BOBBY'S PLACE

Guest have guitar will travel

Guest tapsandall

This should have some people angry! His screw up left people wihtout a job and pay for weeks. Even if it was only one week, it's still a heartless and wretched thing to do. The bar is a good place to go, yes. The food is good, and there isn't any cockroaches. As far as Mike goes, I am sure a lot of the staff is sad that he will be gone. He was the one that was there the majority of the time. Bobby obviously hasn't a clue how to operate a business. To leave those people without jobs or pay for this long is terrible. Those girls have children! They need that money. People really need to consider that. Has he even been honest about whats fully going on, I doubt it. He doesn't even know himself when it will be fully open. It is open for lunches and soda. It's just sad to see a man who attempts to portray himself as a pillar in the community doing something so hurtful to his staff. I don't trust the guy....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
This should have some people angry! His screw up left people wihtout a job and pay for weeks. Even if it was only one week, it's still a heartless and wretched thing to do. The bar is a good place to go, yes. The food is good, and there isn't any cockroaches. As far as Mike goes, I am sure a lot of the staff is sad that he will be gone. He was the one that was there the majority of the time. Bobby obviously hasn't a clue how to operate a business. To leave those people without jobs or pay for this long is terrible. Those girls have children! They need that money. People really need to consider that. Has he even been honest about whats fully going on, I doubt it. He doesn't even know himself when it will be fully open. It is open for lunches and soda. It's just sad to see a man who attempts to portray himself as a pillar in the community doing something so hurtful to his staff. I don't trust the guy....

its a shame that no one will actually say this to him. and the only person who would is gone now.

Guest guesttapsandall

Who do you think would tell him that? That chick that told him off one night and no one has seen her since? What happened there? Tall girl, brown hair...

Guest guest

Yes, the kitchen is the cleanest and the place is alot cleaner than thirsty's. This is how rumors get started by saying that some woman was telling him off. You don't know if it was a personal situation or about the bar. If you don't know exactly why she was doing that, you have no right to start rumors.

Guest Guest
Who do you think would tell him that? That chick that told him off one night and no one has seen her since? What happened there? Tall girl, brown hair...

yes. she didnt like the way bobby was treating her, she was a manager and was not treated like it. so she got fed up with it and quit. and FYI she has been in since she quit.

Guest Guest

Yes, she got upset with Bobby and she didn't want to deal with it anymore. But like someone else wrote, she has been in to the bar a few times since than.

She hangs out there, her friends hang out there and they have a good time.

Guest Guest

Mike's name still on liquor license!

Public Query - Results

License Information

Serial Number: 2604630

License Type: ON-PREMISES LIQUOR

License Status: License is Active

Credit Group: 2

Filing Date: 03/08/2006

Effective Date: 03/01/2008

Expiration Date: 02/28/2010

Premises Information

Principal's Name: LARNERD, ROBERT V.

GUARNIERI, MICHAEL B.

Premises Name: BOBBYS PLACE OF ENDWELL LLC

Trade Name: BOBBY'S PLACE

Zone: 2

Address: 2906 E MAIN STREET

SCARBORO DR & MARION ST

ENDWELL, NY 13760

County: BROOME

Guest Guest
Mike's name still on liquor license!

So What... I hope they are open for my Saturday morning bloody mary and pizza..

Public Query - Results

License Information

Serial Number: 2604630

License Type: ON-PREMISES LIQUOR

License Status: License is Active

Credit Group: 2

Filing Date: 03/08/2006

Effective Date: 03/01/2008

Expiration Date: 02/28/2010

Premises Information

Principal's Name: LARNERD, ROBERT V.

GUARNIERI, MICHAEL B.

Premises Name: BOBBYS PLACE OF ENDWELL LLC

Trade Name: BOBBY'S PLACE

Zone: 2

Address: 2906 E MAIN STREET

SCARBORO DR & MARION ST

ENDWELL, NY 13760

County: BROOME

Guest George Orwell
I remember going there last year and seeing a Binghamton teacher dancing seductively on the bar. Great show

Teachers get drunk too.

and there really isnt anything wrong with that, as long as they show up for class sober

Guest Guest
Teachers get drunk too.

and there really isnt anything wrong with that, as long as they show up for class sober

Let me guess: You're a teacher who drinks a lot?

How could you possibly be more wrong?

Guest Guest
Don't hold your breath... If a liquor license isn't renewed on time, Albany can hold up the process as long as they feel like it. Initially when NORMAL people renew their licenses, they must reapply 30 days PRIOR to the expiration of the existing license. Notice is sent to the holder of the license 60 days prior to the expiration date so that the holder can meet the 30 day requirement. The holder will have to explain the reason/reasons for missing the deadline. The reasons are then passed along to the legal department. After they get around to looking at the case, they decide if the reasons were legit. If not, the holder can be fined a max of $1,000 and can also be subject to suspension. It's all in Albany's hands now. I cannot believe that any business owner could be so incredibly irresponsible. I hope this guy is compensating his employees in some fashion. It isn't their fault that they are out of work. I hope this guy does the right thing and at least offers them partial pay or something. And it is sad...Bobby's is a great place to eat, drink, catch great bands. I hope for the sake of his employees, they are back in the swing soon.

Um. What I want to know is if you are even sure that's the reason it's closed? Because I actually happen to work with Bobby and.... it's not. So how about you get your facts straight before you go opening your mouth about something you know nothing about. Thanks!

Guest Guest

i think everyone really just needs to get over it. weve been back in business since last tuesday for lunch and fully back in business since friday. and its been packed ever since. so just let it go! theres always going to be stupid rumors about differernt bars and the things that go on in them, but thats all they are, RUMORS! stop spreading them and worrying about them like youre back in the 11th grade!! all the employees are happy to be back so just leave it at that!

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Glad to see Bobby's back in business. Had a great time there tonight. Ate some wings, played some trivia, sang some karaoke.

I <3 Bobby's.

Guest guest
Sorry my opinion is Thristy's is much better place, new oak floor and new large screen LCD TV's behind the bar and great people. I've been going there since it opened. One other place was great.......was PJ Haleys on Conklin Ave in it's day. Those days of drinking legal at 18.

The bartender at PJ haleys back in the day was such a great guy! I dont remember his name though. That place used to rock- ahh those were the days

Guest Guest

;)

The bartender at PJ haleys back in the day was such a great guy! I dont remember his name though. That place used to rock- ahh those were the days

Oh those where the days at PJS . Didn't the Hells Angels hang there for awhile ?

@

Guest guest
;)

Oh those where the days at PJS . Didn't the Hells Angels hang there for awhile ?

@

They tried to at the end but then went down the street instead - Who went there.....worked there.......

Archived