What is going on? Can someone help me understand???

Guest VERY WORRIED

Guest Guest
I agree with the above poster. Learn the difference of a need and a want. Be wise spenders of your money. I work with many low income people. It amazes me how people do not know the difference of a need and a want. A microwave, dryer, queen/king size bed are not needs, they are wants. A washer, stove/oven, twin/full bed are needs. The list could go on.

Who decides? Does DSS have a list? Maybe we need a multi-million dollar study to sort the wants from the needs list???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
of course there are poor people here. My point, which you seem to have missed, is that as bad as it gets around here, we're still pretty well off compared to alot of people on this planet. And unlike them, we have more ability to effect our futures for better or for worse than they ever will. So quit looking for scapegoats, be thankful for what you've got, and pay attention to how you spend the few dollars you have to spend.

I just so happen to agree with your point.

I couldn't have missed it before because you didn't actually make that point until just now.

Guest Guest
What is going on in the world?

I am really worried about my families economic future. Gas prices, inflation, falling dollar, taxes, I can't keep up. Am I the only one? Even the price of milk is crazy. I never set out to be a millionaire but I have always worked hard and I really didn't expect this. Taxes are up on the house and value is down. I can't keep up.

It is getting me evry depressed and worried. Can someone give me some advice?

Watch this..it might help understand what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NX8SdLIDuY

Guest Guest

I am really worried about my families economic future. Gas prices, inflation, falling dollar, taxes, I can't keep up. Am I the only one? Even the price of milk is crazy. I never set out to be a millionaire but I have always worked hard and I really didn't expect this. Taxes are up on the house and value is down. I can't keep up.

Every empire and civilization in the history of our world has fallen. We are not going to break the record, nor is any other country. Don't worry, it won't happen in your lifetime, but it most certainly will happen eventually.

You should channel your worried energy into getting all incumbants thrown or voted out of office, regardless of party affiliation. Right now they are pileing campaign contribution accusations on top of Spitzer, as if they are any less guilty. I don't even want to know how Tom Libous is able to raise millions of dollars with the blink of an eye. All I know is he and all incumbants at every level need to go. They make any problem 1000x worse with their greed, corruption, lack of vision, and overall incompetence. They actually believe that borrowing more money will magically fix the problem, when we can barely afford to make even the interest payments on the debt we already have.

Even if we have a long recession right now, it won't last more than a few years. The real problems will be 50 years from now when US Bonds reach junk bond status and we are no longer able to borrow money from Asia to fund both our economy and the day-to-day operations of our government. That's the real problem, not the price of milk.

Guest Guest
I just so happen to agree with your point.

I couldn't have missed it before because you didn't actually make that point until just now.

ok, I reread my original post and maybe the point wasn't crystal clear but when I was talking about us not being bombed and living in huts I was saying that we're way better off than many poor slobs on this earth. We should all quit crying about who's to blame for what, and start fixing our problems. And while were waiting for a chance to elect some honest politicians, we should focus on supporting local business, stay informed, and most of all, don't panic!

Guest alan greenspan
so the FEDERAL RESERVE is NOT part of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!!!! How can that be???

it's been privatley owned since 1913. you're right on top of things. you probably vote too.

Guest Guest
Things are bad and will get worse.

The U.S. economy is built upon a mountain of debt, borrowing and leverage, and that mountain is experiencing an avalanche of epic proportions. Economists call it "de-leveraging".

The problem is that is de-leveraging process is happening at such speed that policy makers cannot step the declines in asset prices including housing, stocks and bonds.

When this process is over - probably about two years from now - we are going to be a much poorer country by almost any measure

Don't forget, we have moved our manufacturing base to China. In the past manufacturing has pulled the country out of recession. This time we don't have the manufacturing to pull us out. Hopefully the manufacturing base can be rebuilt.

Guest Guest

If you really want to understand, here is a good place to start.

http://www.mises.org/

One cause of this is the Democrats,the global warming scam has caused 30% of the corn in the U.S to be used for biofuels,with global food reserves at the lowest in 30 years and global warming is fake do you think it is smart to be using food for fuel,way to go Al,I sure wish he won in 2000 then we would not have such a mess in Washington and we would not need to hope and change.Go Hillary...Go Hussein...Go Democrats.

Guest alan greenspan
One cause of this is the Democrats,the global warming scam has caused 30% of the corn in the U.S to be used for biofuels,with global food reserves at the lowest in 30 years and global warming is fake do you think it is smart to be using food for fuel,way to go Al,I sure wish he won in 2000 then we would not have such a mess in Washington and we would not need to hope and change.Go Hillary...Go Hussein...Go Democrats.

sorry, the cartoon kids get to speak later. this is for adults who can actually write a constructive and legible sentence. now go wash your hands before dinner.

sorry, the cartoon kids get to speak later. this is for adults who can actually write a constructive and legible sentence. now go wash your hands before dinner.

My bad,I always thought a sentence started with a capital letter,for dinner I'll have corn on the cob,right after I pull it out of my gas tank.I will laugh so hard when everybody is starving,I'm looking forward to watching the news at the dinner table,while they report on starvation I'll be stuffing my face.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
I agree with the above poster. Learn the difference of a need and a want. Be wise spenders of your money. I work with many low income people. It amazes me how people do not know the difference of a need and a want. A microwave, dryer, queen/king size bed are not needs, they are wants. A washer, stove/oven, twin/full bed are needs. The list could go on.

You say a washer is a need, but a dryer is a want. Don't you kinda need a dryer to dry your clothes after you wash them?

Guest Guest

Bush= Recession.... Bush= lost war... Bush= daughter a drunk... Bush= enron... Bush= head cheerleader at phillips academy... Bush= 9/11... Bush= single axis of evil... Bush= quail dung... Bush= privitization... Bush= 25th percentile on aptitude test air national guard. Bush= republican/communist... Bush= impeach... Bush= no constitutional rights... Bush= republicans that are scared, live in fear...

Guest Benni Booboo

Actually, no you do not need a dryer. Plan accordingly and hang them outside when the weather is nice and on a clothes rack when it is not. There is no agency in town who will give you money towards a dryer, but they will a washer, and only if you do not have the transportation or health means to go to a laundromat.

Guest Guest
You say a washer is a need, but a dryer is a want. Don't you kinda need a dryer to dry your clothes after you wash them?

Believe it or not, there was a time when people had just washers and not dryers.

How do you imagine we got our clothes dry??

Guest Guest

Ethanol? Who promoted the use of ethanol instead of fuel economy...? What a friggin joke.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. Bob, thanks for the introduction. It's always good to be introduced by somebody who is referred to as the "Promoter in Chief." (Laughter.) For 25 years, the Renewable Fuels Association has been a tireless advocate for ethanol producers. Your advocacy is paying off. Renewable energy is one of the great stories of recent years, and it's going to be a bigger story in the years to come. (Applause.)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...4/20060425.html

Guest Guest
Ethanol? Who promoted the use of ethanol instead of fuel economy...? What a friggin joke.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. Bob, thanks for the introduction. It's always good to be introduced by somebody who is referred to as the "Promoter in Chief." (Laughter.) For 25 years, the Renewable Fuels Association has been a tireless advocate for ethanol producers. Your advocacy is paying off. Renewable energy is one of the great stories of recent years, and it's going to be a bigger story in the years to come. (Applause.)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...4/20060425.html

What? It wasn't those nasty democrates like that lugnut GALVATRON thought..?

Guest Guest
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

But hey, who cares if the country goes to pot, at least we have a "moral" president in the Whitehouse now. God will fix it all now... Oh Goody. Why didn't we just bring in the pope?

Guest The Dismal Scientist.
Unlike president Bush, Prince Harry served. Lead by example. Bush just happens to be an example of what NOT to do.

In a very real way, the terrorist attacks on 9/11 had their intended impact on Western Civilization with the U.S. at the epicenter of the destruction.

The attacks created three Tsunami waves, the last of which is finally hitting our shores. Let's recap.

1st Wave: The immediate physical devastation of the attacks destroying life and property, and exacting a horrific psychological toll on the U.S. and the West.

2nd Wave: The abandonment of the core principles of western civilication including personal freedoms and rights of the individual in favor of a ruling class quite willing to compromise individual liberties and freedom. Also in this 2nd wave, is the fracturing and division of strategic alliances between the U.S. and its key allies in europe, the mid-east and south/central america that has isolated the U.S. from the rest of the world politically, militarily and socially.

3rd Wave: We are now in the third wave resulting from a monetary policy implemented at 9/11 that was designed to keep our economic system afloat and functioning, at the expense of our future. Well, that future has arrived. The easy money policies that led to excessive debt, borrowing and real estate speculation, or what we call an asset bubble in real estate, has exploded, with cascading impacts being distributed across the world economy.

This last wave will last for at least 2 years, and will most likely be made worse by political responses that are too little, too late, or make the problems worse.

What? It wasn't those nasty democrates like that lugnut GALVATRON thought..?

"A Democratic-led House is likely to amount to a political net plus for the ethanol industry. The political climate for ethanol in the Congress will shift from an environment that was already favorable to one that is promising for ethanol-friendly legislation over the coming years."

This transition from a Republican majority to a Democratic one will be beneficial to the ethanol industry as the, "Democrats [will] be more likely to hold congressional hearings on global warming, support higher gas taxes and encourage the shift toward forms of alternative energy such as wind and biofuels."

The Democratic Party has already spoken openly of its agenda, as it, "plans to end some subsidies for oil companies and encourage production of alternative sources of energy, such as ethanol, with a goal of U.S. independence from oil-producing nations by 2020."

Yesterday ethanol stocks flourished as a result, and today is no different. This bullish yet speculative news should come as a caution, and if you remember what happened after the 2006 State of the Union Address, deja-vu will most likely occur. The hype and speculation which will be created and the possibility of rising oil prices will be ideal recipe for another bubble.

Hopefully this time around ethanol companies will be able to prove themselves capable of operating profitably and investors will learn from their mistakes.

Don't forget the Republicans need some votes from the''stupid voter'' too.

WASHINGTON: Switching from gasoline to ethanol - touted as a green alternative at the pump - may create dirtier air, causing slightly more smog-related deaths, a new study says.

Nearly 200 more people would die yearly from respiratory problems if all vehicles in the United States were to run on a fuel blend made mostly of ethanol by 2020, the research concludes. The author of the study acknowledges that such a quick and monumental shift to plant-based fuels is next to impossible.

Each year, about 4,700 people, according to the author of the study, die from respiratory problems related to ozone, the unseen component of smog, combined with small particles. Ethanol would raise ozone levels, particularly in certain regions of the country.

"It's not green in terms of air pollution," said Mark Jacobson, a Stanford University civil and environmental engineering professor and author of the study. "If you want to use ethanol, fine, but don't do it based on health grounds. It's no better than gasoline, apparently slightly worse."

and it's Democrats I'll assume you are a ''stupid voter''

Become slaves to the 16 or so families that own the Federal Reserve. Abe Lincoln would be pissed!

I wonder how many slave slots will be open? And if I can be a house slave? As bizarre as it sounds I think you may have something. Like David Rockefeller said why should you care about them. Meaning us the peons. We had a pretty good run 200 years or so maybe time for us to go. Good luck1004795728000142258xervPlKOfc.htm

Archived