Anyone Know A Good Vet?

sassy

Guest Guest
They may be pricey but you can't put money on your animal's health. Dr. Tracy diagnosed our dog's lyme disease without any input from us. he wasn't exhibiting any symptoms. we simply took him in for his regular check up and the tests that they take didn't look right to her so they called us and told us we needed to bring him back in right away. they did another test to confirm the lyme disease and they immediately put him on antibiotics. They caught this before he even showed any signs of having the disease. another reason why everyone should get a yearly check up on your pet. he is now back to perfect health.

They also take emergencies in right away regardless of how many patients are in the waiting room. many of you may think that is wrong but I'll tell you this. when it is your pet that has the emergency, it is a big relief to know that they will drop everything to assist that pet. My family has experienced this first hand. my brother's dog needed to be seen on an emergency basis. he called and said he was on the way, explained what was wrong, and when he got there, they had a table ready and took him right in and started working on the dog. the dog survived because they took the time to treat him.

I was in the waiting room one time when an emergency came in and they dropped everything to save this dog. I had no problem when the staff said that it would be a while before they could see us as they were treating an emergency. We waited about an hour before they started seeing patients again, but none of us minded as we all agreed we wanted that attention if our pet was ever in distress. So, I can't say enough about that group. They are all great and I don't mind paying for the service that I get. My pet is worth every penny that I spend on him. he is my little boy and I would mortgage my house to save his life.

I would be the first to agree you can't put a price on your animal's health. I would do anything for mine. My point is that they are more than a little pricey. i uesd to help my girlfriend bring her two dogs there and watch her pay double what i pay at Dr. West in Owego, until she finally starting bringing them to owego. Dr. West and all their staff are fantastic with care and service. Twice Dr. West has met me at his office for an after-hours emergency.They truly care about the animals and their owners.

Im not trying to bash your vet,or implying a pet isn't worth the cost- just saying that they are REALLY expensive.

Have to throw in Montrose Vet Hospital in Montrose PA. I have taken my animals there for the past 10 years. They are all kind and compassionate. When I lost my dog about 8 years ago they even sent me a sympathy card. I got a kitten fixed in January and they called to check and see how he was doing. He did fine. I just think they are the best and very compassionate.

Guest love my dog
I would be the first to agree you can't put a price on your animal's health. I would do anything for mine. My point is that they are more than a little pricey. i uesd to help my girlfriend bring her two dogs there and watch her pay double what i pay at Dr. West in Owego, until she finally starting bringing them to owego. Dr. West and all their staff are fantastic with care and service. Twice Dr. West has met me at his office for an after-hours emergency.They truly care about the animals and their owners.

Im not trying to bash your vet,or implying a pet isn't worth the cost- just saying that they are REALLY expensive.

No offense taken! I have had some bad experiences with vets so I guess I am hesitant to try some others and I am willing to pay the cost because of the care I have recieved there. However, I have heard from a number of my friends that Dr. West is great. The only draw back for me is the drive to owego.

Guest phatcat

Dr. Wilhelm is excellent and I also highly recommend him.

As for the poster that spoke about their pet having lyme disease....you also need to be careful with this disease in humans. If the dog has a tick attachment, there's a good chance the tick can be brought in the house on the pet and the people in the house can be bitten. If not properly diagnosed and treated in humans, lyme disease can cause some pretty serious problems. It's actually something vets around here have a better grasp on, as compared to local human doctors...they sort of downplay it or it's misdiagnosed and undertreated.....there's more interest in West Nile, when in actuality lyme is a pretty significant health problem that just isn't understood around here.

Archived