For Catholics....

A Faithful Catholic

Look at the smiley face below after reading this. :P

Ash Wednesday's Gospel Reading:

Mt 6:1-6, 16-18

Jesus said to his disciples:

“Take care not to perform righteous deeds

in order that people may see them;

otherwise, you will have no recompense from your heavenly Father.

When you give alms,

do not blow a trumpet before you,

as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets

to win the praise of others.

Amen, I say to you,

they have received their reward.

But when you give alms,

do not let your left hand know what your right is doing,

so that your almsgiving may be secret.

And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.

“When you pray,

do not be like the hypocrites,

who love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on street corners

so that others may see them.

Amen, I say to you,

But when you pray, go to your inner room,

close the door, and pray to your Father in secret.

When you fast,

do not look gloomy like the hypocrites.

They neglect their appearance,

so that they may appear to others to be fasting.

Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward.

But when you fast,

anoint your head and wash your face,

so that you may not appear to be fasting,

except to your Father who is hidden.

And your Father who sees what is hidden will repay you.”

post-101-1202350896_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yousuck

When you give alms,

Amen, I say to you,

But when you give alms,

“When you pray,

Amen, I say to you,

When you fast,

But when you fast,

why is it for catholics only, sounds like a typical hypocritical church going hippie, be more accepting of others and you will be accepted more as well. people like this make me sick they act like because they go to church they are good people and can do no wrong, but still find room to exclude everyone not in their clique.

When you give alms,

Amen, I say to you,

But when you give alms,

“When you pray,

Amen, I say to you,

When you fast,

But when you fast,

What do you think about all the scientific proof about the universe and galaxy and planet that suggests the Earth was formed about 4 billion years ago in a swirling disc of gas and dust,also what will happen to these priests that rape kids,do they just get to confess and go to heaven?

why is it for catholics only, sounds like a typical hypocritical church going hippie,

The New Testament was written BY Catholics - inspired by the Holy Spirit - FOR Catholics. The Catholic Church was the ONLY Church in existence until the Orthodox split of in 1054 AD. Then the ENTIRE canon of the bible was finalized by the Catholic Bishops in the 4rth century.

be more accepting of others and you will be accepted more as well.

Accept the person, never the sin. Mortal sins kill souls.

people like this make me sick they act like because they go to church they are good people and can do no wrong, but still find room to exclude everyone not in their clique.

We are all sinners. Unfortunately, I commit sins everyday so I do wrong everyday. I strive not too. Faithful Catholics, who practice their faith, are doing exactly what the Lord commanded them to do when they attend Mass and partake of the Eucharist as well as the other Sacraments, amongst other things....

What do you think about all the scientific proof about the universe and galaxy and planet that suggests the Earth was formed about 4 billion years ago in a swirling disc of gas and dust,

Nobody can say for certain when the earth or galaxy were formed. Besides, the Lord is OUTSIDE of time and space.

also what will happen to these priests that rape kids,do they just get to confess and go to heaven?

If they repent, are truly sorry, take part in the Sacrament of Penance, and they die with no mortal sins on their soul, heaven is a possibility or even a certainty. No sin, no matter how horrible, can conquer the Lord's unending mercy.

Those attacks are all inspired by Satan. All evil temptation comes from Satan. Those priests chose to do evil using their free will to choose. All those practicing homosexual priests also chose/choose evil instead of good. Don't you think Hell is rejoicing from all the fallout of these scandals? :angry::angry:

Hell is rejoicing when people leave the Church and go somewhere else. That's a win for hell too. :angry:

After Jesus told Peter He would build His Church on Peter, He promised the Gates of Hell will not prevail against that Church. For 2,000 years the gates haven't.

Nobody can say for certain when the earth or galaxy were formed. Besides, the Lord is OUTSIDE of time and space.

If they repent, are truly sorry, take part in the Sacrament of Penance, and they die with no mortal sins on their soul, heaven is a possibility or even a certainty. No sin, no matter how horrible, can conquer the Lord's unending mercy.

Those attacks are all inspired by Satan. All evil temptation comes from Satan. Those priests chose to do evil using their free will to choose. All those practicing homosexual priests also chose/choose evil instead of good. Don't you think Hell is rejoicing from all the fallout of these scandals? :angry::angry:

Hell is rejoicing when people leave the Church and go somewhere else. That's a win for hell too. :angry:

After Jesus told Peter He would build His Church on Peter, He promised the Gates of Hell will not prevail against that Church. For 2,000 years the gates haven't.

Why didn't Jesus or God mention anything to the guy who wrote the bible about the history of the planet and where we come from,Homo erectus,dinosaurs these are pretty big things,did God create the dinosaurs,almost like nobody knew anything about it and kind of made stuff up,until a guy dug up some bones.

Dinosaurs and the bible:

The Bible refers to many the common animals we know today. The list includes lions, wolves, bears, sheep, cattle and dogs along with various kinds of birds, rodents, reptiles, and insects. What is interesting is that this extensive list includes three animals that we no longer recognize. These three are (in the original Hebrew language) tanniyn, b@hemowth (yes, it’s spelled correctly—at least as close as we can get in Roman characters), and livyathan.

Although we alter the spelling of behemoth and Leviathan slightly, we still use those same words in bibles today. However, tanniyn is always translated into another word when we write it in English. Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” The word “dinosaur” was originally coined in 1841, more than three thousand years after the Bible first referred to “Tanniyn.” To make things clearer, we constructed the following table comparing the scientific names with the Biblical names tanniyn, behemoth, and Leviathan.

Don't you people get it. Just don't respond to the posts.

AFC - Saw this little bit when I was reading The Word last night.

Genesis 13 7, 8:

Rivalries, arguments, and disagreements between believers:

1) Damage goodwill

2) Hamper progress toward important goals

3) Make us self-centered instead of Christ-centered.

Have a nice day. :D

TWS

Guest Illuminatus

Genesis 13 7, 8:

1) Damage goodwill

TWS

You must not be reading a Catholic bible...... :rolleyes:

Genesis 13 7, 8:

1) Damage goodwill

TWS

Why did you leave the Church then? The "reformed" churches have been PROTESTING against the True Church of Christ since 1511 AD. Why did you join them against the ABOVE? The heretics of the 1500s are the ones that shattered the Church!

Why did you leave the Church then? The "reformed" churches have been PROTESTING against the True Church of Christ since 1511 AD. Why did you join them against the ABOVE? The heretics of the 1500s are the ones that shattered the Church!

Unfortunately, I found the information that I read more pertinent to you than me.

TWS

Guest Christian

Why would anyone be so concerned about insulting the Muslims? Their Kuran tells them to kill unbelievers. Are you an unbeliever of Allah? If so, the Muslim religion is calling for your death. I find that to be rather disconcerting. It's one thing for individuals to take it upon themselves and act in a horrible way, but we are now talking about their holy book - the book that calls for the death of all unbelievers. So if someone wants to insult people who believe in the torture and murder of non-believers, so what?

And If I sound a little annoyed it's probably because I was just reading how some Catholic and Christians were murdered in India by a pack of Muslims, or is it Mooslims. Who gives a rip.

Why would anyone be so concerned about insulting the Muslims? Their Kuran tells them to kill unbelievers. Are you an unbeliever of Allah? If so, the Muslim religion is calling for your death. I find that to be rather disconcerting. It's one thing for individuals to take it upon themselves and act in a horrible way, but we are now talking about their holy book - the book that calls for the death of all unbelievers. So if someone wants to insult people who believe in the torture and murder of non-believers, so what?

And If I sound a little annoyed it's probably because I was just reading how some Catholic and Christians were murdered in India by a pack of Muslims, or is it Mooslims. Who gives a rip.

It's called respecting people. Please do not confuse respecting people of other faiths as the same as respecting terrorists. They are two separate things. And depending upon interpretations, there are things in the Bible many would find offensive if taken literally.

Step back a little and try to distance yourself from falling into categorizing all people based on the actions of some. Wouldn't you want the same in return? Calling people of different faiths derogatory names leads you down a very narrow, one-way path and only diminishes what faith of your own you may have.

Guest Christian

Please let's get something straight here - the Koran is the "bible" for all believing Muslims. It is not just for terrorists. It is the book of beliefs for ALL Muslims. Now if Dr. So and So who lives here in Broome Cnty chooses to reject the Koran that's his personal belief but it does not take away the belief from ALL Muslims. The leaders of the Muslim religion publicly call for either the conversion (forced or not) of everyone to the Muslim religion or their deaths. How much clearer do they have to make that?

Have you ever seen a public apology by any Muslim religious leader for the horrendous murders by Islamists? Our area is full of Muslims and none of them have ever expressed public outrage at what their countrymen are doing. After 911 all we ever heard was about their fear and their feelings because people were now looking at them with suspicion.

Respect? I have respect for life - the lives of the millions killed all over the world by Muslims: the nuns, priests, ministers, missionaries, the innocent Christians who did nothing wrong but believed in and loved Christ. So please, let's not get all caught up in this respect and tolerance b.s. because for most Americans it just doesn't fly anymore.

Please let's get something straight here - the Koran is the "bible" for all believing Muslims. It is not just for terrorists. It is the book of beliefs for ALL Muslims. Now if Dr. So and So who lives here in Broome Cnty chooses to reject the Koran that's his personal belief but it does not take away the belief from ALL Muslims. The leaders of the Muslim religion publicly call for either the conversion (forced or not) of everyone to the Muslim religion or their deaths. How much clearer do they have to make that?

Have you ever seen a public apology by any Muslim religious leader for the horrendous murders by Islamists? Our area is full of Muslims and none of them have ever expressed public outrage at what their countrymen are doing. After 911 all we ever heard was about their fear and their feelings because people were now looking at them with suspicion.

Respect? I have respect for life - the lives of the millions killed all over the world by Muslims: the nuns, priests, ministers, missionaries, the innocent Christians who did nothing wrong but believed in and loved Christ. So please, let's not get all caught up in this respect and tolerance b.s. because for most Americans it just doesn't fly anymore.

Great post.

Acceptance and tolerance are lib terms and are meaningless to me:

I will never accept sin nor tolerate it. :blink:

Archived