Puppy Problem???

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Now that my male puppy is getting bigger he keeps humping everybody's legs! This is embarrassing when we have guests over. Anyone have any suggestions???

Guest dogowner

He's trying to assert dominance. There are a number of ways to teach your to be submissive. Try googling it for suggestions from a pro. I've never had to deal with that problem with my dog, though he's had some dominance issues. Maybe I have ugly legs.

Guest dogowner
neuter, neuter, neuter.....the best start to correcting the issue of he isn't already done.

I totally agree. I assumed it was already done. Opps.

neuter, neuter, neuter.....the best start to correcting the issue of he isn't already done.

Too many people falsly believe that having a puppy neutered is the answer to all behavior problems. If you don't properly train a dog, and spend time daily reenforcing good habits, you will have problems, nuetered or not.

If you don't have the time to dedicate to your pet ... don't get one.

Guest Georgia
Now that my male puppy is getting bigger he keeps humping everybody's legs! This is embarrassing when we have guests over. Anyone have any suggestions???

Ummm :huh: How about a female :blink::blink::blink:

Guest Big Poppa!!!
He's trying to assert dominance. There are a number of ways to teach your to be submissive. Try googling it for suggestions from a pro. I've never had to deal with that problem with my dog, though he's had some dominance issues. Maybe I have ugly legs.

Hump him back!!! That'll show him who's boss!!!!

Too many people falsly believe that having a puppy neutered is the answer to all behavior problems. If you don't properly train a dog, and spend time daily reenforcing good habits, you will have problems, nuetered or not.

If you don't have the time to dedicate to your pet ... don't get one.

Totally agreed!

We had a black lab mix that used to hump the kids kickball. LOL He would roll across the yard. Then I had a small mixed breed dog and we had company one night and he was sitting on the coach between the man and woman and the guy was talking and waving his arm the dog wrapped around his arm and started humping. OMG, we laughed until we cried! Usually a puppy out grows this, atleast ours did. Good luck!

Guest Guest
gotta get that dog a humpy bear... keep his mind off your ankles LMAO

Our dog had a bear that he used for that purpose. He positioned her just so she's leaning over the arm of the couch and just go nuts. Alas, he tore her eyeballs out and there was fuzz everywhere so we had to throw her away and now he's humping pillows on the kids bed. Gross. We try to keep him away from the pillows and anything else 'humpable'. At least he hasn't tried to hump anyone's leg yet.

Archived