Tioga Downs....buh bye

Guest Nodda Gambler

This is funny, yet just as sad.

NYS does tax business's out of the state. I can name 7 that have moved in 4 months that were just braking even, by moving into PA they are now turning a profit.

The answer is no longer left up to the people, it's all about money. Our elected officials have made so many promises on the backs of the taxpayer, and then forgot about those promise's when they gained office, we have gotten use to it and just "accept it" as a way of life.

Places like tioga Downs is just one of many examples of places closing, jobs being lost, area welfare rates/unemployement rates, increase when people loose their job, regadless of how much it paid.

We, the people of NYS have lost our backbone to stand up to the people we elected into office and let them know that we are sick of business moving, we are sick of such high taxes, sick of allowing places like NYSEG and TWC to continue rake in FEES for own gain.

When will it stop ? Plainly, and sadly, it won't. Not until the people start to ban together and stand up and JUST SAY NO MORE. But that won't happen. See, we have become a people who would rather "accept and go along" rather then to take a stand because it is so much easier to "accept and go along" (remember when gas prices first hit 3 bucks a gallon how many people raised cane - but now...we've accepted it).

So when you sit there and whine and cry about how this business is leaving or that business is leaving, just remember something, as a tax payer you might have been able to stop them from closing or moving had you had the back bone to ban together and just say NO MORE ! ! ! ! !

Amen! Count me in, I still have a backbone. Anyone else? Remember the illegals and driver licenses, we did it once, stood up for our rights, and won. Let's continue.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived