Raw Uncut Footage of Channel 34's Video of Attacking Protester's

Guest BCVoice Reporter

Guest BCVoice Reporter

Channel 34's raw uncut footage of protest and then the provoked attacked on Police.

Please post the link here on the Voice for easy viewing.

Guest Guest

I agree. More dogs & batons. Do we have any water cannons anywhere? You want to re-live the "glory days" of the 60's that you've seen in the movies? We're happy to help. Morons! Wait for the spin where they blame the cops for the violence. "THey didn't let us do what we want to do!" "We've got rights!" You've got the right to be maced, cuffed and slammed in the back of the wagon. :angry:

Guest Guest

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Guest Guest
That was an unfortunate situation.

Unfortunate you say...... they all should be tossed out of school, no respect for our police officers. To see them get out of jail all smiles give me a break. Kick them all out of school .....oh they have rights bullcrap, give our police who protect you respect.

Guest Guest
Unfortunate you say...... they all should be tossed out of school, no respect for our police officers. To see them get out of jail all smiles give me a break. Kick them all out of school .....oh they have rights bullcrap, give our police who protect you respect.

AMEN!

Guest Guest

I get the distinct impression that the 5 threads about the BU protest are heavily populated by one, perhaps two, posters.

Similar writing style throughout.

Try a little harder to fool us next time, Pilgrim.

Guest Guest
I get the distinct impression that the 5 threads about the BU protest are heavily populated by one, perhaps two, posters.

Similar writing style throughout.

Try a little harder to fool us next time, Pilgrim.

You mean one who keeps saying imps?

Guest Guest

I get so sick and tired of people complaining about how the cops treat people. If the SUNY students got rough with the cops then the cops should be able to get rough with the SUNY students. If I was on the parkway caught in this traffic or if what they did would have cause an accident I would have been IRATE. I have no problems with SUNY being here I have a problem with the certain few who think they are better than everyone and everything. They walk around thinking they own the City. That's what TICKS me off! It is really that hard for people to be respectful of others or to be nice anymore?? I don't think it is too much to ask for. I try to teach my kids to have respect for other people and to use manners at all times. It really isn't that hard!!

Guest Guest

It looks to me like the Police over reacted a bit. If they waited a little bit (and did traffic control as well) it would have ended soon and no one would have getten hurt and no one arrested.

All of this is easy for me to say howevr, as I was not there and only saw the video.

Guest Guest-Common Sense-*
It looks to me like the Police over reacted a bit. If they waited a little bit (and did traffic control as well) it would have ended soon and no one would have getten hurt and no one arrested.

All of this is easy for me to say howevr, as I was not there and only saw the video.

I, too, am only going by the raw video.

Thanks to whoever posted the link to it.

What's instructive is that the video is capturing events prior to the eruption and it appears that the protesters were, indeed, walking peacefully and - as demonstrators are SUPPOSED to do - disrupting the regular flow of life (it's called getting people's attention - that's why you protest - to get the lethargic sheeple to wake up!). It also appears that the group was just about to turn the corner onto Plaza Drive and would have been off the parkway in just a few minutes...and onto the recruiting station.

In my opinion, several of the police officers (a couple in particular with that "intimidating" Mr. Clean wannabe look - the shaved heads and Michael Chiklis mugs) overreacted to escalate the situation. I didn't see any students "pushing" or "punching" police officers, but I sure saw a couple of those officers pretending they were filming an episode of The Shield, pushing young kids around.

Those police officers should face disciplinary action.

We live in a free society with the constitutional right to peacefully assemble along with the OBLIGATION to protest what we feel are wrongs being perpetrated by the government.

It doesn't say in the constitution that you have a right to peacefully assemble EXCEPT when it causes inconvenience to motorists on the Vestal Parkway.

I fully support the university kids and I think the police who suddenly showed up like cockroaches ought to be ashamed of their actions. Ever try getting a cop to your house to answer a complaint? Takes 'em forever - but in this situation seems they were willing to drop whatever they were doing to outnumber a few dozen peaceful protesters.

Ironic the protesters were yelling against a war in Iraq that our beloved smirking chimp in a business suit claims is intended to "spread democracy" in the middle east, yet here in the states, if 60 university students want to exercise their constitutional rights to protest that war, the taxpayer-funded police clamp down hard and spray them with mace.

Guest Guest
It doesn't say in the constitution that you have a right to peacefully assemble EXCEPT when it causes inconvenience to motorists on the Vestal Parkway.
Peaceful assembly does not include breaking the law.

VPD made a mistake yesterday, they should have never allowed the prorestors on the parkway.

I saw a protester on that video in the median what was he going to do try and block the west bound lanes too?

Guest Guest

I agree they should of not been walking down the middle of the parkway! But on the other hand atleast they had the DELETED to stand up for whats right! Do you?

Little brats wanting the attention others have gotten by doing the same thing, nothing more.

Children playing grownup got what they deserved.

I was in that terrible line of cars, while they held up traffic and I saw first hand how the police treated them with respect. They didn't act until the babies figured out the POLICE would act if they got onto the parkway itself.

Police acted accrodingly for all of us who were held up, for the accidents it caused, and God forbid had there been an ambulance there with a deathly ill child and they couldn't get through due to these spoiled rotten brats, then what would the headlines have been?

The press took this opportunity as usual to take the headlines in their favor giving them foddder for their next big criminal activity..when you play with peoples lives it is Criminal!.

If they were serious all they had to do was stay on campus, but that wouldn't have given them PRESS now would it?

Guest Give me a break
Channel 34's raw uncut footage of protest and then the provoked attacked on Police.

Please post the link here on the Voice for easy viewing.

That protest was a DELETED joke. Personally they did this only for attention and not for their beliefs. The proof is they were all smiling when they went to jail (as someone stated earlier) because they know they'll be out the next day because mommy and daddy in NYC will give the police and school alittle extra money. This is DELETED. If I was out there protesting with a bunch of students from BCC our DELETED would stay in jail until our DELETED sentence was up because we don't have rich upcomings like these spoiled Deleted brats :angry:

ps: To me it isn't about the war, it's about supporting our troops and our country. In my opinion if you don't support the war, then you don't support our troops. Case closed.

Guest Guest

Case reopened. It is possible to support our troops, to want them to come home safely, and to disagree with GWB's invasion and occupation.

It really is. Just because you can't wrap your mind around that concept doesn't mean that other people can't.

Guest Guest
Case reopened. It is possible to support our troops, to want them to come home safely, and to disagree with GWB's invasion and occupation.

It really is. Just because you can't wrap your mind around that concept doesn't mean that other people can't.

Glad you didn't disagree with the rest of my post :D

@

Lies, the police were great, and these out of towners who want attention are losers.

You planned and you baited the police for press coverage, you got it and you got a lot more, we don't like it when you try and make our police look bad, it was all of you that were wrong and you're not getting away with it.

How many times are going to start a post from the same posters, give it up, we know who you are and we will fight back for our town,village and city.

Why didn't you go downtown Binghamton where you booze it up and start your protest there...why? Cause downtown no one cares, you wouldn't have gotten the press coverage.

Bunch of losers,police brutality what a crock!

Guest Guest

Protesting is an Americanway of life since its history people have protested for their beliefs and rights. Where would we be if the Boston tea party never happened?

Maybe the students. went about it wrong but from what ive seen on the raw footage the police went about it in the wrong way too maybe even provoking the arrest.

I was in the Military as an MP and went through riot training and crowd control, From the looks of it these officers need to get trained or at least adress the situation with more tact.

They really looked bad in that video just like the tin they were wearing made them some kind of god!

Guest Guest

I support the cause of the protest, but walking down the middle of a busy parkway is just a plain dumb way to do it. What if you idiots caused an accident where someone was hurt or killed? You moronic Suny students need a good blast of pepper spray to wake you up to reality. If you were blocking my car I would have "removed" you myself. :)

I get so sick and tired of people complaining about how the cops treat people. If the SUNY students got rough with the cops then the cops should be able to get rough with the SUNY students. If I was on the parkway caught in this traffic or if what they did would have cause an accident I would have been IRATE. I have no problems with SUNY being here I have a problem with the certain few who think they are better than everyone and everything. They walk around thinking they own the City. That's what TICKS me off! It is really that hard for people to be respectful of others or to be nice anymore?? I don't think it is too much to ask for. I try to teach my kids to have respect for other people and to use manners at all times. It really isn't that hard!!

VERY well said! Nice to see there's at least one intelligent poster here.

Most of the SUNY kids are decent. You just have a few random, rude, attention-seeking jerks who make everyone else look bad.

@

Archived