Desperate cat situation

Guest Stephanie

Guest Stephanie

Hi I am desperately searching for a place to put my cat. I have just moved and thought that the cat was lost during the move. However she was found and the place where I am staying cannot take the cat due to the owner having pet parrots. If you know of someone who can take the cat please let me know. ASAP

Hi I am desperately searching for a place to put my cat. I have just moved and thought that the cat was lost during the move. However she was found and the place where I am staying cannot take the cat due to the owner having pet parrots. If you know of someone who can take the cat please let me know. ASAP

I'm a little confused by your post Were you hoping the cat was lost? Have the parrots try talking some sense into his head...maybe they can cohabitate.

Guest Guest
No I wasn't hoping the cat was lost, but I don't have anywhere to take the cat and might have to put her down.

I am sorry but that is pretty pathetic when an animal would have to be put down simply because the owner is moving. Follow the other advice and try a shelter so the cat can still live for God's sake.

No I wasn't hoping the cat was lost, but I don't have anywhere to take the cat and might have to put her down.

Well putting it down is not an option in my book. I hate cats...I got a 2 year old Tiger named Petey...we hate each other, but he's part of my family, so we deal with one another. He bites me one more time and he's General Tsao's chicken at the restaurant! Cats are tough to find a home for though. The HS and Project Paw are way overbooked!

Guest Guest

I was in a similar situation recently; I was moving and couldn't take the cat with me. This was really hard because she was my cat for well over ten years. But, I found a shelter out in montrose to take her and they guaranteed she would not be put down. The place was beautiful; clean, bright and pleasant! I would check it out if you're still looking.

Guest Guest

the cat is 3yrs pld. I originally temporarily adopted it from someone else who got sick and couldn't take care of it. She is spayed, not declawed but I will pay for that. I don't want to put her down but I am running out of choices. She is black and white and very sweet.

Guest Guest

take her up to pleasant hill stables. Its a farm out in port crane. They like to have cats around to control the mice. That place is a cats heaven!!

Wish I could help, but I already have 3 cats and a dog. So far the Humane Society in Montrose, PA sounds like the best bet, I have never been there, but have heard it's a really nice no-kill shelter....If I can think of anyone who might want her I'll let you know. Good Luck !

the cat is 3yrs pld. I originally temporarily adopted it from someone else who got sick and couldn't take care of it. She is spayed, not declawed but I will pay for that. I don't want to put her down but I am running out of choices. She is black and white and very sweet.

Is she three or four? I've had cats with my parrots, have you tried it to see if they would all adjust?

Guest In The Know Shelter Cat

Call The Humane Society 724-3709, they should be able to take your cat in right now (cat adoptions have been going very well, they now have cats at Pet Smart and PetCo for adoption) this means more cage space at the shelter! MEOW!

If they can't take it then call Animal Care Council http://www.animalcarecouncil.org/

Do not take it to Project Paw!

Guest Guest
Call The Humane Society 724-3709, they should be able to take your cat in right now (cat adoptions have been going very well, they now have cats at Pet Smart and PetCo for adoption) this means more cage space at the shelter! MEOW!

If they can't take it then call Animal Care Council http://www.animalcarecouncil.org/

Do not take it to Project Paw!

I agree! DO NOT take the cat to project paw. That place is so dirty and over populated. I feel bad because I know its all volunteer workers there and they do mean well... but don't bite off more than you can chew. They are also hardly ever open to the public so nobody can ever go see the cats to actually adopt them. I would go to the humane society, or the shelter in montrose. Or put an ad in the paper. good luck!

Guest Shelter Cat

When you call The Humane Society or Animal Care Council please tell them that she is a spayed, sweet three year old cat that you are desperate to place, they will take your cat I am sure!

A good place to advertise the kitty might also be at The Cat Doctor in J.C. off of Main St.

Put up a picture with a description. I saw one there the other day.

Cat lovers go in and out of there every day.

Good luck. I really hope your feline finds a good home.

Guest cat lover/volunteer
I hate irresponsible people like you!!!!!!!!! Why the hell did you ever get a cat if you were'nt going to keep it for life?? Why didn't you move to a place where the cat could come with you? Did you purposely "lose" the cat, only for him to find you? You're the kind that never thinks before you do something, and then expects everyone to jump up and solve your problems. I hope one day when you're old, you get abandoned. I bet you never even had your pet spayed or neutered. WHAT A JERK!!! NOw go to Animal Care Couoncil in Endicott and beg them to take it in (so one less stray animal can't), but you had better give a sizable donation for your displacing your "inconvenience"!

Guest Guest
I agree! DO NOT take the cat to project paw. That place is so dirty and over populated. I feel bad because I know its all volunteer workers there and they do mean well... but don't bite off more than you can chew. They are also hardly ever open to the public so nobody can ever go see the cats to actually adopt them. I would go to the humane society, or the shelter in montrose. Or put an ad in the paper. good luck!

Must agree with you , never take a cat to Project Paw, cats are very sick there. Healthy and sick cats are all in together (they need to isolate their sick cats asap), someone needs to close them down or go in and show them how to run a healthy cat rescue!

Dont kill it or put it in a shelter!!!!!!!

If it really needs a home and will do it's duty in a litterbox, I will take it.

I dont know the animal but she will end up with a dog who doesnt even notice cats and two other cats in the house. Out back there are goats, a racoon, 5 rabbits, and two horses. As long as you think she can adjust to that, I will take it.

I dont know the animal but she will end up with a dog who doesnt even notice cats and two other cats in the house. Out back there are goats, a racoon, 5 rabbits, and two horses. As long as you think she can adjust to that, I will take it.

Bless you!!!

Beowulf, you are a hero!!!!

Guest Guest
take her up to pleasant hill stables. Its a farm out in port crane. They like to have cats around to control the mice. That place is a cats heaven!!

Why should she make her problem someone elses problem? You don't just dump cats off on a farm because they have mice!

Archived