Anyone Know A Good Vet?

sassy

does anyone out in BC Voice-land have a good vet to recommend? We have a 9 month old German Shepherd puppy and have been seeing Dr. Diane at SPEAK since he was 6 weeks old, but the last time we were there they didnt treat him well at all....I was a very unhappy mommy! :( I would greatly appreciate any input on good vet's around here, as we are first time "parents" and just want the best for the baby. Thanks!

Guest Guest

Alison Beaulieau at Dr. Hill's office on Day Hollow road..she's a sweetheart and the pets lover her as much as she loves them..know's her stuff too!

Guest Guest
does anyone out in BC Voice-land have a good vet to recommend? We have a 9 month old German Shepherd puppy and have been seeing Dr. Diane at SPEAK since he was 6 weeks old, but the last time we were there they didnt treat him well at all....I was a very unhappy mommy! :( I would greatly appreciate any input on good vet's around here, as we are first time "parents" and just want the best for the baby. Thanks!

I am surprise to hear that! I have taken my animals there for years! I love Dr. Sue. How did they not treat him well?

I am surprise to hear that! I have taken my animals there for years! I love Dr. Sue. How did they not treat him well?

Dont get me wrong, I was VERY pleased with them at first, however my last experience soured me from there for good.

We normally see Dr. Diane (whom we loved), but she was on vacation and we had to get in right away as he had an allergic reaction to the medication she perscribed for his ear infection. We ended up seeing Dr. Mindy, and I was so appalled at how she acted towards both the puppy and my husband and I. She walked in and was very abrupt and rude to us, then when she went to look in his ears she yanked so hard he yelped (hubby had to restrain me at this point) and then proceeded to tell us she was going to muzzle him and take him into another room to perform the exam. When I questioned her whether I could go with him or not, she basically told me that it was their policy to take the pets away from owners to be examined (Dr. Diane never did this). We could hear them yelling at him to "STOP moving" and "SIT" and him crying in the next room, me in tears and my husband clenching his jaw so hard I thought he would break his teeth! So this is why we would like to explore our options, because he is our first baby and we just want what is best.

Guest dog lover

I strongly recommend Dr Wilhelm at Endicott Animal hospital. You will never have an experience like that with him. I've used him for over 20 years and wouldn't consider changing vets. By the way, he was an army vet for many years working mainly with German Shepherd dogs. Good luck with your puppy. ;)

I have to tell you I'm not happy with the Vet situation around these parts. You'll find a Vet and next thing their expanding, acting like they are going to provide the worlds best service but they are all pretty much the same, run of the mill Vets. You will always get sent to Cornell when a real problem occurs because nobody around here is trained or equipped. Just try to find a decent Vet but expect to travel if you ever need real treatment. We've gone through 4 different Vets. It seems as though each one had a specialty.

What we need is a branch facility of Cornell. It would make money. Consider the fact you have 17 and 81 right here. We're at a crossroad, perfect location. Where's Cornell?? It's a heck of a ride.

Good luck choosing but I have to say their all about the same. The last good all purpose Vet was Dr. Allen.

Hey, POLITICIANS, You to Tom L., how about working to get a branch of Cornell School of Veterinary Medicine here?!?!?!?!?

Guest Guest
I strongly recommend Dr Wilhelm at Endicott Animal hospital. You will never have an experience like that with him. I've used him for over 20 years and wouldn't consider changing vets. By the way, he was an army vet for many years working mainly with German Shepherd dogs. Good luck with your puppy. ;)

So he is a vet vet?

I agree with this! He is excellent with the pets. He CAN be rude to parents, but we just love him. Just have a thick skin when you go in. You will not have a better vet for you puppy!

Guest Just Kidding

Fitzpatrick :D:rolleyes::angry:

Guest Guest
Fitzpatrick :D:rolleyes::angry:

We have raised dogs for years and have never been as happy with a local vet as we are now. Ownership changed at Animal Care Hospital on Old Vestal Rd and the new vet is a godsend!! He is overly qualified, kind, gentle and doesn't have his hand in your pocket. We love Dr. Goldstein!

We have raised dogs for years and have never been as happy with a local vet as we are now. Ownership changed at Animal Care Hospital on Old Vestal Rd and the new vet is a godsend!! He is overly qualified, kind, gentle and doesn't have his hand in your pocket. We love Dr. Goldstein!

I bet he don't have his hand in your pocket like Fitzpatrick did :rolleyes: Guess when you're a convict you can't think straight anyway

Guest Guest
Go see Kevin at Dr. Allen's on upper Front Street

I saw Kevin at Allen's yesterday for the first time. Nice guy and had a alot of good information about my new puppy, but I could have used a voice recorder. That dude talks so fast!

Guest Guest

Drs. Jeff and Laura Shafer and Dr. Tracy are all great vets at vestal vet hospital. Its up the parkway on the corner of african road across from old navy. They are a little on the pricey side but I swear by them. Dr. Jeff diagnosed my dog with lymes disease after other vets for over a year kept telling us she had a fracture that was having trouble healing or that she was re-injuring. Dr. Jeff told us about some over the counter supplements that would help her and prescribed her some antibiotics and she has been great ever since! We have been very happy with the service there, they are always happy and kind and personable. Some places I have been to the drs are very condiscending and rude. Like I said vestal vet is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for! If you decide to go there let us know what you think!

Guest Humane Society Volunteer
I recommend Dr.McDonald at BAC, Binghamton Animal Clinic, she is a wonderful vet that is great with animals, I have taken many animals to her and she has been good with all of them. This is a walk in clinic so you are able to walk in when you need to, the vet techs there are also very pleasant. BAC and Dr.Maureen McDonald get my vote as one of the best vets in the area!

Guest Guest

I must defend S.P.E.A.K only because they(Dr.Diane) saved my puppy's life and Dr Diane is so caring BUT if this Dr Mindy is the same Dr we just seen on our last visit I totally understand. She was very loud and I could not wait to get out of there from the moment she opened her mouth. I don't think I will find a different vet although I will always request Dr.Diane or Dr. Sue.

Chenango Valley Animal Hospital was very good to us last year when we lost our dog to the bad dog food. I would also recomend them.

I've taken my Lab to Johnson City Veterinary Hospital on Harry L. Dr. since he was a puppy. I've NEVER had an experience remotely like what you described.

I've been happy with the care there,and I think the cost is fair and reasonable. My dog turned 4 a few weeks ago.

Guest Guest

Dr. West (Mr. and Mrs. both vets) and staff in Owego on 434 (Southside Drive). It's worth the drive. LovingCaring.Excellant care, plus they have VERY reasonable rates for their services.

Guest Guest
Drs. Jeff and Laura Shafer and Dr. Tracy are all great vets at vestal vet hospital. Its up the parkway on the corner of african road across from old navy. They are a little on the pricey side but I swear by them. Dr. Jeff diagnosed my dog with lymes disease after other vets for over a year kept telling us she had a fracture that was having trouble healing or that she was re-injuring. Dr. Jeff told us about some over the counter supplements that would help her and prescribed her some antibiotics and she has been great ever since! We have been very happy with the service there, they are always happy and kind and personable. Some places I have been to the drs are very condiscending and rude. Like I said vestal vet is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for! If you decide to go there let us know what you think!

little pricey??? Try double the cost of comparable services elsewhere

Guest Guest
:rolleyes::D I have been to many vets over the years and I find Dr. Kevin Loughlin at Allen Veterinary to be the very best. He takes the time to explain everything regarding your dog or cat's condition and offers options for treatment as well. He is the most knowledgeable of any vet that I know. His staff is wonderful and they really do care about each and every animal that comes in there. They are very helpful and kind. I would not have anyone else care for my dog and cats, nor would I board them anywhere else.

Guest love my dog
little pricey??? Try double the cost of comparable services elsewhere

They may be pricey but you can't put money on your animal's health. Dr. Tracy diagnosed our dog's lyme disease without any input from us. he wasn't exhibiting any symptoms. we simply took him in for his regular check up and the tests that they take didn't look right to her so they called us and told us we needed to bring him back in right away. they did another test to confirm the lyme disease and they immediately put him on antibiotics. They caught this before he even showed any signs of having the disease. another reason why everyone should get a yearly check up on your pet. he is now back to perfect health.

They also take emergencies in right away regardless of how many patients are in the waiting room. many of you may think that is wrong but I'll tell you this. when it is your pet that has the emergency, it is a big relief to know that they will drop everything to assist that pet. My family has experienced this first hand. my brother's dog needed to be seen on an emergency basis. he called and said he was on the way, explained what was wrong, and when he got there, they had a table ready and took him right in and started working on the dog. the dog survived because they took the time to treat him.

I was in the waiting room one time when an emergency came in and they dropped everything to save this dog. I had no problem when the staff said that it would be a while before they could see us as they were treating an emergency. We waited about an hour before they started seeing patients again, but none of us minded as we all agreed we wanted that attention if our pet was ever in distress. So, I can't say enough about that group. They are all great and I don't mind paying for the service that I get. My pet is worth every penny that I spend on him. he is my little boy and I would mortgage my house to save his life.

Guest guest
I've taken my Lab to Johnson City Veterinary Hospital on Harry L. Dr. since he was a puppy. I've NEVER had an experience remotely like what you described.

I've been happy with the care there,and I think the cost is fair and reasonable. My dog turned 4 a few weeks ago.

I too took my dogs to jc vet, dr holowinski. He is too wishy washy, you cant get a straight answer from him. I now go to Dr Wilhelm, he's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! His animal hospital is so well built, every detail is taken into consideration, just like his care of his patients. Also, I am impressed with his staff, they never put you on hold or act like you are bothersome. It is truely a positive experience. I highly recommend Dr Wilhelm.

Guest Guest

I also go to SPEAK and i have to tell ya i always ask for Dr Mindy. We actually have an appointment this week with her. You have me a little nervous but i have two puppies and we always request her and have never had a problem. She is kinda loud but she is always very sweet. Im sorry you had a bad experience with her.

Archived