Hyundai Tucson

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The Tucson is based on the previous-generation Elantra sedan and is smaller than the Santa Fe. The 2.7-liter V6 version is priced similarly to its four-cylinder competitors and delivers comparable acceleration but unimpressive fuel economy. A 2.0-liter four-cylinder is available. Handling is not very agile, but standard stability control makes it secure. The ride is comfortable, but suspension noise is pronounced. Cabin access is easy, and the rear is roomy. Antilock brakes and side and curtain air bags are standard. Reliability has been above average. IIHS side crash-test results are acceptable with the standard curtain air bags.

I would look at the Honda CR-V and the Toyota Rav 4 also..

Guest guest-guest
The Tucson is based on the previous-generation Elantra sedan and is smaller than the Santa Fe. The 2.7-liter V6 version is priced similarly to its four-cylinder competitors and delivers comparable acceleration but unimpressive fuel economy. A 2.0-liter four-cylinder is available. Handling is not very agile, but standard stability control makes it secure. The ride is comfortable, but suspension noise is pronounced. Cabin access is easy, and the rear is roomy. Antilock brakes and side and curtain air bags are standard. Reliability has been above average. IIHS side crash-test results are acceptable with the standard curtain air bags.

Guest Guest

Sure..you could buy one...but then you'd be the owner of a Hyundai.

Why would you do that to yourself when you could buy a Honda, Toyota or Subaru?

Guest IT guy

great information!

Anyone own one??? How are they? Thanks

I had one, best cheap SUV I ever bought! Warranty was unbelievable and it was a comfortable ride and a gas saver. I wouldn't be afraid to buy another one, just don't buy it from Miller Hyundai. They treat their customers like garbage!

I had one, best cheap SUV I ever bought! Warranty was unbelievable and it was a comfortable ride and a gas saver. I wouldn't be afraid to buy another one, just don't buy it from Miller Hyundai. They treat their customers like garbage!
I rented a Tucson from the airport about 6 months ago to go to NYC to rescue a car. Nice ride great cabin space and NYC and back with a half day city driving $50 gas.

Guest guest

Hyundai quality is very poor. I am a previous Hyundai owner and would never buy another. I spent too munch time in the repair shop to enjoy the vehicle. I currently own a Toyota RAV-4. It's a great car, with great service at Jack Sherman. I can just drive in, even on saturday, and have my oil changed without an appointment. I have never had an issue with the Toyota, just regular service.

If you keep it past warranty, you will pay that much in repairs not to mention the headaches.

I had mine until well past the warranty (which is 100,000 miles btw) and I sold it to a friend and he is still driving it. I think you just had a bad experience or didn't take care of your car. I also have a friend with an Elantra that has well over 100,000 miles and she drives the tires off of it and no major problems. I bought my mother a Sonota that had 100,000 miles on it when I bought it 2 years ago and she drives it like crazy and no problems. For the money, Hyundai and Kia are the best buy. If you want to spend 50% more, buy a Toyota or Honda and beat it up and you will get the same thing that you will get out of any car. Hyundai has an inexpensive price and a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty which is the best out there.

Hyundai quality is very poor. I am a previous Hyundai owner and would never buy another. I spent too munch time in the repair shop to enjoy the vehicle. I currently own a Toyota RAV-4. It's a great car, with great service at Jack Sherman. I can just drive in, even on saturday, and have my oil changed without an appointment. I have never had an issue with the Toyota, just regular service.

What year was your Hyundai? They didn't start to make decent ones until the late 90's......

Guest Guest
What year was your Hyundai? They didn't start to make decent ones until the late 90's......

I didnt own one. I do however, read consumer reports.

Archived