Best Athlete in JC History

Guest Guest

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I would have to say Teddy Skoeniecki, i mean Jerry. Thoughts??

Ken McLoughlin- swimming from the early 80's.

I'm sure I'll get mocked for that but the guy was so dominant and still has school records that won't be broken.

Just my opinion.

Guest Clue JR

How can we include people from the 50s 60s and 70s when the countries population was half the size. I understand that there are more ways to get where you want to be. But players who played 50s in 60s cannot compete with the athlete today. The Higher Level ones that is!!!!!!!

How can we include people from the 50s 60s and 70s when the countries population was half the size. I understand that there are more ways to get where you want to be. But players who played 50s in 60s cannot compete with the athlete today. The Higher Level ones that is!!!!!!!

I bet you WIlt Chamerlain would be a force in the NBA in four years if we could time-transport an 18 year-old version of him to 2008.

The best athletes from a decades-old era would benefit from the training methodolgy of today too. Sure, bring a 27 year-old Roger Staubach to 2008 and he might struggle, but bring an 18 year-old Roger and then getting all the training that any D1-bound athlete gets and the athleticism in him rises to that level.

I played at a local high school in the 70s and the best overall athlete we had then is easily among the best ever and would be a star in all three sports he excelled at in high school, football, basketball and baseball. Others, no. But the best of them, yes. Guys like Julius Erving, Gale Sayers, OJ, Bobby Orr and on a high school level locally, Bobby Campbell, John Schultz, Dick Barvinchak, Mark Iacovelli, Randy Payne, Mark Mysnyk.

Wolf

Guest Guest
i agree but it was mid late 70's 76-77?

You are correct. I thought it was early 80's but I was wrong after I talked to a friend who graduated in '84.

I think he still has numerous school and Section IV records if I recall. I think he once was one of the tops in the country at the 50m freestyle.

You are correct. I thought it was early 80's but I was wrong after I talked to a friend who graduated in '84.

I think he still has numerous school and Section IV records if I recall. I think he once was one of the tops in the country at the 50m freestyle.

he still holds at least two jc records ,not sure about section iv.he had a good career at indiana and i think he was put in the jc hall of fame this past year

Guest flash

Best athlete in JC histoy? Phil Dembowski or Bobby Holbert. You also have to consider... Jack Spalik, Ed Connelly, Gerry Skoniecki, Al Petranek, Bill Silvanic(father, not Bill Jr.), Dick Dino and Mike Moran. Best I ever played against.., Jim Doherty, Dick Barvinchak and Tom Mason.

Guest Guest
Best athlete in JC histoy? Phil Dembowski or Bobby Holbert. You also have to consider... Jack Spalik, Ed Connelly, Gerry Skoniecki, Al Petranek, Bill Silvanic(father, not Bill Jr.), Dick Dino and Mike Moran. Best I ever played against.., Jim Doherty, Dick Barvinchak and Tom Mason.

What about Denny Lubert???

Guest Guest

The word 'history' was used thus that coudl back even further than the 50s, 60's and 70s. It doesn't say the best athlete today.

Guest Edgar
Jimmy Colgan and Todd Place and Brad Cook
You might as well put Troy Robinson, who has to be the worst basketball player I've ever heard of making an all-star team. Can't believe the pull Woitech has! Totally amazing!

You might as well put Troy Robinson, who has to be the worst basketball player I've ever heard of making an all-star team. Can't believe the pull Woitech has! Totally amazing!

the "all star "-all division teams are a joke. they are basically a "everybody wins" type of thing. coaches get people on because they are seniors or if they have a crappy team they get their best player on ,deserving or not.look at the all division team for jc boys soccer this year. some of those players were put on in positions they never played .not for the position they played,but because they were seniors and they had a good team

how the heck did anyone make any allstar related team on jc especially troy robinson
Troy lesd the team in turnovers and shot 25x a game. What was his shooting %? The only point guard on the Wildcats was Dominic and that's not saying too much. The only guy that improved on the basketball team was Jones.

Guest another guest
Troy lesd the team in turnovers and shot 25x a game. What was his shooting %? The only point guard on the Wildcats was Dominic and that's not saying too much. The only guy that improved on the basketball team was Jones.

Lots of different sports, lots of different very good athletes-Bob holbert (baseball) Chomaszyk(Spelling? football, played NFL) McLaughlin (boys swimming), Tom Klym, Steve Teeter , Jimmy Massar (boys track) Josh Glenn and others (Wrestling) Manzer (girls B-ball) Paige Mullins (girlsXC, track) Dick Dino (basketball, football and many many more-to pick the best ever is impossible since they all played different sports in different time periods. Its also unfair to the athletes from the 40s-50s 60s 70s since fewer and fewer rememeber their achievementsor ever saw them play.

Guest Guest
Lots of different sports, lots of different very good athletes-Bob holbert (baseball) Chomaszyk(Spelling? football, played NFL) McLaughlin (boys swimming), Tom Klym, Steve Teeter , Jimmy Massar (boys track) Josh Glenn and others (Wrestling) Manzer (girls B-ball) Paige Mullins (girlsXC, track) Dick Dino (basketball, football and many many more-to pick the best ever is impossible since they all played different sports in different time periods. Its also unfair to the athletes from the 40s-50s 60s 70s since fewer and fewer rememeber their achievementsor ever saw them play.

Harold Farrell- 1940's............

Archived