Site for those of you who love animals!

Guest love my pets

I know there are many of you who love your pets and animals in genter...For those of you who love animals this is a great website http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickTo....faces?siteId=3

You can click on the "purple square" daily to help feed an animal in a shelter. It's free to you and great for the animals.

They also have some great items you can purchase to show support for animals in need.

*Mods I hope this is ok to post...if not please delete and my apologies!

This is a great site. I click on this and the breast cancer site everyday. Also, everyday, I go to www.letssaythanks.com and send a postcard to the troops.

What a bittersweet story. Thank you for sharing that.

Here's a couple more reads you may enjoy Tazz. Much shorter than the first, as they've been too busy rescueing dogs to update their website. Lucy passed away some months back, she was incompacitated much like Winston...died in her sleep one night, lying next to me. Linus and his totally deaf "sister", Goldie, are still full of piss and vinegar. I know people get sick of me ranting about the old unwanted ones, but let's face it...everybody loves a puppy! I'm glad you and I see "eye to eye" on this, and while I appreciate your compliments, I really don't do anything "special"...I just fill a niche. BTW, Linus looks like a "tootsie roll" on four toothpicks!

http://www.boxerangelsrescue.com/Friends/LinusLucyFOB.htm

http://www.boxerangelsrescue.com/Friends/Goldie9-22-06.htm

Linus, who we've knicknamed "the peanut" is quite the character. He decided he was going to be the leader of the gang. He barks non stop whenever anyone comes to the house, and it wasn't till my friend Debbie (who has 4 pugs) came, that we figured out why. He wants you to pick him up to give you kisses. Although, my ex-wife dropped my daughter off a couple of weeks ago and he did the same with her. Twice she tried to pick him up & he snapped at her. I scolded him, but after she left, I gave him a big hug and an extra cookie.

From your first link sleepless, I was rolling on the floor laughing at that lil bit!!

It was so true, he still doesn't like her when she comes over. He's such a darling little boy!!!

Belly rubs from me please!

I know a lady from Ohio who rescues german shepards, but she only accepts the ones who have been deemed "dangerous". She has also taken in a few other breeds, but sticks mostly to GSD. She has a few that are seniors and she knows they will be there until they cross over, but she has said time and again those dogs are her very best friends. They give her unconditional love and she gives them trust. She has only been bitten once and that was by a Chi she took in as a favor, lol. At any given time she has about 40 dogs, both inside and in the kennels....

Anyway, talking with her for so long, I know it takes a special person to take a senior. You are not guaranteed years and in many cases, just months. many times Mary has only had days with them because of the abuse they suffered. She takes pride in the fact she has never put one down for being mean, she just works with it as much as she can.

When my monsters leave me I plan on getting into rescue. I know I won't do dangerous ones like Mary as I just can not make myself give that much trust to a dog that has bitten before. But I think it'll probably be the big breed rescue and I am leaning toward seniors. So we shall see.

Belly rubs from me please!

I know a lady from Ohio who rescues german shepards, but she only accepts the ones who have been deemed "dangerous". She has also taken in a few other breeds, but sticks mostly to GSD. She has a few that are seniors and she knows they will be there until they cross over, but she has said time and again those dogs are her very best friends. They give her unconditional love and she gives them trust. She has only been bitten once and that was by a Chi she took in as a favor, lol. At any given time she has about 40 dogs, both inside and in the kennels....

Anyway, talking with her for so long, I know it takes a special person to take a senior. You are not guaranteed years and in many cases, just months. many times Mary has only had days with them because of the abuse they suffered. She takes pride in the fact she has never put one down for being mean, she just works with it as much as she can.

When my monsters leave me I plan on getting into rescue. I know I won't do dangerous ones like Mary as I just can not make myself give that much trust to a dog that has bitten before. But I think it'll probably be the big breed rescue and I am leaning toward seniors. So we shall see.

Good for you Tazz...it does my heart good to be involved with "rescue". Mary sounds like a true winner. Welcome to the jungle! I joined in three years ago, prepare to have your heart broken with the seniors...but somebody has to do it. If you don't cry your eyes out each and every time a baby passes...you're not the right person for the job. Always keep that in mind! It's tough, but the rewards are great. Good luck!

Guest Dogs rule
I've rescued 7 old pugs off the mother site "petfinders". It's pretty cool and I spend a lot of time on there. If anybody wants to read about my pugs, let me know and I'll set up a couple of links. They lived horrendous lives before they came to Hillcrest, and I really think you'd enjoy reading about their will to survive!

I rescued my Yorkie after finding her through Petfinders. She too led a horrible life, passed to home after home and suffering a broken back from abuse. She is by far the best dog I have ever had and shows me her gratefulness and undying love every day.

I rescued my Yorkie after finding her through Petfinders. She too led a horrible life, passed to home after home and suffering a broken back from abuse. She is by far the best dog I have ever had and shows me her gratefulness and undying love every day.

Good for you. Let me guess...she hates car rides? I've had a couple that did because they were afraid they were getting dumped off someplace else again. Always such relef when we came back home. They were never quite sure that this was their "forever" home.

Good for you. Let me guess...she hates car rides? I've had a couple that did because they were afraid they were getting dumped off someplace else again. Always such relef when we came back home. They were never quite sure that this was their "forever" home.

I have one that loves rides and another that you almost have to drag to get him into a vehicle. Then he 's so nervous he'll upchuck. I've tried several things to remedy the situtation but to no avail. With his dislike of vehicles there is a good side to it. He sure as hell stays away from the road! Most of all they're home bodies and we like it that way. With me being home all the time I have constant companionship!

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow night. See you there!

I have one that loves rides and another that you almost have to drag to get him into a vehicle. Then he 's so nervous he'll upchuck. I've tried several things to remedy the situtation but to no avail. With his dislike of vehicles there is a good side to it. He sure as hell stays away from the road! Most of all they're home bodies and we like it that way. With me being home all the time I have constant companionship!

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow night. See you there!

Have you tried rescue remedy? That works for my pyr as she hates the car! Calms her down enough to go to the vet when we need to, and she doesn't get all upset and sick from it.

Archived