Desperate cat situation

Guest Stephanie

Dont kill it or put it in a shelter!!!!!!!

If it really needs a home and will do it's duty in a litterbox, I will take it.

I dont know the animal but she will end up with a dog who doesnt even notice cats and two other cats in the house. Out back there are goats, a racoon, 5 rabbits, and two horses. As long as you think she can adjust to that, I will take it.

Beowulf...very nice offer, but I'm not sure the cat would like it down there on Court Street!

Guest Guest
Why should she make her problem someone elses problem? You don't just dump cats off on a farm because they have mice!

It wouldn't be making it someone elses problem. They LIKE to have cats around there. They feed strays to keep them around because they LIKE them there. It would be a hell of a lot better than being taken to a shelter or being put down dont you think???

Beowulf...very nice offer, but I'm not sure the cat would like it down there on Court Street!

Court street? WTF are you babbling about now?

Who said anything about court street?

It wouldn't be making it someone elses problem. They LIKE to have cats around there. They feed strays to keep them around because they LIKE them there. It would be a hell of a lot better than being taken to a shelter or being put down dont you think???

Sorry but I would not take ANY animal to Pleasant Hell Meat Line. That would be the same as putting it down.

I have seen more cases of cruelty to animals up there than I care to talk about.

Guest Guest

How could you not take your cat into consideration when you made plans to move? There are rentals that take pets. Then, once you made a decision to take a place that did not allow pets, how could you simply move and leave the cat to fend for itself? What were you thinking? Your stuff was moved. You made plans for your tv and couch. Growing up means more than getting bigger. Wait on kids!

Guest Guest

Do you own the farm in question? If you don't then it IS making it someone elses problem. No, I don't think abandoning a cat on someones farm is better than being taken to a shelter! At least if you take it to a shelter you KNOW it's being cared for.

Guest Guest
Do you own the farm in question? If you don't then it IS making it someone elses problem. No, I don't think abandoning a cat on someones farm is better than being taken to a shelter! At least if you take it to a shelter you KNOW it's being cared for.

Even though the OP found a home for the cat (yay!) I will explain to you what I meant. I used to work there for over eight years. I am close with the owners. We took in and fed any cat that came around because they helped with the mice. I was speaking from experience and I know the owners well and knew they wouldn't mind. I would make it a last resort of course; if I couldn't find a home for a cat I would take it there before I had it put to sleep. And I do KNOW it would have been cared for there. And it would be able to come and go as it pleased and not be stuck in a wire cage for who knows how long.

Guest Guest
I'm sure the owner's would appreciate you posting something like that on a public forum.

LOL. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few hundred cats being dumped on their farm now that the good ol' posters of BCVoice know they can just leave their unwanted animals there!

Guest Guest

Just can't please you people... no matter what. Someone was just giving some friendly advice and trying to help and you have to find fault in that. Shame on you. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Guest Guest
Just can't please you people... no matter what. Someone was just giving some friendly advice and trying to help and you have to find fault in that. Shame on you. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Friendly advice is NOT suggesting that someone dump their cat on your "friends" property.

Guest Guest
Friendly advice is NOT suggesting that someone dump their cat on your "friends" property.

That wasn't my post. I was making a general statement. On every thread on this site, people who ask for advice do get a few nice posts with suggestions, but it is inevitable that eventually some miserable posters come out and just bash people and cut them down for no reason. I dont understand why everyone is at each others throats. If the post was not directed at you, why do you feel the need to be so rude? You could say; "I disagree with you but, heres what I think." Would that be so hard? I'm starting to think this site is just an outlet for unhappy people to vet anonomously at people who they don't know because they are unhappy with their lives outside of BCV. Again; just making a general statement and observation here.

I grew up on a farm and people were always dumping off their cats thinking they will get milk to drink. How stupid! Milk isn't good for cats. We had so many cats and they would breed and then more cats! The poor things would get crushed by the cows laying or stepping on them. Never drop an animal off at a farm. Especially when they aren't used to that environment. The poor things would be scared to death.

Guest one one

For you with the mean cat. I had a mean one, too. She was so pretty, I couldn't believe she was at Animal Care Council, still up for adoption. She was vicious, hid and jumped up to bite and scratch all the time. The vet gave her Ovaban. I am not crazy about drugging cats, but this was great. No more attacks.

Babbling??? It was a joke....loosen your girdle Mabel and take a deep breath!!!

Relax Cecil, I just wanted to know what court street had to do with anything.

You pose most of your jokes like inside jokes. Makes it difficult for those of us that dont hang on your every post and thought (and yes there are actually those of us on here).

Dont mesh threads and topics, you do that a lot and some of us dont read every thread because after a while you just dont want to see another Luke Day story, a beurocratic mess of an agency begging for money like a humane society, or another Oniel building thread.

Each topic is an individual conversation. You are the guy at the party that runs in the middle of a conversation, adds in his random thoughts that have no connection to the conversation at hand, then buzzes off to do the same to another group.

Ok, I said what I had to say. You are free to go talk about monkeys, squirrels, and whatever else is out to get you this week.

Guest Guest
How could you not take your cat into consideration when you made plans to move? There are rentals that take pets. Then, once you made a decision to take a place that did not allow pets, how could you simply move and leave the cat to fend for itself? What were you thinking? Your stuff was moved. You made plans for your tv and couch. Growing up means more than getting bigger. Wait on kids!

Guest agreed

You pose most of your jokes like inside jokes. Makes it difficult for those of us that dont hang on your every post and thought (and yes there are actually those of us on here).

Dont mesh threads and topics, you do that a lot and some of us dont read every thread because after a while you just dont want to see another Luke Day story, a beurocratic mess of an agency begging for money like a humane society, or another Oniel building thread.

Each topic is an individual conversation. You are the guy at the party that runs in the middle of a conversation, adds in his random thoughts that have no connection to the conversation at hand, then buzzes off to do the same to another group.

Ok, I said what I had to say. You are free to go talk about monkeys, squirrels, and whatever else is out to get you this week.

The sound of loud applause

Wow, I'm not sure how to read your post. Am I off your Christmas card list or something??? That really sucks!

As far as your remarks, do the math, stupid, before you post! Cocktail party...running from group to group with my random thoughts? I just checked the first two pages of the forum, and out of 60 threads, I've posted on four! You don't like what I post, fine, don't read it...I'm sure there are dozens of others that feel the same way. But don't be posting crap to reinforce your dislike for me. I hope one of your goats bites you in the ass!

Archived