African Grey

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I am the poster who got the eviction notice... My boyfriend and I found a townhouse that we might have to consider. they will allow the dog but not the bird. :( So, I am just checking to see if there was anyone out there that had experience with parrots that would be interested in purchasing her and giving her a good home.... IF it came down to that. She is a 3yr old African Grey (congo) named Domi. She is a real sweetheart but has to get used to you first. She learns quickly but she forgets quickly too if you don't spend enough time with her. She did have a huge vocabulary and she does dig through it once in a while but she has gotten quieter lately because I have gotten busier and had less time for her. This is a hypothetical situation, I don't know for sure if I am going to have to find her a home or not... but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested if I did have to resort to that.

Guest Guest
I am the poster who got the eviction notice... My boyfriend and I found a townhouse that we might have to consider. they will allow the dog but not the bird. :( So, I am just checking to see if there was anyone out there that had experience with parrots that would be interested in purchasing her and giving her a good home.... IF it came down to that. She is a 3yr old African Grey (congo) named Domi. She is a real sweetheart but has to get used to you first. She learns quickly but she forgets quickly too if you don't spend enough time with her. She did have a huge vocabulary and she does dig through it once in a while but she has gotten quieter lately because I have gotten busier and had less time for her. This is a hypothetical situation, I don't know for sure if I am going to have to find her a home or not... but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested if I did have to resort to that.

Thats messed up, usally you cant have dogs. I have never heard of that. Good luck!

Guest Guest
DELETED

What is wrong with you?? I can appreciate a sense of humor, but there is a time and a place. This is a serious and sensitive issue for me. please have some compassion.

Guest Guest

Why don't you take responsibility and find a place to move to that is accomodating for the bird as well?

Guest voice of reason

I had an African Grey years ago and also an Amazon. I would be very interested in your Parrot. Please let me know how much and where I can see the bird. I currently have 3 parakeets. I'm hoping that the cage comes with the bird.

@

Guest Guest
Why don't you take responsibility and find a place to move to that is accomodating for the bird as well?

I am trying! I would love to do that and I hope to do that! Like I said, hopefully I dont have to find her a home but I just wanted to see if I could if I had to... we only have thirty days so we cant be real picky right now about where we go.

Guest Guest
I had an African Grey years ago and also an Amazon. I would be very interested in your Parrot. Please let me know how much and where I can see the bird. I currently have 3 parakeets. I'm hoping that the cage comes with the bird.

@

Yes, the cage and stand will come with her. I will know for sure in the next week or so if I need to find her a home, I will keep you posted! thank you!

Guest Guest
Is it mean? I would love to have a bird like that. Will it sit on your shoulder and finger?

no shes not mean shes very sweet once she gets to know you. She will lay on your chest if you lay down on the couch and she will cuddle and walk around on your shoulder and on your finger. She is a lot of fun!

First off, I'm sorry you are in this situation, I hope you'll be able to find a place.

But, I have a question, why would a landlord allow a dog, but not a bird? Wouldn't a dog be more likely to do damage?

Maybe you could try to appeal to the landlord, ask him/her why they say no to the bird and see if you can change his/her mind. You never know, they could be soft-hearted.

Good Luck!

Guest Guest
I'd take her in a minute, but my cat is way too creative. She wouldn't be safe here. I agree with DB, dog is OK, but not a bird? Sounds pretty weird to me. You should further explore your options.

@

yeah I dont understand it either. I didn't press the issue much yet, I do plan to talk to her about it more. It's an apartment complex out in endwell and I asked if they would allow a small dog and a bird, she just said yes to the dog no to the bird. I will talk with her more about it.

I love large birds, but anybody who has ever been around one can tell you they can be very destructive, way more than any pup I have ever had. Maybe the landlord has had prior tenants with large birds who were not properly taken care of?

I have always wanted a parrot! I would take her in a minute, but I have a HUGE, DUMB dog and I am afriad that he would hurt it! Try asking Pet Smart, they do an adoption center out of there. Maybe someone there would want it or they would help you adopt it out. They are REALLY nice there!!!

@

I love large birds, but anybody who has ever been around one can tell you they can be very destructive, way more than any pup I have ever had. Maybe the landlord has had prior tenants with large birds who were not properly taken care of?

I just wanted to add to the OP, I do not mean in any way that your bird is destructive. I did not want you to misunderstand what I was trying to say :)

Guest Guest
I just wanted to add to the OP, I do not mean in any way that your bird is destructive. I did not want you to misunderstand what I was trying to say :)

haha no misunderstanding! I give her cardboard and stuff to tear up and she does a number on that! but she hasnt destroyed anything in my house so far :o )

@

You've been given a thirty day day notice which is the requirement, but, if you haven't found the best new dwelling for you and your BF there is still time. The LL would have to proceed with a proper eviction...did you know that?

Here's a link that will inform:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/realestate/tena...ghts_guide.html

yeah I dont understand it either. I didn't press the issue much yet, I do plan to talk to her about it more. It's an apartment complex out in endwell and I asked if they would allow a small dog and a bird, she just said yes to the dog no to the bird. I will talk with her more about it.
Ypu think she might be thinking its a noisy bird

@

Guest Guest
Ypu think she might be thinking its a noisy bird

@

yeah thats the only thing I could think of... Im sure they get people wanting to bring all kinds of pets in there claiming they are quiet and clean etc and end up paying for it int he end.... But Domi really is quiet! she speaks when spoken to haha but she isn't a screamer! I'll try to see if she would be willing to meet the bird maybe (?)

Guest Guest
You've been given a thirty day day notice which is the requirement, but, if you haven't found the best new dwelling for you and your BF there is still time. The LL would have to proceed with a proper eviction...did you know that?

Here's a link that will inform:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/realestate/tena...ghts_guide.html

Thank you! I will check it out!

@

Archived