IRISH CONCERT/ST. PATRICKS DAY

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The Wolfe Tones are great. They've been playing together for over 40 years - since high school. They have sold millions of albums around the world. After an Irish prison escape (using a helicopter!!) they immediately recorded "The Helicopter Song" and it became the fastest selling record in Irish history - topping the Beatles, U2, Michael Jackson, etc.

Their songs are mostly "rebel songs", very pro-IRA. The concert is like a lesson in Irish history, as they explain the story behind many of their tunes. (Also usually a slide show on screen behind them)

Very friendly guys - you'll be able to meet them before & after the show (at least that's been my experience). Hope to see you there!

Guest Guest
That IS a funny clip, but YOU are obviously trolling w/ it.

...and I've got a little leprauchaun at the end of my line and his bag of gold..

alaska-fishing.jpg

Guest Guest

No, they've never played here on the 17th.

On second thought, maybe a couple of years ago they may have.

But I would think they'd be in NYC, Phila, or Boston??

Guest Guest

Fitzie & Blakslee are long time buddies of the Wolfe Tones. They have played once here on the 17th, this will b4e a 2nd time. They play here in memory of John Fitzgibbons. I think it's a nice jestuire on their part. Don't miss'em !!!

Archived