now!
For the people say goodbye, how it if it was YOU losing your job. I think you would think differently. But probably some of you collect off the state anyway, so why would care.
oh excuse me Mr Supporter of Tioga Downs Libous we are sick of that place why did you dismantel it in the first place we dont give a damn about you or Lapardo you cry you need it for the contuents we are voting you and lapardo out of office you wanted tioga downs for your entertainment athority maybe its for the best to CLOSE IT DOWN! but theres more gambling and more convence at turning stone then in Tioga or Vernon Downs so i ll spend my money at Turning Stone thank you very much so good bye tioga downs and good rittens!

The Horses never worked history proves this especially that location.........so put down concrete and asphalt for a 1/4 track and watch the money flow in!!

They will come!

Let a private investor build whatever he/she/they desire as long as no tax dollars are used.

Guest youreajerk
http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NEWS01/80206024

The owner of Tioga Downs and Vernon Downs racetracks says he will shut down the tracks after an Assembly panel this week rejected a plan to increase the split of revenue to the ailing harness tracks.

Jeff Gural, chairman of American Racing, said this morning he will close Vernon, located near Syracuse, on Monday and Tioga Downs, near Nichols, at the end of the month.

Toodle-loo.

Is it me, or do you sound happy about the possible loss of another community business? Wow, the weirdest things make you happy. sicko.

Is it me, or do you sound happy about the possible loss of another community business? Wow, the weirdest things make you happy. sicko.

you are such a minorty in people of who care the majority of people in new york dont give a damn about a depressed place like Tioga Downs they want card games slots and real live racing unlike Tioga Downs Turning Stone and others have the real deal i hope you do close Gural no one likes you and your incomptent threats of closing if you can't get your way you cry and moan and groan that you want a tax break guess what Gural you are not getting one! LOSER!!!

you are such a minorty in people of who care the majority of people in new york dont give a damn about a depressed place like Tioga Downs they want card games slots and real live racing unlike Tioga Downs Turning Stone and others have the real deal i hope you do close Gural no one likes you and your incomptent threats of closing if you can't get your way you cry and moan and groan that you want a tax break guess what Gural you are not getting one! LOSER!!!

Huh? Could y'all try this one more time with punctuation so we could have a clue what you are blabbing about? On second thought, nevermind, I don't care what you were trying to say, I passed 6th grade many years ago, apparently you didn't.

incompetant threats...what the hell are you talking about? he closed Vernon, didn't he? he will close tioga too if they don't give him what he needs. do you really think this guy will go without, just because he cloes a couple of tracks and racinos? sounds to me that he would be $1,000,000 ahead per month. he can close tomorrow and probably just think of it as a bad dream. he will succeed because he is a doer, unlike most of you, including MARK YONATY.

OK lets see now you state that New York make 58 million with these 2 places operating ok I'll buy that.

Now you say do you think the state should fund them with our tax dollars ok honest question.

So if I say no don't give them say ohh I don't know 10 million they close.

And if I give them 10 million to help them make a profit the state will only make 48 million.

Hummm seems like a real tough decision to me.

And let's get something straight they don't want New York state to give them crap they want New York state to stop TAKING so much from them.

You must be a liberal.

In the article it said the proposed bill was to give $60 million to the 5 race tracks. What about next year? And the year after?

People need to spend their money in the economy, not squander it in a vicious cycle. They are paying extra taxes to keep open a business which takes their money and then payes extra taxes.

1. Employee works

2. Corporation gets taxed

3. Corporation gets double-taxed

4. Employee gets taxed (paycheck, property, gas, other being-alive in NYS taxes)

5. Employee gambles after work

6. Employee looses

7. Track Corporation gets taxed

8. Track Corporation gets double-taxed

9. Track Corporation gets triple-taxed for gambling revenue

10. State blows all the money

11. State raises taxes to subsidize race track

12. Jump to step 1, remember the taxes are now higher in step 4

In the article it said the proposed bill was to give $60 million to the 5 race tracks. What about next year? And the year after?

People need to spend their money in the economy, not squander it in a vicious cycle. They are paying extra taxes to keep open a business which takes their money and then payes extra taxes.

1. Employee works

2. Corporation gets taxed

3. Corporation gets double-taxed

4. Employee gets taxed (paycheck, property, gas, other being-alive in NYS taxes)

5. Employee gambles after work

6. Employee looses

7. Track Corporation gets taxed

8. Track Corporation gets double-taxed

9. Track Corporation gets triple-taxed for gambling revenue

10. State blows all the money

11. State raises taxes to subsidize race track

12. Jump to step 1, remember the taxes are now higher in step 4

They are giving them NOTHING what don't you understand from the words, they will allow them to keep their own profits instead of the state raping them for it!!!!!!!!

They are giving them NOTHING what don't you understand from the words, they will allow them to keep their own profits instead of the state raping them for it!!!!!!!!

HAHA!! THEY GOT THEIR DEAL TODAY, SO LOSERS, I AM OFF AND WINNING AGAIN :lol:

HAHA!! THEY GOT THEIR DEAL TODAY, SO LOSERS, I AM OFF AND WINNING AGAIN :lol:

I hope it's true they got their "deal" today. Just love to see those naysayers eating crow. lol

The State has decided not to take as much money as they had been doing at Tioga Downs. Tioga Downs originally kept 32% and now I think they will keep 40%. GLAD YOU'RE BACK!

You didn't think NYS was going to close these tracks did you?? The greedy state will lower its revenue take to keep them open. This is a state that operates on gambling revenue, just look at all the scratch-off games, lottery machine games ( lotto, take 5, etc.), quick draw in the bars, etc. This state has sucked in gambling money for years. Has it made us a better state in which to live? Is our education system top notch? How is the infrastructure? Does business love us and hire our residents? Are our taxes lower? Can you answer "yes" to any of these questions, because of the additional gambling revenue? Where does the money go, more and more government bureaucrats on the payroll, pork barrel spending, never ending tax exempt agencies, and the list goes on??

When you can't find a job because the educational system has pushed you through to graduation, you can't pay your bills, or buy a house, then just purchase a lottery ticket and hold your breath. Your prayers will be answered!

Archived