Best Athlete in JC History

Guest Guest

Guest hitting coach

Chomyszak and Holbert were great athletes without the hype that goes on today. I agree with the other Wildcats from the previous post. As for the flame thrower poster from the post previously, I can only think of John Pawlowski from Seton as a top notch pitcher but he is not in this area. I can only wonder who this pitcher is and if he is coaching others. Lot of great repartee, gang!!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the pitching was so bad then how come nobody else was pounding out homers at his rate. Boreffi has the school home run record by a wide margin. If you recall he was often intentionally walked. If you played before hime you might have gotten him out when you were a Senior and he was a Freshmen. I don't recall the pitchers back in the mid 80s. That was a long time ago. Chances are they were just as good then as most other times. Chances are they were better then the pitching today with the watered down enrollment numbers all over.

you would remember the guys i name. the fact you can't name 1 from boreffi's era speaks volumes.

I would have liked to seen that effort! 3 home runs - was it at Logan or another field? I still scratch my head as to how you knew that "Guest" was the pitcher, though he has been very adamant about Fran for 2 weeks!! Almost as adamant as the Phil Jordan hater on the Psychic thread!!

It was at Logan field against Endwell. I arrived when the game was in progress. Boreffi came to the plate three times when I was watching. He saw a total of three pitches. Each pitch was planted over the center field fence, The third of which was up into the light tower.

It was at Logan field against Endwell. I arrived when the game was in progress. Boreffi came to the plate three times when I was watching. He saw a total of three pitches. Each pitch was planted over the center field fence, The third of which was up into the light tower.

I still think Melissa she was and is great!

• 6 months later...
Guest A friend

Don't forget tom Klym-6'7" high jump, 13+ feet pole vault, decathalon record, 20+ feet LJ.

@

Yes he sure did! MrDecatholete! So dedicated! Always knew he would do what he's doing now. Bean

Guest Guest

JACK STANBRO

Yes, Jack Stanbro may be the most famous of any athelte to graduate from JC. Stasnbro gained fame as a U.E. wrestling coach who coached U.E. legends Arthur and Jon Jones. Bones thanked Stanbro as he stood in the ring putting on his UFC title belt in front of the sold out arena an on multinational pay per view.

Guest Guest

<!--quoteo(post=648807:date=Aug 27 2010, 02:49 PM:name=hitting coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hitting coach @ Aug 27 2010, 02:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=648807"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would have liked to seen that effort! 3 home runs - was it at Logan or another field? I still scratch my head as to how you knew that "Guest" was the pitcher, though he has been very adamant about Fran for 2 weeks!! Almost as adamant as the Phil Jordan hater on the Psychic thread!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Little League accomplisments? Come on, do you know how many kids had streaks of 6 or 7 consecutive HR's this past season and hit them over the light towers? They must be future hall of famers based on this criteria.

Chomyszak was tops. Actually was a gentleman in the age of football where most lineman were low IQ animals. He was a great person. Not mentioned much on here because he can't be trashed and he definitely could have competed in today's game.

Archived