BOBBY'S PLACE

Guest have guitar will travel

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chesty guesty

Apparently, the dum dum forgot to do something with the liquor license. Who knows, he's not the smartest business owner.... He had something go wrong with his business in NC too. Too bad... Most of the good help left anyway, probably will lose more now... Those people depend on that daily cash to pay bills. It's very sad way to run a business.

Apparently, the dum dum forgot to do something with the liquor license. Who knows, he's not the smartest business owner.... He had something go wrong with his business in NC too. Too bad... Most of the good help left anyway, probably will lose more now... Those people depend on that daily cash to pay bills. It's very sad way to run a business.

Where is Bobby's Place? Is it where O's used to be? If so, we were going to check it out on Mon.

Guest Guest
I doubt they'll be closed for very long. Bobby's is a happening place, I enjoy going there when bands are playing. B)

DITTO.. My wife and I frequent the place. It is a very nice place. Hope he reopens soon. Stuff happens.

Guest Guest
There is a note on the front door as of 10pm Friday March 7th

they plan on re-opening Thursday March 13th...

Don't hold your breath... If a liquor license isn't renewed on time, Albany can hold up the process as long as they feel like it. Initially when NORMAL people renew their licenses, they must reapply 30 days PRIOR to the expiration of the existing license. Notice is sent to the holder of the license 60 days prior to the expiration date so that the holder can meet the 30 day requirement. The holder will have to explain the reason/reasons for missing the deadline. The reasons are then passed along to the legal department. After they get around to looking at the case, they decide if the reasons were legit. If not, the holder can be fined a max of $1,000 and can also be subject to suspension. It's all in Albany's hands now. I cannot believe that any business owner could be so incredibly irresponsible. I hope this guy is compensating his employees in some fashion. It isn't their fault that they are out of work. I hope this guy does the right thing and at least offers them partial pay or something. And it is sad...Bobby's is a great place to eat, drink, catch great bands. I hope for the sake of his employees, they are back in the swing soon.

Guest Guest
DITTO.. My wife and I frequent the place. It is a very nice place. Hope he reopens soon. Stuff happens.

Easy to say, "stuff happens" when you're not the ones that lost your job because of someone elses screw up...

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Just curious :unsure: ...why were you wondering when it closed? Does it make a difference in some way?

Just curious. I haven't been there in a few weeks, and was wondering how long it was closed for.

Guest bobb y b

Bobbys Place Sucks!!! I haven't been back there since I knew a cook there that said the owner wanted him to cook bad chicken. No wonder why it's closed! O's place was much better!!!

Guest Guest
I doubt they'll be closed for very long. Bobby's is a happening place, I enjoy going there when bands are playing. B)

Thirsty's has better atmosphere than Bobby's Place. Friendlier crowd as well!

Guest guest

Bobby's place is nicer than thirsty's, but that is my opionion. I think Bobby's place has a better crowd. I went to thirty's 20 years ago and I have outgrown that

place. Thirsty's does have good food though.

Guest Guest

QUOTE (bobb y b @ Mar 9 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bobbys Place Sucks!!! I haven't been back there since I knew a cook there that said the owner wanted him to cook bad chicken. No wonder why it's closed! O's place was much better!!!

SOunds like Stu's is the place for a happening dude like you. If you don't like a place.. stay the f rig out of it. Enjoy the dudes at Stu's!

Guest Guest

Sorry my opinion is Thristy's is much better place, new oak floor and new large screen LCD TV's behind the bar and great people. I've been going there since it opened. One other place was great.......was PJ Haleys on Conklin Ave in it's day. Those days of drinking legal at 18.

Guest AF7C9C

Well, i guess you better stay at thirsty's and i will stay at Bobby's place. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just outgrew thirsty's and you haven't, nothing wrong with that. I am just sticking up for Bobby's Place cause that is where I go. Alot of TV,s, food is good and Bobby keeps trash out of there.

Guest guest
duh, there re-doing the floors, this is how stupid rumors start.

Do you mean Bobby's is closed because they are re-doing the floors? And it has nothing to do with the liquor license?

Should have guessed that was a baseless rumor. Thanks. ;)

Guest GUESTIE

Seems a little odd to me that they would close with no notice to do the floors.......................after all, they had bands booked all weekend.

If they were planning to be closed for remodeling, wouldn't they have planned ahead and not booked bands?

Guest Guest

It is still closed due to lapse in renewal of liquor license....................him and his partner Mike broke ties with each other so just Bobby runs it and didn't realize the license was up................

Archived