Need Help

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I need to get my female cat fixed right away she is driving us crazy! Does anyone know a good place to go that is not outrageous in price but is still sanitary and takes good care of the animals while they are there?

Guest Guest
My sister in law has taken both her cats to The Cat Dr in JC

I called the Cat Doctor they wanted $125 and Johnson City Vet Hospital wanted $112, I think those prices are kinda steep.

Guest Guest
I called the Cat Doctor they wanted $125 and Johnson City Vet Hospital wanted $112, I think those prices are kinda steep.

Wow I thought they were bad I just called the Vestal Vet Hospital and they wanted $414 for everything...holy cow I didn't know finding a stray cat and helping it out was going to cost so much money.

Guest Guest
Just don't let her sneak out the door beforehand!!!

Oh no she won't...she hates outside...when I open the door she runs the other way...lol she is such a good kitten.

Guest Guest
I'd be prepared for it, personally...remember, she's not thinking w/ the big head right now.

I think you have to wait till she's out of this wave (of being in heat), too, although I could very well be wrong.

Yeah I still keep my eye out for her when I open the door...just in case. Right now she just likes sitting in the window and looking outside but if I open the window (with the screen of course) she wants nothing to do with it.

Guest Guest
Thank you so much I'm going to call them right away, I feel so bad for her she sounds very uncomfortable.

I called Project Paw and their message machine said they were not doing the spray/neuter program anymore (not sure why they still post in the paper), SPEAK is booked out until June (that is crazy) and I had to leave a message with the Animal Care Council, hopefully they won't be booked out to far.

Guest Guest

They make this big stink about getting your cats spay/neuter but then it cost an arm and a leg to get it done. I think that is one reason why we have so many strays, it is expensive and most people think cats are not worth the money.

Guest In The Know
I need to get my female cat fixed right away she is driving us crazy! Does anyone know a good place to go that is not outrageous in price but is still sanitary and takes good care of the animals while they are there?

Speak is the least expensive, best vet for spays and neuters that is why they are booked into June, I would call around to all the vets and choose the one that is least expensive or wait until June. The vets I would not go to for a spay even though they are reasonable are Demaree and Belinger, these vets are fine for shots only (not surgery).

Newark Valley Animal Hospital--Karen O'Brien

51 Dodson Hill Rd. (off from 38B)

Newark Valley, NY 642-3327

I am not sure how much she charges, but she is good. Speak and places like that are cheaper, but there is a long waiting list.

Guest Guest

The Animal Care Council just called me back and said they were booked til the end of April but gave me another vets name and number and stated he does spays for $60....not to bad.

The Animal Care Council just called me back and said they were booked til the end of April but gave me another vets name and number and stated he does spays for $60....not to bad.

Care to share the name for others who may be looking for a good inexpensive vet? Please?

Archived