Anyone Else Sick of Hearing About Spitzer??

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Should Spitzer resign, is the question everyone is asking. “But of course,” is the answer. However — Sen. Larry Craig set the template for how to get away with this kind of thing. Promise to quit, wait until the furor dies down, then start hedging. Craig’s maneuver is known as the “modified Clinton.”

Lots of Republicans called on Craig to quit. I wonder how many Democrats will demand the same of Spitzer?

Guest Guest
Should Spitzer resign, is the question everyone is asking. “But of course,” is the answer. However — Sen. Larry Craig set the template for how to get away with this kind of thing. Promise to quit, wait until the furor dies down, then start hedging. Craig’s maneuver is known as the “modified Clinton.”

Lots of Republicans called on Craig to quit. I wonder how many Democrats will demand the same of Spitzer?

That will all depend on how many of them (and Republicans) used the same call girl services, or any service, and if it's verifiable.

Interesting that all the Feds did was follow the money. They had no idea what they were looking for when they found the money transfers that the Gov. made. They probably assumed he was selling influence or favors at first. Spitz is probably fortunate that it was about sex and not corruption and influence peddling. He will still be employable somewhere.

Guest Guest
That will all depend on how many of them (and Republicans) used the same call girl services, or any service, and if it's verifiable.

Interesting that all the Feds did was follow the money. They had no idea what they were looking for when they found the money transfers that the Gov. made. They probably assumed he was selling influence or favors at first. Spitz is probably fortunate that it was about sex and not corruption and influence peddling. He will still be employable somewhere.

This whole affair has not been fully played out yet. Don't be so sure that this isn't about corruption and influence peddling. Stay tuned.........and pass the popcorn!

Are you serious?

The seated governor of New York state and he's caught in an illegal international prostitution ring, which is very likely just the tip of the iceberg, and you want this to be all gone, less than 24 hours after the news breaks?

Unreal, some of you.

Guest Guest
This whole affair has not been fully played out yet. Don't be so sure that this isn't about corruption and influence peddling. Stay tuned.........and pass the popcorn!

All indications so far are that he got caught in a paid booty call.

The Feds thought that they had something bigger on their hands when they found the money transfers, and all they found (that we know of) is a naked Governor.

Don't read too much into it.

Guest Guest

The Feds thought that they had something bigger on their hands when they found the money transfers, and all they found (that we know of) is a naked Governor.

How long before the girl(s) come foward and are plastered in the papers? That would really be icing on the proverbial cake.

Guest Guest

Ever hear of "structuring"?

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part4/ch25s17.html

The other shoe will fall any day now. HEH. (Pass the popcorn!)

I believe that he should resign 100%, but jail time? In some parts of the country this is legal. And if he was not in politics, they would not even care. The guys life is ruined already. I think that jail time would be insane. I do hope they hit him with lots of fines though! I think he should pay so much that my taxes should go down for the year!

Guest Guestss

No, I 'm not sick of it at all. WE all have a stake in this in NY., why should we be judged to want to see it to its end? You act like it's just a silly mistake and suddenly who are we to judge? He's dumped on so many people there isn't one who will defend him if you are paying attention that is.

You want to play you take it all and as usual they only come clean and apologize when caught.

For many reasons this guy has to walk the plank in public he is after all working for us and I expect more.

I think those who say let it be are those who have something in common.

Guest Guest

There is nothing more delicious than when a modern, Elmer Gantry-style moralist gets hoisted on its own petard. Given that Spitzer is not only a moralizing anti-business crusader, but also a former prosecutor who ranted and raved about the evils of prostitution, this is particularly delicious. He had it coming. Be prepared, however, for his inevitable resurgence, and for the Dems to roll out the Patented Clinton War Room Talking Points, Release 2.2, updated to reflect 2008 politics. “Nobody gets prosecuted under the Mann Act. The FBI are a little bit nutty, a little bit slutty. At least nobody died in this exercise of prostitution, unlike Bush’s selling the country to Halliburton. It’s just Republican panty sniffing. It’s a completely personal matter, between him and his wife.”

Guest Guest

This lyin bastard should be arrested, incarcerated until he posts bail (solitary confinement would be egalitarian), indicted, tried and convicted, then sentenced just like any other common criminal. Even time spent would be adequate, but Mr. SilverSpoon will just quit and live the quiet life of the millionaire puke he truly is.

The biggest problem for us is that this will be like the Flood of the Summer of '06 for Scammin Tomboy. This will give further reason for all the neocon phonies that live around here to re-elect another self serving scumbag.

Guest guestss

Personal indeed, an elected official who burned many a bridge for others and ruined lives, jobs lost and hatred abounds. He is to stand for something, for the public that look to him, but I guess you as others ask nothing of them, just ho hum, a man posting here for sure.

Clinton was impeached his legacy is Monica Lewinsky and that suits you just fine? I can't say he got off and Spitzer will not have it as easy. People are getting tired of the Good Ole Boys Club Mentality!

This isn't about Democrats and Republicans its about the arrogance, the power and the money and the stupidity of one who is to govern and be above the fray. I love Karma it never ceases to amaze me!

When are men going take a hold of their desires and act like men of respect who know how to control the urges. Women bring you down every time, what a sad statement at the end of it all.WEAKNESS!

Guest Guest

He set up dummy corporations and shell accounts to pay for his hookers.

He's your basic white collar crook...you know..the exact kind of crook he used to put in jail when he was "The Sheriff of Wall Street"....remember?

He's a phony and a hypocrite...and a crook.

Guest Guest
Personal indeed, an elected official who burned many a bridge for others and ruined lives, jobs lost and hatred abounds. He is to stand for something, for the public that look to him, but I guess you as others ask nothing of them, just ho hum, a man posting here for sure.

Clinton was impeached his legacy is Monica Lewinsky and that suits you just fine? I can't say he got off and Spitzer will not have it as easy. People are getting tired of the Good Ole Boys Club Mentality!

This isn't about Democrats and Republicans its about the arrogance, the power and the money and the stupidity of one who is to govern and be above the fray. I love Karma it never ceases to amaze me!

When are men going take a hold of their desires and act like men of respect who know how to control the urges. Women bring you down every time, what a sad statement at the end of it all.WEAKNESS!

This story is as old as the Bible. Remember Samson?

Guest Guest
Yeah, ok, so he moved some money around illegally.

That still doesn't create some Enormous Conspiracy to Peddle Influence, and send lucrative contracts to insiders.

Don't be so sure. Heh.

Samson indeed, thats it?

Men will be men is that your answer and is that OK for you?

Well it's not for me and many as you will see.

What it does tell me from your post is men have no control over their so called needs. Needs indeed, what is a wife of 21 yrs. and three daughters? If that isnt' enough and a huge career, money and family and he still needs a kinky sex life? Bottom line men have no control, weakness fits.

Guest Guest
Samson indeed, thats it?

Men will be men is that your answer and is that OK for you?

Well it's not for me and many as you will see.

What it does tell me from your post is men have no control over their so called needs. Needs indeed, what is a wife of 21 yrs. and three daughters? If that isnt' enough and a huge career, money and family and he still needs a kinky sex life? Bottom line men have no control, weakness fits.

Lighten up. The post above mine said that women are the weakness of men. " Women bring you down". My Samson statement was to bring up the fact that this has happened before and that some men have still not learned the lesson.

Guest Guest
I want to know why we need about 10 different posts all for the same topic!!??

Don't read them all. I personally am enjoying every minute of this.

Archived