Best Athlete in JC History

Guest Guest

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zipzopp

Dick Orzel.Every sport athlete,Pro baseball player,All Stac for three years from 59-62,golf team,basketball,Football,baseball. And what a surprise,a nice guy on top of that.

Jason "Tugboat" Lyke was a playground legend at Harry L.

Very good call.

His authentic #10 orange "LIONS" jersey is on display this month up in Cooperstown at the HOF. I took the kids up there last weekend and saw it was was able to tell my kids I played in the same era as him.

!.Dick Orzel

2.Steve Chomaszk

3.Mark Seaman

4.Josh Glenn

5.Bobby Masar

6.Mike Moran

7.Josh Peters

8.Jon Yesensky

9.Duquan Jones

Dick Dino should be way up there on the list.

Very good call.

His authentic #10 orange "LIONS" jersey is on display this month up in Cooperstown at the HOF. I took the kids up there last weekend and saw it was was able to tell my kids I played in the same era as him.

I am so jealous, I couldn't make it. Remember the two handed over the head foul shots?

I am so jealous, I couldn't make it. Remember the two handed over the head foul shots?

Hahah! Yes I do! Playing at Greensfield (Northtside Park) back in the 80's with him I really do! And the crazy part was he made most of them with that technique!

If you get a chance to get up to the Hall, the Jason Lyke collection will be on display up there thought the holidays and until about the 1st of the year according to Hall of Fame curator Tom Shieber.

It's on the 2nd floor just around the corner form the Jackie Robinson display

They also have:

*His 30' Silver with Orange striping Adirondack aluminum Little League bat he used to hit a HR off Mike Washington of Moose in a pivotal June 1985 game.

*All of his catching gear from his Little League Days

*A nice color photo of Tug on Don Dutter's lawn tractor with Mr. Dutter in the background with his signature pipe in mouth

*Locks of Tug's blonde hair

*The final ball from the game in which LIONS defeated Zopp's for the West division in a game during the '86 season hurled by Dave Barvinchak, but Tug caught the entire game and went 3-4 that day and 4 RBI's.

*The base from his only career stolen base against Kitchens Int'l whom he stole of Steve Kalka.

Get up there if you can. It's like taking a trip down J.C Little League memory lane. I think the week between Christmas and New Years, Tug will be signing along with former teammate Bob Deyo.

Hahah! Yes I do! Playing at Greensfield (Northtside Park) back in the 80's with him I really do! And the crazy part was he made most of them with that technique!

If you get a chance to get up to the Hall, the Jason Lyke collection will be on display up there thought the holidays and until about the 1st of the year according to Hall of Fame curator Tom Shieber.

It's on the 2nd floor just around the corner form the Jackie Robinson display

They also have:

*His 30' Silver with Orange striping Adirondack aluminum Little League bat he used to hit a HR off Mike Washington of Moose in a pivotal June 1985 game.

*All of his catching gear from his Little League Days

*A nice color photo of Tug on Don Dutter's lawn tractor with Mr. Dutter in the background with his signature pipe in mouth

*Locks of Tug's blonde hair

*The final ball from the game in which LIONS defeated Zopp's for the West division in a game during the '86 season hurled by Dave Barvinchak, but Tug caught the entire game and went 3-4 that day and 4 RBI's.

*The base from his only career stolen base against Kitchens Int'l whom he stole of Steve Kalka.

Get up there if you can. It's like taking a trip down J.C Little League memory lane. I think the week between Christmas and New Years, Tug will be signing along with former teammate Bob Deyo.

Do they happen to have the sheet of skin that came off of M.J.s thumb after being hit by a Moschak fastball?

Or that classic picture of Jack Stilloe and Tug drinking a beer after a game at the flagpole?

By the way, that stolen base should have been a passed ball, Kalka got the signs crossed up.

Do they happen to have the Barkman brothers vintage wildcat jackets up in that wing??

Do they happen to have the sheet of skin that came off of M.J.s thumb after being hit by a Moschak fastball?

Or that classic picture of Jack Stilloe and Tug drinking a beer after a game at the flagpole?

By the way, that stolen base should have been a passed ball, Kalka got the signs crossed up.

Do they happen to have the Barkman brothers vintage wildcat jackets up in that wing??

Official scorer Pete Dobransky still to this day says it was a stolen base. It's still debated on bar stools across the village as to what the proper call should have been.

Elmer's jacket is there but his brother refused to part ways with his. Rumor is he placed it in Don Dutters casket at his wake but that is not confirmed, nor denied by the Dutter family.

I saw a score card from the no hitter John Gaughn hurled against Moose up there.

There was also a ball that Chris White hit into the pool off Jim Iitterly is on display as well.

Was hoping to see some more jerseys up there but at least I got to see Perry Green's, Mike Holberts, Renny Spencers and Kevin Newmans just to name a few.

Official scorer Pete Dobransky still to this day says it was a stolen base. It's still debated on bar stools across the village as to what the proper call should have been.

Elmer's jacket is there but his brother refused to part ways with his. Rumor is he placed it in Don Dutters casket at his wake but that is not confirmed, nor denied by the Dutter family.

I saw a score card from the no hitter John Gaughn hurled against Moose up there.

There was also a ball that Chris White hit into the pool off Jim Iitterly is on display as well.

Was hoping to see some more jerseys up there but at least I got to see Perry Green's, Mike Holberts, Renny Spencers and Kevin Newmans just to name a few.

Remember the 1988 homerun chase between Bob Farrell and Nate Zelesnikar? I think Nate took it by one, 9 to 8. Baseball historians claim that HR chase is what brought people back to baseball after the Little League strike of 1984.

Any video documenting the classic arguments Jingles would incite with his horrible umpiring?

I think you are right about Bill Barkman placing his jacket on the casket. They are debating whether or not to include that part in the upcoming movie "Dutter" from what I hear.

Remember the 1988 homerun chase between Bob Farrell and Nate Zelesnikar? I think Nate took it by one, 9 to 8. Baseball historians claim that HR chase is what brought people back to baseball after the Little League strike of 1984.

Any video documenting the classic arguments Jingles would incite with his horrible umpiring?

I think you are right about Bill Barkman placing his jacket on the casket. They are debating whether or not to include that part in the upcoming movie "Dutter" from what I hear.

I was in my last year of Pony league playing on United Auto when the chase was going on and as we all know crowds at Poplar Field paled in comparison to that of Don Dutter field, but that summer was a magical one as both parks were packed on a nightly basis, both feeding off each other. I remember Dave Reynolds on then Marine Midland crushing a bomb off of Kevin Newman of J.C Police the same night Zelesnikar went yard over on the other field.

Jingles umped at JC? Interesting because I don't recall, not saying he didn't of you are wrong but I guess I was too young and naive to recall. I do remember Stan Ziemba of Quick's/Partners Insurance led the league in ejections every year with a close second to Bill Barkman of Glenwood/L.T. Stan would then proceed to the area behind home plate between the concession stand and the visitors dugout while berating the umps even more. Classic. Right next to that sweet water fountain that either never shut off or on for that matter. Saw this summer that whole area is closed off now. That's was one of my favorite parts of going to L.L games back then, stockpiling up on Lolli's and sweedish fish just to watch parents harass umps and see Zeimba get tossed.

Who was casted to play Don Dutter in "Dutter"? Any clue? Word on the street is it's either Jean Luc Picard or Ben Kingsley. Both fine choices. I know they are asking Joe Torre to play Stan Ziemba for a few cameo roles.

• 9 months later...
!.Dick Orzel

2.Steve Chomaszk

3.Mark Seaman

4.Josh Glenn

5.Bobby Masar

6.Mike Moran

7.Josh Peters

8.Jon Yesensky

9.Duquan Jones

This list sucks compared to an All time great U.E. list. Vestal probably comes in number two. The old Binghamton Central number 3.

This list sucks compared to an All time great U.E. list. Vestal probably comes in number two. The old Binghamton Central number 3.
Vestal would blow UE right off the map. If you put down the great Wldcaters'-JC might be #1.

!.Dick Orzel

2.Steve Chomaszk

3.Mark Seaman

4.Josh Glenn

5.Bobby Masar

6.Mike Moran

7.Josh Peters

8.Jon Yesensky

9.Duquan Jones

Seymore Hinie was right there with Jon Yesensky and should be on the list too!!!

Guest get real
Dave Durgala

Lauren Mullins- come on, she broke a course record held by Molly Huddle, now one of the best 5000 meter runners in the world. If she could stay healthy she could be a National Champion and World Class athlete in a sport that is truly international- the most participated in sport in the world.

End of Post

Guest fartboy
Nobody beats the Tigers. Not even close.
When do you want to start the battle? I'm ready. name your Tigers, and then I'll name the "better" Golden Bears.

Lauren Mullins- come on, she broke a course record held by Molly Huddle, now one of the best 5000 meter runners in the world. If she could stay healthy she could be a National Champion and World Class athlete in a sport that is truly international- the most participated in sport in the world.

End of Post

Phil Dembowski, Ed Connelly and Billy Massar.

Guest Tiger Greats
When do you want to start the battle? I'm ready. name your Tigers, and then I'll name the "better" Golden Bears.

Tiger greats

1 . Johnny Logan MLB All Star all around athlete in all sports

2. Isiah Kascevenski NFL wrestler Sec 4 champ, state semifinalist

3. Jim Johnson MLB in his third season with more to come.

4. Art Jones NFL State wrestling champ

5. Joe Mott NFL

6. Doc Matisi First team All American in football shot put record for 30 years

7.. Jon Bones Jones MMA star state champ in wrestling

8. Chandler Jones Syracuse DE basketball player

9. Tom Mason 3 sport star, offered contract by Phillies, quarterback at Iowa State

10. Jordan Thomas Sec4 200 dash record holder, now at Rurgers for football

11. Ron Luciano played for the Detroit Lions and MLB umpire and author

12. Randy Zur Quarterback at Syracuse

13. Any Nezelik AAA pitcher, fast track for the Braves until he blew his arm out. Basketball star in HS

14. Mickey Murtha QB at Univeristy of Buffalo

15. Sean Kerins starting forward for Syracuse basketball

16. Bob Norris Delaware running back, track star

17 Rod Zur Penn State football, basketball, and track

18. Rob Cole First team All State in football and wrestling like Arthur Jones (very rare)

19. Fran Boreffi- maybe greates hitter ever out of this area. Outhit teamate Gary Sheffield in his first year

20. Jeff Pilarcek QB at Northeastern, baseball pitcher

Tiger greats

1 . Johnny Logan MLB All Star all around athlete in all sports

2. Isiah Kascevenski NFL wrestler Sec 4 champ, state semifinalist

3. Jim Johnson MLB in his third season with more to come.

4. Art Jones NFL State wrestling champ

5. Joe Mott NFL

6. Doc Matisi First team All American in football shot put record for 30 years

7.. Jon Bones Jones MMA star state champ in wrestling

8. Chandler Jones Syracuse DE basketball player

9. Tom Mason 3 sport star, offered contract by Phillies, quarterback at Iowa State

10. Jordan Thomas Sec4 200 dash record holder, now at Rurgers for football

11. Ron Luciano played for the Detroit Lions and MLB umpire and author

12. Randy Zur Quarterback at Syracuse

13. Any Nezelik AAA pitcher, fast track for the Braves until he blew his arm out. Basketball star in HS

14. Mickey Murtha QB at Univeristy of Buffalo

15. Sean Kerins starting forward for Syracuse basketball

16. Bob Norris Delaware running back, track star

17 Rod Zur Penn State football, basketball, and track

18. Rob Cole First team All State in football and wrestling like Arthur Jones (very rare)

19. Fran Boreffi- maybe greates hitter ever out of this area. Outhit teamate Gary Sheffield in his first year

20. Jeff Pilarcek QB at Northeastern, baseball pitcher

you forgot to mention that rob cole went to notre dame for football

ed koban state champ football starter for syracuse football

steve villanti state football champ syracuse football

gary beddoe state football champ rutgers football

bob koban northeastern football

sonny spera syracuse basketball

mike sinicki boston college basketball

i could be wrong, but wasn't jerry sckonecki from u-e. he played on the syracuse 1959's undefeated football team. he's got a nice ring to show it.

i would take boreffi off there for obvious reasons - he plunged faster than tiger

Archived