BOBBY'S PLACE

Guest have guitar will travel

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Seems a little odd to me that they would close with no notice to do the floors.......................after all, they had bands booked all weekend.

If they were planning to be closed for remodeling, wouldn't they have planned ahead and not booked bands?

Not to mention being closed for two weeks for flooring is a bit excessive. I think all they had in there was commercial grade carpeting. If they're going to recarpet the whole place it would have taken a couple days tops.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
duh, there re-doing the floors, this is how stupid rumors start.

Duh...THEY'RE (not "there") not redoing the floors. Have friends that work there. They are closed because they are waiting on their liquor license. The owner is talking about making some improvements while they are waiting. Know what you're talking about before you start rambling about 'stupidity'.

Guest Guest
It is still closed due to lapse in renewal of liquor license....................him and his partner Mike broke ties with each other so just Bobby runs it and didn't realize the license was up................

Do you really believe that? #1: Bobby's partner isn't leaving for a couple more weeks. #2: Mike is (was) the bar manager/partner. The Liquor Authority notifies businesses 60 days prior to their license expiration. That means they were notified in December if their expiration was in February. Don't you think that the Bar Manager would be on top of that? It doesn't help Bobby to ignore the notice. It could, however, help Mike. If he knew he was planning on getting out, he might be able to walk away without paying his partner what he's owed due to this license issue. Either way, if you own a business, "(he) didn't realize the license was up" just doesn't cut it especially for the employees that depend upon that income. Think about what you're saying. Try not to be so naieve.

Guest Guest
Do you mean Bobby's is closed because they are re-doing the floors? And it has nothing to do with the liquor license?

Should have guessed that was a baseless rumor. Thanks. ;)

Guess again...no one closes for 2 weeks at the drop of a hat and certainly not to put down new carpet...the idea that they closed to put in carpeting is the only baseless rumor in this excerpt. :blink:

Guest Guest
Bobby's place is nicer than thirsty's, but that is my opionion. I think Bobby's place has a better crowd. I went to thirty's 20 years ago and I have outgrown that

place. Thirsty's does have good food though.

First of all, i am an employee of bobbys place and it isnt because of new floors, you can count on that. It is a great place, but to be honest it is not run by the most reliable or repsonsible people in the world. I am not putting down either one of my bosses, i love working there, but losing mike is a very big loss, not just to the employees but to the business in general. we will miss him greatly. we hope to open by wednesday or thursday but in my opinion it wont happen. i hope for myself and my coworkers sake that we will be back in business soon. it is hard to be out of work with the drop of a hat. many of us depend on that money to get by, and im not speaking for anyone else but for me it has made me lose faith and trust in bobbys place. i really dont understand how a BAR, whos main function is to sell alcohol, can forget to renew its liquor license. makes me question the kind of people i am working with/for.

Guest Guest

They got caught buying a large quanity of liquor from PA for the business, every one does it but in moderation they got caught end of story...

Guest Guest

I'm not saying that Bobby's management may not be at fault to some degree, but the NYS Liquor Authority is the most corrupt, incompetant division of our state government. They constantly screw things up and delay hearings and paperwork, yet hold no flexibility when the bar owner fails to pick up the slack for their mistakes. It wouldn't surprise me if the NYSLA mishandled the transfer.

Guest Warner

Give the place a break... no matter what the reason is! If you like going there give them the time they need..We do not no what the true reason may be for there closing. As a owner of a small bar , that does well, we need to stick together and believe in Bobbys Place!! ot to many places in Enicott do well w/crime, his one of the few...so stay positive and hope the best!!!

Guest Guest
I'm not saying that Bobby's management may not be at fault to some degree, but the NYS Liquor Authority is the most corrupt, incompetant division of our state government. They constantly screw things up and delay hearings and paperwork, yet hold no flexibility when the bar owner fails to pick up the slack for their mistakes. It wouldn't surprise me if the NYSLA mishandled the transfer.

The racing authority is much worse.

Guest Guest

Public Query - Results

License Information

Serial Number: 2604630

License Type: ON-PREMISES LIQUOR

License Status: Expired

Credit Group: 2

Filing Date: 03/08/2006

Effective Date: 03/23/2006

Expiration Date: 02/28/2008

Premises Information

Principal's Name: LARNERD, ROBERT V.

GUARNIERI, MICHAEL B.

Premises Name: BOBBYS PLACE OF ENDWELL LLC

Trade Name: BOBBY'S PLACE

Zone: 2

Address: 2906 E MAIN STREET

SCARBORO DR & MARION ST

ENDWELL, NY 13760

County: BROOME

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Public Query - Results

License Information

Serial Number: 2604630

License Type: ON-PREMISES LIQUOR

License Status: Expired

Credit Group: 2

Filing Date: 03/08/2006

Effective Date: 03/23/2006

Expiration Date: 02/28/2008

Premises Information

Principal's Name: LARNERD, ROBERT V.

GUARNIERI, MICHAEL B.

Premises Name: BOBBYS PLACE OF ENDWELL LLC

Trade Name: BOBBY'S PLACE

Zone: 2

Address: 2906 E MAIN STREET

SCARBORO DR & MARION ST

ENDWELL, NY 13760

County: BROOME

And there you go. That's some good research right there.

Guest Guest

bobby thought since it was filed in march, he had another month until it expired. he didnt open his mail. it was an honest mistake, but a careless one at that. and now that mike is out, he doesnt want his name on the license. bobby is a great guy, but as far as a business owner goes, he should try finding a new profession. should be opening back up tomorrow. we will see! and good luck to mike with venturing over to stu's

Guest guest
Okay, so Bobby's Place is temporarily closed - does anybody know what the deal is?????

Cockroaches....dirty place, with dirty people..what do you expect..

Guest Bobby
Cockroaches....dirty place, with dirty people..what do you expect..

Guess it's clear you haven't been there.........it has to be one of the cleanest bars/restaurants in the area

Even the kitchen is clean and clutter free .........won't find that at Thirsty's!

Guest Guest
First of all, i am an employee of bobbys place and it isnt because of new floors, you can count on that. It is a great place, but to be honest it is not run by the most reliable or repsonsible people in the world. I am not putting down either one of my bosses, i love working there, but losing mike is a very big loss, not just to the employees but to the business in general. we will miss him greatly. we hope to open by wednesday or thursday but in my opinion it wont happen. i hope for myself and my coworkers sake that we will be back in business soon. it is hard to be out of work with the drop of a hat. many of us depend on that money to get by, and im not speaking for anyone else but for me it has made me lose faith and trust in bobbys place. i really dont understand how a BAR, whos main function is to sell alcohol, can forget to renew its liquor license. makes me question the kind of people i am working with/for.

You're probably fired even when they do reopen for running your mouth about your employers...you're probably better off anyway...sounds like they don't have a clue what they're doing...don't blame you for losing faith and trust...

Guest Guest

Are you nutz? :blink: "losing mike is a very big loss" to employees and the biz?!! Most of the people I know that work there say that it's great news that he's leaving. He has ZERO people skills and even fewer business skills. I never saw him do anything when I was there except: flirting with the underage members of his waitstaff (the perv!), micro-managing and belittling his bartenders (very professional!) and drinking with his cop buddies while sitting on his brains at the end of the bar. He treated all his employees like dirt unless they showed him clevage and stupidity. Good riddance, Mike! Congrats, Bobby and the rest your crew! :P

Guest Guest
Are you nutz? :blink: "losing mike is a very big loss" to employees and the biz?!! Most of the people I know that work there say that it's great news that he's leaving. He has ZERO people skills and even fewer business skills. I never saw him do anything when I was there except: flirting with the underage members of his waitstaff (the perv!), micro-managing and belittling his bartenders (very professional!) and drinking with his cop buddies while sitting on his brains at the end of the bar. He treated all his employees like dirt unless they showed him clevage and stupidity. Good riddance, Mike! Congrats, Bobby and the rest your crew! :P

if by underage you mean under 18, then you are an idiot because no one under the age of 18 works there. if by underage you mean 21, theres only ONE, and its ME, so you clearly dont know what you are talking about because i definitely dont have cleavage AND i am also an intelligent person and he treats me just fine! and i agree with whoever said losing him is a big loss, he is a great boss, and so is bobby. and for the record, we DONT have cockroaches, THANKS, because i hate anything that crawls and im pretty sure i wouldnt work there if there were any sort of bugs crawling around. i love how people sit here with nothing better to do than talk trash about something they have no clue about. if you dont like going there, then DONT! its that simple! dont sit here and complain about how bad the business is, because i am sure if it came down to it you wouldnt be able to run such a popular business place. we get plently more business from others, so the few who dont like it there dont really matter, and we dont want your trash there anyway!

Guest Guest
So is Bobby's back open yet, or any idea when they will be?

At lunchtime today, the signs were lit up and some people were walking in, so I guess so.

Archived