Dentists

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Now I am sure there are alot of good Dental practices around. However, there are only a select few who practice under my insurance! It is getting very costly for me to continue to go to a non-provider in order to obtain adequate care! I must make sure I have the full amount in the bank, pay upfront and wait a month or two to be partially reimbursed! I went once to a dentist in my plan and they really screwed up my teeth!! He slipped and drilled right through my front teeth from the back to the front!! Then I had to come back for x-rays??!! Why, so they could charge another appointment fee??? I have to look professional in my business and a hole in my front teeth is not an attractive sight. I went to have it fixed on an emergency to another Dentist and had to pay out of pocket. I tried to get an appointment with another who is in my plan, but was given a run around after first being told they were taking patients, then all of a sudden they weren't. Why is it so hard to find a dentist around here you can afford or who will participate in your plan and doesn't offend or make you feel like an idiot?

New York dental is very good. They are on Old Vestal Road and the except a lot of insurances. That is where I go and they are VERY nice there!

Umm, did you read about the drilling through to my front teeth?? Guess who??!!

Woodland Dental in Chenango Bridge is AWESOME!

and for the cost part, check out "Care Credit" there and at other dentists

Thanks. It's not really the cost factor per say, but it sucks to have to wait until I have the whole amount in my account before I can have the work done..when i HAVE insurance.

So glad so many of you speak of insurance so many of us do not have it.

For Dentists to charge $75/85 for a cleaning is outrageous.

I'd like to see them caught in this economic bind that so many of us have to face cutting back, and they see less traffic. They are arrogant and live so fine. How easy it is for them to not only suggest X-rays, but act insulted when you say no.

The insurance business has kept those prices they charge way up and out of sight for those of us who have to pay out of pocket.

X-rays are like winning the lottery every time you pay off their equipment over and over and over and over.

This line of business has to be stopped. Here's the best part for them, you get a cleaning and he peeks in for a scond to check and you get a bill for the cleaning and "Consultation" or whatever they call it now.

To me denistry is a SCAM! Lucrative However!

Guest Guest

Do NOT go to Dr. Wescott at Smile Designers! He takes what the insurance pays but he does such a poor job! I have changed dentist and found that ALL the fillings I have had done by Wescott in the past couple years have decay under them. Now I'm having to have them all drilled out and replaced. That's fun!

I wonderd how you could get a filling in 6 minutes and why my teeth hurt for months after the fillings (although I was reassured that was normal)! I have almost lost 3 teeth because of his crappy work and have to have a crown put on one. It's true, you get what you pay for!

Guest Guest OP
Do NOT go to Dr. Wescott at Smile Designers! He takes what the insurance pays but he does such a poor job! I have changed dentist and found that ALL the fillings I have had done by Wescott in the past couple years have decay under them. Now I'm having to have them all drilled out and replaced. That's fun!

I wonderd how you could get a filling in 6 minutes and why my teeth hurt for months after the fillings (although I was reassured that was normal)! I have almost lost 3 teeth because of his crappy work and have to have a crown put on one. It's true, you get what you pay for!

So who did you find?? Thanks for that information as I was the original poster......

And to MAC, I understand its hard not having the insurance and some can not afford to pay. I have a young son and work two jobs in order to have the insurance, and still its hard.

Guest Guest
So who did you find?? Thanks for that information as I was the original poster......

And to MAC, I understand its hard not having the insurance and some can not afford to pay. I have a young son and work two jobs in order to have the insurance, and still its hard.

I am now going to Parkway Dental, Dr. Callaghan. I do have to pay out of pocket for each visit as they are higher than my insurance takes but it's worth it! Maybe I should bill Dr. Wescott for all my payments since I'm having all his work redone at my expense! But, I guess I would rather pay a little each time and know I am getting quality care! (And keep my teeth for that matter)!

Guest Guest

Mark A. Whitford

1003 Front Street

Binghamton NY 13905

(607) 771-6054

He is on the top of our list. He handles everything and his staff is great.

He gives some payment plans that are very good, but he is hard to get in with.

I would highlt recommend him! !! !

Guest Guest
He slipped and drilled right through my front teeth from the back to the front!!

Yeah riggghhhttt --- who are you trying to kid --

Guest Guest

I was not impressed with that Dr. Watson over in Glendale. He thought he was in New York City or that the IBM'ers were going to come back with thier insurance.

Guest Guest-Mick-*

Insurance, this is how it goes.

If the dentist knows you have insurance the cost to the inusrance company is at his discretion piled high with things he didn't do. Now who is going to question him? The prices charged are based on what he gets from an insurance claims and we with no insurance pay that same charge. Nice huh? SCAM...YES! They are all in it together. Ever see a dentist in a crappy car or house or neighborhood, wonder why?

Guest SallyChampagne

Dentists go to school for 8 years, why should they have crappy cars and houses, How would you like to pay there school loans. signed, Dental Assistant

Guest BC Voice of Reason
what do you call someone who fails out of med school.............? <_< a dentist. :lol:

Yeah, and you're an anti-dentite. You're a rabid anti-dentite!

Archived