Good Friday

Sleepless in Hillcrest

I'm just curious, how many of you have to work and how many of you have it off? I work for a small family owned company that is not PC, and we still recognize it as a holiday. I'm off tomorrow. I notice that our two Muslim employees don't seem to have a problem with that either!

Guest Tom Miller

Good Friday? Why do they call it Good Friday? I mean really, what's so good about it? I mean seriously. It really isn't that good.

Good Friday? Why do they call it Good Friday? I mean really, what's so good about it? I mean seriously. It really isn't that good.

It's good for me, other than I miss donut day this week. I'll trade a day off for a glazed donut anyday...and I'm Lutheran. I'm serious though, how many work and how many are off? My gut feeling is that it isn't recognized anymore!

Guest Guest
It's good for me, other than I miss donut day this week. I'll trade a day off for a glazed donut anyday...and I'm Lutheran. I'm serious though, how many work and how many are off? My gut feeling is that it isn't recognized anymore!

SIH,

I have tomorrow off. I'm a teacher...I'm sure now that I stated that...the bashing will commence!

PS My daughter visited the Humane Society recently and we will be revisiting most likely to get her another dog. Any advice on choosing one would be so appreciated.

I'm just curious, how many of you have to work and how many of you have it off? I work for a small family owned company that is not PC, and we still recognize it as a holiday. I'm off tomorrow. I notice that our two Muslim employees don't seem to have a problem with that either!

Well I am off, but hubby is suppose to work but is taking a vaca day for the 3 day weekend.

Sleepless my hubby would be able to relate to a mom and pop company. He used to work for one up in Chenango County and totally loved it, until they retired and sold it out. He never been the same and not many places around here anymore that give a dang about their employees. Your a lucky one. Have a Good Weekend.

Mrs Mouser

SIH,

I have tomorrow off. I'm a teacher...I'm sure now that I stated that...the bashing will commence!

PS My daughter visited the Humane Society recently and we will be revisiting most likely to get her another dog. Any advice on choosing one would be so appreciated.

I know most of the dogs down there, but not as well as "No Clue", who is on the board there. In my "opinion", lots of factors involved.

How old is your daughter?

Any other pets?

Fenced in yard? (I don't but I have a kennel in the backyard if I need it...I haven't used it yet)

Is someone home during the day to let them out? (I don't, so I have to keep that in mind)

Can you give them the care and attention they deserve?

I can probably give you a couple of suggestions. Bashing for being a school teacher? All I have to do is mention Chloe and the skies rain hell on me! Get back to me.

Still very interested as to who is off and who is not.

I know most of the dogs down there, but not as well as "No Clue", who is on the board there. In my "opinion", lots of factors involved.

How old is your daughter? === 2 young for u

Any other pets? === cow horse monkey

Fenced in yard? (I don't but I have a kennel in the backyard if I need it...I haven't used it yet) === yep 12"x12"

Is someone home during the day to let them out? (I don't, so I have to keep that in mind) === yea you can leave anytime you want

Can you give them the care and attention they deserve? === only if their clean shaven

I can probably give you a couple of suggestions. Bashing for being a school teacher? All I have to do is mention Chloe and the skies rain hell on me! Get back to me. === No One here would do that, would they?

Still very interested as to who is off and who is not. === Off what ?[/quo

@

working 9-5. but it's free lunch friday so i'll suffer through it.

According to the poster at my work listing the days we are closed, the only time we get Good Friday off is when it falls on a Monday. :lol: so, I guess I'm going to work tomorrow. :angry:

Like in the John Farnham song: "It's a Friday kind of Monday"?

Archived