Vacation??????

Guest gguest

Guest Canadian Travelers

I don't live in Broome County. But this year for vacation, I am packing up the wife, our kids, her parents and my folks and we're all headed to beautiful and bustling Broome County!!! So far our plan is to stay in one of your fine motor lodges. Sadly the Banner is no longer available, but we are sure that the Knights Inn in Endwell is a fine establishment.

We are going to take a tour of the world's longest string of used car lots on upper Front Street. Then we are going to go to downtown Binghamton to upload the pictures to our travel blog using the free Wi-Fi. We've seen signs for carousels on the interstate and we have heard (who in the world hasn't!) that Binghamton is the Carousel capitol of the free world. So, of course we plan to ride carousels, and we pray daily that the lines aren't too long!!! I mean, hello, carousels!!! Who needs a roller coaster or other thrill ride when they can ride the thrill a minute 19th century technology of a carousel!!! And to top it off, the carousels are spread out over a wide area of rustic housing in safe and clean neighborhoods, with the streets providing still more bumps and bounces!

We also hope to make it to the Goodwill theater to see some of the many shows that are there. We've been told that several Tony award winning actors are doing summer stock there. Our neighbors tell us that you all have some pretty awesomely bland delicacies we hope to enjoy- chicken slathered in Italian dressing and grilled to death is one. Another is potato filled with cheese. Wow- to heck with Paris or New Orleans or other culinary meccas- we are excited to hit Binghamton!!!

We hope to attend join in the stalking of your mayor and media that appears quite popular here as well. We had this one gent in Canada that did something similar, so this could be quite nostalgic, eh?

My family also understands that folk in your area are quite simple and dull-witted, and therefore like loud booms and shiny things, so we assume there will be fairly regularly scheduled and entirely lame fireworks displays. We hope so and plan to gawk at those watching in order to show our children what Neanderthal man was like.

We can't wait to come to Binghamton and see what a progressive, growing American city has to offer the rest of the world!

Guest Guest
Are you really going to Iraq this summer? If so good luck. My brother is going there in July.

Is your brothers name brian? and yes

Guest Guest
DELETED

Actually I thought it was pretty damn funny. Ever hear of a sense of humor or is it time to change the batteries in your sarcasm detector?

Good stuff and thanks for the laugh!

Guest Guest
Actually I thought it was pretty damn funny. Ever hear of a sense of humor or is it time to change the batteries in your sarcasm detector?

Good stuff and thanks for the laugh!

Yeah, I have heard of a sense of humor, hence my post.

I've got one.

CT, and you apparently, are idiots....unless you are one and the same, and therefore Ed.

Guest Guest
Yeah, I have heard of a sense of humor, hence my post.

I've got one.

CT, and you apparently, are idiots....unless you are one and the same, and therefore Ed.

Sounds like a great place to visit, oh wait people on BC Voice have managed to change the subject on a serious post once again. My mistake :huh:

Guest Guest
Sounds like a great place to visit, oh wait people on BC Voice have managed to change the subject on a serious post once again. My mistake :huh:

Take it back to Canadian Traveler, and don't be quoting on MY post.

Guest Guesto1

For the person going to Ocean City, Maryland try the Quality Inn Ocean Front. It is on 54th street.

You will love it there. Great place to go.

Guest Guest

Promised the in-laws a trip to Gettysburg - Can't wait to get out in the fresh air and walk the battlefields! Going to Wildwood too - neopolitan waffle sandwiches YUM :P !

Archived